Author Topic: Ratings (this is NOT dissing the Xbox).  (Read 4345 times)

Ratings (this is NOT dissing the Xbox).
« on: March 05, 2005, 11:12:19 AM »
I was in EB yesterday and I saw all these 5 to 8 year olds talking about Halo1 and 2  I was thinking "why are there parents letting them play these games?"
and one of the 5 year olds said "get the f***  out of my way". I was pissed off but I didn't talk back or hert him.

Sorry for the spam the thing is when will parents read the rating?
LUIGI PWNS YOU!!!!!

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Ratings (this is NOT dissing the Xbox).
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 11:16:04 AM »
This is exactly what I'm talking about, everyone whines about Violence and Sex in Movies, Games and TV, but don't think about being better parents and keeping track of what their kids watch and play.

People need to cut back on the lawsuits and spend more time with their kids.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Ratings (this is NOT dissing the Xbox).
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 11:36:20 AM »
Where's the Left Hand of Mom [to smack the kid] when you need it?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 08:53:20 PM »
sorry, those days are behind us...unfortunately.....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 12:07:57 AM »
So true... to see that in public would prompt a quick call to Child Protection Services.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 10:40:07 AM »
Yeah I saw a 5 - 8 year old boy throw a fit at his parent because the parent would only give him 5 dollars for a game while he wanted Spyro A hero's tale which costs 50 dollars. So the kid basically cursed everyone out for no reason just because he couldn't get spyro.  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 08:30:03 PM »
Poor kid (pun intened(SP?)).
LUIGI PWNS YOU!!!!!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 11:36:54 PM »
I wouldn't have given him the 5 bucks in the first place. I would have grounded his ass hard and take back the 5 bucks. Then I would feed him totally bland foods for the night.

I would make such a cold hearted parent...
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 03:22:15 AM »
I hate kids like that........so spoiled, so whiney. It's like everything revovles around their happiness. It is partially the parents fualt, for loving the kid as a baby/toddler too much (how can you help that though?).
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 05:53:18 AM »
I think one huge problem is  parents that set a bad example.  I know a girl who worked in a daycare, and when they had problem kids all too often the parents would defend them and pass the blame for their kids' bad behaviour on to the daycare workers.  Some parents really believe their kids can do no wrong.  When you don't think your kid has to be responsible for any of the things he or she does, why should your kid consider him or herself responsible?
My kids will not be playing Halo, I can tell you that much.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 05:58:09 AM »
All I can say is that my response would count as child abuse. And involve cable binders.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 09:30:36 AM »
My kids aren't getting ANY video game systems.  They're getting a football, basketball and a baseball and I'm going to say "Create your own fun, and if I find out you were playing video games, no more LEGS!!!"  I will be the only one with a videogame console in the house and it will be in my special little place (my restroom ;-))  If they buy their own, more power to them, but they will not be getting one of those anytime soon.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 09:37:50 AM »
Actually better would be for you to not play video games and play with your kids (IA novel Idea I know) believe me it'll help them grow into mature adults if you spend time with them.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 09:50:51 AM »
Yeah I know, but I'd rather play football and all that stuff with them.  But knowing me I'll be too old and all that sucky stuff and end up having to be a sloth on the couch.  And trust me, if they games stay as they do now (Pikmin, SSBM) and not turn into all GTA clones and FPSes, then I'll play games with them.  But that would just be to get them immune to spending countless hours in doors and playing outside with friends.  Instead of them trying to be "teh 1337".  My parents did it to me, I play games but I played outside ALOT more.  So gotta take what they did and raise the bar a little bit more.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »
Well maybe you won't be able to play all the games with them, but you should definetly play an active role in what they do.

When they watch TV watch with them, when they play games play with them.

The main problem with today's families are parents who don't get involved with their kid's lives and instead expect TV and video games to be the babysitter.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 10:41:49 AM »
See that's why I said they aren't getting any of that stuff.  They're geting a football and a shovel.  Outside activities are fun (and great for the immune system).  If they pick up drug habits, then they in a world of trouble.  To think, it'll probably be like 5 years till I have my own.  Freaky.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 04:28:56 AM »
Shovels ar great. Had so much fun digging holes back then. Bikes are good too.

Anyway, do people in America even have playgrounds anymore? Considering it is a potential legal threat zone these days along with hot tea.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 04:43:40 AM »
Yes there are playgrounds in america but some of them got torn down because people destroyed them or are doing questionable things in them (like the swings or do questionable things in the enclosed slides). And even at 18 I still love going on the swings its a joy kill that people abuse public property which in return force them to get destroyed and ruin peoples fun.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.