Author Topic: Wii U Launch Lists/Plans/Budgets  (Read 20298 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Launch Lists/Plans/Budgets
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 12:15:38 AM »
Nintendo Network Premium program? How's that different from club nintendo rewards we already have? At first i thought it's gonna be like discount for DD titles, but no -- you just get points for buying games that you waste on MORE games.
Is it really a waste if you want those games? For anyone who downloads a lot of games (or plans to), the Deluxe Digital Program is a great deal.

Yeah, right off the bat I'm downloading 5 games from the eShop. Even if I steer clear of buying digital versions of retail games completely, I figure I could easily earn 4 or more free eShop games over the next two years with my regular purchasing habits.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »
Nintendo Network Premium program? How's that different from club nintendo rewards we already have? At first i thought it's gonna be like discount for DD titles, but no -- you just get points for buying games that you waste on MORE games.
Is it really a waste if you want those games? For anyone who downloads a lot of games (or plans to), the Deluxe Digital Program is a great deal.
Oh, i'm going to download quite a lot of eShop games. Nano Assault for sure and maaaaybe Trine, for starters.

But see, to justify me overpaying 50 euro for DDP (because it's really the only thing about Deluxe bundle that's i'm interested in) i would need to be sure i will save those 50 Euros within two first years. To save 50 euros i will need to spend 500 euros first.

Am i sure i am going to spend as much within first two years? Not sure.

Or maybe i am just trying to justify my earlier purchase really hard because when i made that order in August i chose it because of colour and there were no info about the differences between models. And because i can't really change it now, with Black Deluxe set being sold out everywhere.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:34:02 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 12:44:53 AM »
Man, I WISH I could get the Deluxe version in White. I had really intended to get a White Wii U until the Deluxe Bundle chopped that plan into little itty bitty pieces. I even briefly pondered getting a Basic Wii U anyways just to be stubborn but... *sigh*

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 08:05:57 AM »
But see, to justify me overpaying 50 euro for DDP (because it's really the only thing about Deluxe bundle that's i'm interested in) i would need to be sure i will save those 50 Euros within two first years. To save 50 euros i will need to spend 500 euros first.
Understood. I got caught up on the word "waste." You're not wasting the points on more games when you want those games to begin with. You're basically getting something for buying things you wanted anyway.

At the same time, I view the Deluxe Set differently. The package itself includes things I want, namely the black console/GamePad, but also Nintendo Land. The Deluxe Digital Promotion is a bonus to me so I'm not looking at it as a way to make up the extra $50 I'm spending as I would have bought the Deluxe Set either way. Any points I earn just makes a future purchase cheaper.

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 10:16:08 AM »
At Launch
  • Deluxe Wii U (Preordered at Toys R Us)
  • Assassin's Creed III (Preordered at Gamestop)
When I Get More Money
  • ZombiU
  • Darksiders II
  • Trine 2 (e-shop)
  • NSMBU
When They Are Released
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • A Tale of Two Brothers (e-shop)
  • Rayman Legends
I will try to purchase the other games at Sears or K-Mart to get my employee discount

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 12:32:09 AM »
Hey! Is Toy's R Us doing one of those "buy two get one free" sales this fall? I may do that.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 12:33:08 AM »
They did Buy One, Get One 40% off two weeks ago..
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 02:51:57 AM »
I shall not be buying anything yet.  None of the launch games make me feel impelled to buy a new system.  I also want to make sure that Nintendo have taken a nice big bite of humble pie.  I am in no mood to be shafted again.

If they start pulling the same tricks as they did with the Wii, it shall be a bargain bin purchase.  If they impress me, I will get one when something I am more interested in comes out for it.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 06:36:02 AM »
Hopefully I can buy this Wii U and then flip it to someone on the train ride home for a net profit of several hundred dollars.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 07:26:23 AM »
Hey! Is Toy's R Us doing one of those "buy two get one free" sales this fall? I may do that.
Best Buy had a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale 2 weeks ago and Target had it last week. I mentioned it in the "Most Recent Gaming Purchase" thread in the General Gaming forum. If I see another one of those sales in the future, I'll try to post it in a more populated thread. Toys R Us has those deals more frequently. I check Cheap Ass Gamer every so often to try to track down these sales because I rarely stumble upon them by chance.

Offline Neifirst

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 09:49:28 AM »
Pre-Ordered
Deluxe Set at Best Buy ($350)
Pro Controller at Newegg ($38)
ZombiU at Newegg ($48)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at Amazon ($50)

Subtotal: $486
Tax: $21 on system only

Total: $507 less $215 in giftcards at Best Buy and $50 in rewards points at Amazon = $238 out of pocket!

I'm holding out hope that maybe some first party Gamecube games may be available on the WiiU eShop, playable on the tablet of course!

Also, several listed Rayman Legends at launch - I believe it's been delayed until March 2013.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 11:17:39 AM »
ZombiU is $48 on NewEgg.  Hmmm...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
I pre-ordered the premium bundle so that alone is 399, i also want to pick up Mario and another third party game, either call of duty or assassins creed, not sure yet, it all depends on the feedback from the reviews. Other than that i would like to get a pro controller if available, so am probably looking at about a budget of 550.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »
ZombiU is $48 on NewEgg.  Hmmm...
There's a $12 off coupon that you can use to get it at that price.

Offline Fireponcoal

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 04:46:45 PM »
Hello all,
first post,
here goes it,

WiiU-Deluxe(gamestop)

Pro controller(gamestop)

Fifa 13(gamestop)

New Super Mario Bros. U(gamestop)

The name is Chris(from the great city of Philadelphia PA).  The system and all of the above is purchased and November the 18th can't get here quick enough. 

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »
Fifa 13(gamestop)

Welcome Chris! And... yes, more FIFA 13 fans!

... I don't know why I'm so excited about that game. Maybe because I think it'll make me play sports games again like I used to do on the NES and SNES before they got all complicated to just, well, play.

Offline Fireponcoal

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »
I hear you regarding sports titles and tend to agree.  I purchase many but my skill level is not a high one.. I'm a relatively new sports fan and they do help me figure it all out one could say. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:50:11 PM by Fireponcoal »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 09:20:09 AM »
Fifa 13(gamestop)
... I don't know why I'm so excited about that game. ...
Its the Extra Detailed Grass.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2012, 11:35:06 AM »
Fifa 13(gamestop)

Welcome Chris! And... yes, more FIFA 13 fans!

... I don't know why I'm so excited about that game. Maybe because I think it'll make me play sports games again like I used to do on the NES and SNES before they got all complicated to just, well, play.
I'm joining you two on the FIFA train also. Can't wait to take Man Utd to the top!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 12:36:25 PM »
I'd be buying FIFA if it included the ability to manage national teams in addition to club teams in career mode like this year's 360/PS3 version added. Since it doesn't, I'll be waiting until next year on the Wii U and holding onto my 360 copy of this year's game.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »
When do the games start hitting stores? Next Wednesday?

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 01:25:54 PM »
I would expect so. November 14th (next Wednesday) is the launch date. Though if you've preordered from an online store, you may get it sooner as they normally dispatch these things early to avoid a late delivery.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »
I recently spent $1300 on my car and just recently paid off another credit card bill that was roughly the same amount (after months of being pretty good with my money and spending less than $1000 combined on both my cards a month) so.. I may just have to rough it out with Zombie U and Nintendo Land awhile.

Guess it's a good thing I still have Wii games I haven't finished huh?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Neifirst

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »
For those that missed out on the Newegg $12 off coupon last month, Toys R Us is having a pretty good sale this week, including Wii U games.

Buy 1 $59.99 game, get $10 or Buy 2 and get $30 off.

It only works from 11/11 to 11/17, so the Nintendo first party releases and ZombiU are excluded, but the following should be available beginning Tuesday, 11/13:

Assassin's Creed III
Super Scribblenauts
Fifa 13
Madden NFL 13
Mass Effect 3

Also, already posted in the deals thread, but ALL Wii U games will be buy 1, get 1 40% beginning 8pm Thanksgiving night and into Friday.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »
Oddly enough, this week, TRU is running B1G1 40% off on all Wii, DS, 3DS and... Wii U games that are $49.99 or less.  Also only good until the 17th.

Is it planned that a large amount of Wii U titles will be out before the system?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.