Author Topic: Hey bought ds today ( i'm in australia )  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Sexcpersian

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Hey bought ds today ( i'm in australia )
« on: February 23, 2005, 09:27:29 PM »
Hey guys bought the ds today come home with the metriod game.. put it in.. its mad as.. BUT... theres a blue dot up the top of the screen?? im guessing dead pixel ?? ... but its not there when u turn it on like and it goes click the screen.. ?? but as soon as metriod comes its there.. and it stays there forever..

WTF???

Should i take it back to kmart? will they give me a new one.. wat should i dooo ?/ i just got it today...

thanks guys

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Hey bought ds today ( i'm in australia )
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 03:32:49 AM »
You could just take it back...  If that is a pain in the butt though I would try another game.  Make it a gba one if you don't have a DS one.  If the demo is the only game that it seems to be happening on it isn't THAT big of a deal.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 07:49:41 AM »
It sounds like you have a dead pixel.  You can either return it for a refund/exchange or call Nintendo and they'll replace it for free.  (However, from all the bad things I've heard about Nintendo Australia, you might be best off exchanging it.)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 11:59:24 AM »
Hey, I got a dead pixel too, top screen bottom left hand corner, it's annoying, EVERYONE I know who got a DS yesterday in Australia has a f*cking dead pixel or something else wrong with it, Nintendos hardware really is slipping. =\

If you want to get it replaced you'll have to call Nintendo Australia, it has a 12 month warrenty so you should be fine.  

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 12:55:01 PM »
heehee the Aussies get the shaft again..
erm, I mean, go return... And don't go to Kmart next time... Nintendo of Australia + Kmart = you owned

Offline Talon

• View Profile
RE:Hey bought ds today ( i'm in australia )
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 06:00:56 PM »
I remember once i put my gameboy in water (dont ask why) and it rusted.  So I sent it back for repairs to nintendo australia and when i got it back they left a copy of donkey kong country in it hahaha so i scored a free copy of donkey kong country.

But yea anyway if you got a dead pixel take it back there is nothing more annoying.
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end?
Whats at the end of Satan's rainbow?

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 10:33:46 AM »
I don't think that Metroid is the only game it's happening with I live in AUS and I have a dead pixel but it doesn't bother me because you wouldn't be able to see it unless the screen goes black or your trying to look for it with a magnafying (SP?) glass.
LUIGI PWNS YOU!!!!!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 09:17:38 PM »
Return it nonetheless. Ninty offers free replacements, use them!

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 09:47:31 PM »
I REALY don't care.
I don't wont to get a new on any way.
LUIGI PWNS YOU!!!!!