Author Topic: Australians can now test the DS  (Read 1803 times)

Offline borat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Australians can now test the DS
« on: February 16, 2005, 04:54:15 AM »
There's a week to launch, but there are now units in shops if you can't wait or aren't buying one or whatever.  Here's where I've seen them so far, and what game they have on display-

Electronics Boutique (EB Games) - Mario 64 DS
Target - WarioWare Touched (Demo)

As for where they haven't been: Toys "r" Us, K-Mart, Myer (Grace Brothers), David Jones.

They had been at EB for a while but you had to play it at the counter while you got the hard sell (which is a bit like haveing someone talk to you while you pee) and Target has also had them for a bit, but finaly got around to plugging them in.

My advice: go to Target if you want to see what the system is about, WarioWare is a much better example.  Also they have them at a much better height.

Also I can only vouch for Perth, but these things tend to be the same in all states.

And if you're realy desperate to buy something DS related, Target in the Galeria has Ping Pals for sale already.  Which is particularly useless as even importers have no use for it unless they have an importer friend.

I'll update this if anthing worth noting comes up.  

[edit]: just in case anyone's wondering, K-Mart and Target aren't owned by the outlets of the same name in US, but are owned by ColesMyer (Myer is mentioned above).  Uh yeah just some trivia I guess.

Offline Cube_King

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Australians can now test the DS
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 12:57:45 AM »
Ok I know this is totally off the topic and irrelevant to anything but did anyone notice how horrible the Australian DS adverts are? What happened to the hot and sexy voice? These new adverts are dissapointing, just when Nintendo starts making decent ads Nintendo of Australia has to ruin them.
"A bad game is bad forever, but a good game is even better..........." Shigeru Miyamoto

RE: Australians can now test the DS
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 04:40:23 PM »
No one cears about the adverts only like 1/10 of the poeple get to see them any way. Oh and what  sexy voice a girl could get one to ya know.
LUIGI PWNS YOU!!!!!