Author Topic: Episode 84: Reminds Me of Me  (Read 9397 times)

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Episode 84: Reminds Me of Me
« on: May 04, 2013, 01:05:01 AM »

A quaint episode all about Rayman, Injustice, and the NHL playoffs. Why not?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/34107

After last week's 3DS blowout and news-a-palooza, this week's episode is a little svelte.

Kicking things off, Scott, Mike and Patrick discuss the Rayman Legends Challenges App. The free download is meant to appease fans over the inexplicable delay of Rayman Legends. Does it do that job? Yeah, it kind of does!

After that, Scott, Zach and Neal dive deep into Injustice: Gods Among Us, the DC fighter from the people who brought you Mortal Kombat. The trio has much to say about the impressive array of game modes, the simple and intuitive combat, and more!  Long story short, if you are a fighting game fan or a DC fan, Injustice is for you.

After the outro, stick around for a bonus segment all about the ongoing NHL playoffs with Scott, JP, and special guest Donald Theriault (who you may know as Shaymin). The crew breaks down each match-up, makes some tame predictions, and generally hates on the Canucks.

As always, you can click here to send us your listener mail; which you should totally do. Until next week!

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 84: Reminds Me of Me
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 01:18:28 AM »
Haters gonna hate.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 04:56:19 AM »
There aren't actually that many characters in Rayman Challenges, i think i unlocked all of them by third day.

At least these aren't hundreds of complete palette swaps, like in Rayman Origins.

Also since challenges teach you the physics of the game i now started to appreciate Origins even more. I put Wii game in my Wii U and man, i am doing so much better now. I "beat" the game last year, but now i think i will go for full completion.

Wii version plays just fine, also don't forget PC version which is might be the cheapest but only if you have gamepad connected to your computer.

Adding you all all, once i come back home.

Injustice.

It's kinda sad that everyone keep referring to plot as "Injustice Lords: The videogame" and not "Brave New Metropolis" because premises fit better. Also STAS is better than JL.

I think i already mentioned that i tried demo on Xbox and didn't liked the control scheme.

Making things accessible is fine, making things different for the sake of being different is frustrating. You mentioned they even had to add an option to fix it.

In MK you have High Kick, Low Punch and hi and lo kicks. In Tekken you have kick and punch buttons for each hand.

Injustice has three action buttons (?) and one button that.. changes... stance? And moves while different are seemingly doing the same in both stances?..

Couldn't make the sense of it.

Smith's podcast is actually pretty bad. For a podcast "about batman" they talk very little about batman or even about comics for that matter. Dini episode was very on point i guess. But Strong, Hamill, Conroy episodes -- very little comic related stuff. Hamill one is two hours of old theater, old radio and unrelated old tv shows discussion. Nothing really on comics, batman or even SW in entire episode.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Fireponcoal

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »
Propagandhi.  Love those lyrics.

I like how Hedges tells it like it is.
I like the sciences. I like profound mysteries.
I like The Supremes' "You Can't Hurry Love"
and the emergence of competing histories.
And I like the Maple Leafs
cuz they remind me of me:
inconsistent, fragile, internationally reviled.
I like allegories. Cinderella stories.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »
I have never been so happy to be wrong than I am about the Canucks right now.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 11:28:48 AM »
Pickles.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Retro Deckades

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 11:56:40 AM »

This sentence makes my brain hurt.

Offline Retro Deckades

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 02:19:05 AM »
I'm usually a fan of your work on this podcast, Scott, but playing that annoying, god-awful Chelsea Dagger song at its close is damn near unforgivable!

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 07:58:05 AM »
I'm usually a fan of your work on this podcast, Scott, but playing that annoying, god-awful Chelsea Dagger song at its close is damn near unforgivable!

Ha ha. Well in my defense, I actually find that song pretty annoying. BUT it is the Blackhawks' goal song, so I had to!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 10:54:35 AM »

This sentence makes my brain hurt.

I picked the Swedish men's diving team in 5. San Jose leads 2-0. This pleases me.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Retro Deckades

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 03:16:09 PM »
I was able to understand your sentence's meaning -- only its syntax was confusing.

I see you are pretty proud of your little "diving team" joke. It's OK, though -- I'm sure all Toronto fans' spirits are soaring at the moment since their team finally has a sliver of relevancy after seven years.

Offline jayar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 07:19:37 PM »
pickles

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »

Offline joeplayer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 10:21:40 AM »
Pickles!

Also, the registration form does not work in either Firefox or Chrome on OSX. The verification control is not displayed.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 04:07:25 PM »
pickles
Pickles.

I'm liking it so far.

I don't know if this some new cool internet meme that you web-saavy kids started in the bonus segment (which I didn't listen to, sorry, Hockey sucks), but I'll get into it.  I can be hip!  PICKLES!  LOLCATZ! 

Just kidding.   Go Ducks.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 04:17:43 PM »
Gah! It's Justice Lords! Not Injustice Lords! You ruin everything, Zach!

And I love Fatman on Batman because you get to hear the story of how people that have done great Batman-related work got there, and it's usually fascinating. I'll defend (most of) that podcast to the end. I think it's incredible and fun. Granted, the ones where it is little more than "Kevin Smith and His Shitty Friends" usually fall short. But throwing on Hamill, Conroy, Dini, Snyder, Loeb, etc. etc., it's pure freaking gold. And azeke, I assume you won't care for my hopefully Connectivity spin-off where I get developers to talk about what they worked on throughout their career.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 06:44:24 PM »
Pickles.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
Pickles

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 11:09:32 PM »
I assume you won't care for my hopefully Connectivity spin-off where I get developers to talk about what they worked on throughout their career.
I'd love it, as long as i get to listen discussion about videogames.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 08:59:34 PM »
And azeke, I assume you won't care for my hopefully Connectivity spin-off where I get developers to talk about what they worked on throughout their career.

Interesting! I always wished that something like Karl's Reset Button series would have continued on NWR. Those were more focused on the history of one particular game, but they also talked about the interviewee's overall career.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »
Keep prodding me to do it, and I'll try to do it. It's just something that, as Karl learned Reset Button, is a Herculean task to organize.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 01:48:30 AM »
It's just something that, as Karl learned Reset Button, is a Herculean task to organize.

I can imagine.

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 07:56:37 AM »
Pickles, yo!
Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 09:45:52 AM »
I'm genuinely surprised so many people listened through to the end of the NHL segment. But now you've all doomed yourselves to more, you fools!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »
I'm genuinely surprised so many people listened through to the end of the NHL segment. But now you've all doomed yourselves to more, you fools!
I was volunteering at the local animal shelter and so basically had my hands full through the whole thing