Author Topic: Mega Man 9 (WiiWare)  (Read 96433 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mega Man 9 for WiiWare announced by Nintendo Power
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »
Guys I wish you wouldn't talk about that stuff.
 http://Http://gamespite.net/toastywiki/index.php/Games/EverythingWrongIsRightAgain
Edit: I messed up the link.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 04:10:10 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2008, 07:38:07 PM »
More like an NES owner, as well as someone who's fully capable of finding emulators+roms online.

never heard of/played a fan-made MM game that plays as good as MM2.

its not like this is a remake of an older game, its a brand new game in a retro style.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2008, 08:17:59 PM »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2008, 08:24:08 PM »
Yeah, and apparently it's no longer exclusive too.

*GROAN*

Why do the HD Twins get this NES game?  That just isn't fair.  Seriously, this game was exclusive for like 3 or 4 days.  It's like they achieve sexual climax by breaking exclusitivity to Nintendo owners.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2008, 08:31:15 PM »
Yeah it is disappointing, Classic megaman hasn't been around in a while so Capcom has to try to get it out to everybody.So when these young gamers spit on it for its graphics, hopefully Capcom will see that Megaman's fanbase is on the Wii.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »
Capcom is obviously using this scheme as a means to fund RE5.

Count me out.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2008, 08:43:41 PM »
Still getting on WiiWare, Dont like PS pad for megaman games(didnt like it with the MM anniversary collections) and the 360 dpad is all kinds of wrong. Also Capcom confirmed MM 1 and 2 on VC. And plus the only authentic NES experience is with the Wii remote on it's side.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2008, 08:50:37 PM »
It's like they achieve sexual climax by breaking exclusitivity to Nintendo owners.

It's Capcom.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2008, 08:58:32 PM »
And you would think that gamers didn't give a damn about exclusives anymore. Seriously though people would only want it on 360 is for achievements, PSN if it had remote play and/or trophies(which are as pointless as achievements). I guess I lost the mindset of a rabid fanboy or I don't care anymore since I own all platforms.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
I'm getting it on 360!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »
Yeah, I don't mind. It woulda been really, REALLY weird if it was exclusive actually. This is Megaman guys! Megaman is ALL of our childhoods!

I'm getting it on 360!

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2008, 09:01:42 PM »
Yeah, and apparently it's no longer exclusive too.

*GROAN*

Why do the HD Twins get this NES game?  That just isn't fair.  Seriously, this game was exclusive for like 3 or 4 days.  It's like they achieve sexual climax by breaking exclusitivity to Nintendo owners.
Correct and thats why I don't trust Capcom.  Though I know don't know if I'll get it for Wii or PS3...

Also after watching that trailer I'm a little less excited.  Mostly because most of the environments and level design I've seen in another Megaman # game.

(You know I didn't think about Remote Play... Though I don't have a PSP...  But I wish I could have remote play for the FFCC Wiiware game.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2008, 09:03:09 PM »
anyone else notice a 'shadow megaman" following Mega in that dark stage as he collected the E-tank (around the middle of the vid)?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »
I guess I lost the mindset of a rabid fanboy or I don't care anymore since I own all platforms.

Owning every console does not come with a Non-Fanboy Club Membership. 

And I do give a damn about exclusives.  It means they have full faith in the product to appeal to the userbase and only have to concentrate on one platform, so they can make it the best they possibly can.  This is why Nintendo's Wii games sell the most, and being exclusive is correlated to quality.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »
I guess I lost the mindset of a rabid fanboy or I don't care anymore since I own all platforms.

And I do give a damn about exclusives.  It means they have full faith in the product to appeal to the userbase and only have to concentrate on one platform, so they can make it the best they possibly can.  This is why Nintendo's Wii games sell the most, and being exclusive is correlated to quality.

Oh? Thats not always true at all and there are a lot of multiplatform games that are awesome. And there are a lot of exclusives that are duds.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2008, 09:58:05 PM »
As tiny as this is, I think it's an indicator of what is going on at Nintendo's HQ, and I think it's simply that they just do not fucking care at all about attempting to secure exclusives and appeal to the non-casual audience.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, because I look at the games they have made themselves and see a well-rounded sampling of both casual and hardcore games.  But then I look at every other developer and realize that they are trying to emulate only part of Nintendo's strategy by pumping out the least-polished software based around little more than "push the button, win the game" mechanics.

I think Nintendo knows the Wii has been a huge accomplishment, and I actually somewhat believe in the idea that they've expanded the audience of gamers all around.  But I don't see these people following Nintendo in 2-3 years when they HAVE to release a new system to stop the bleeding of any third party game.  Which makes me think Nintendo's attitude NOW is the most telling of what they intend to do with their entire company, and since it looks like they are absolutely pleased-as-**** with their own success, they've lost all drive and motivation to truly keep going.

These first two years were marked with a fairly good array of titles, but the third parties continually plunge further and further into absolute bullshit, and even Nintendo's own devhouses appear to be completely happy with actively avoiding sending out games that might potentially win favor in the gaming crowd.

I mean, we can talk sales all we want, but the numbers apparently show that barely anyone plays their systems, downloads games, or actively purchases retail software.  And frankly, Microsoft could just as easily claim that they are in as good - if not better - position than Nintendo since their userbases are fairly close at the moment.

I'm just so tired of looking up new info from Nintendo and seeing it all be a kick in the nuts.  Right now, every 360/PS3 fanboy is actively cursing Nintendo and pointing out how "it was totally bullshit that the Wii would get MM9 exclusively."  The back-pedaling is insane.  First MM9 is announced for the Wii and everyone bitches.  Then it's for everyone and they are all happy, completely forgetting that the previous day they complained about the graphics and totally swore off ever playing it.  Then it went back to the Wii only and they made the same arguments in greater degree.  And now it's back to everyone and THEY ALL ARE PISSING ON NINTENDO instead of just saying "alright cool."

The Wii has actually given Nintendo worse standing in the gaming community, and their next system is going to suffer for it.  I don't see the casuals adopting new hardware, and I don't see the hardcore kids wanting to bother with it at all.

A scary proposition.  And yet Nintendo seems to just not fuckin' care at all, and THAT is what annoys me so damn much about this entire scenario.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2008, 10:12:34 PM »

Oh? Thats not always true at all and there are a lot of multiplatform games that are awesome. And there are a lot of exclusives that are duds.

Notice I said CORRELATED, not caused.  What that means is that exclusive games tend (critically and even commercially) to be better than non-exclusive ones, and this even includes awful exclusive games like Soccer Kid on the GBA which brings down averages.  One of the tragedies of the PSP is that it's best selling games are ports and port-ish titles, and HEY, they don't sell as much as... say... the Exclusive Nintendogs or NSMB.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2008, 10:19:54 PM »
As tiny as this is, I think it's an indicator of what is going on at Nintendo's HQ, and I think it's simply that they just do not fucking care at all about attempting to secure exclusives and appeal to the non-casual audience.

I don't think that's a fair assumption...Look at Fatal Frame...Look at Monster Hunter 3...If anything, Ninty has done TOO MUCH work on securing exclusives when developers should be GIVING THEM TO THEM WITHOUT NINTENDO HAVING TO DO ANY EFFORT!  They are the worldwide market leaders now, for pete's sake!  It's like making the winner of a race purchase his own ****ing champagne!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2008, 10:31:25 PM »
Strell I doubt that any company cares that you buy their compeditor's product as long as you buy their product as well. Hell even Iwata said he doesn't care if a Wii owner buys a PS3 or a 360 why? Because that person bought a Wii in the first place mission accomplished. Companies don't give a damn about anything except that if you buy their products or a product that will make them money.

Deguello that still isn't really true sure there's always a chance that exclusives can sell well but theres also a good chance that they can fail as well case and point boom blox(and a damn shame that it did flop). Making a exclusive only allows your product to be available to one market while multiplatform titles allow your product to be available to more than one market and theoretically can bring in more sales at the expense of developing for more than one system.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
TEND TO, Flames.  TEND TO.  Sure an exclusive game like Lair can flop.

But notice the Top 10 best selling individual games this generation:

1. Wii Sports - 24 million+
2. Nintendogs - 18 million+
3. Pokemon Diamond - 15 million+
4. New Super Mario Brothers - ~15 million
5. Brain Training - 13 million+
6. Wii Play - 13 million+
7. Brain Training 2 - 11 million+
8. Mario Kart DS - 11 million+
9. Animal Crossing Ds - ~10 million
10. Halo 3 - 8 Million

What one thing do ALL of these games have in common?  Sure a game like Call of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero 3 might do well with the critics and combined might beat out some of the ones on the list (although that mean a gajillion more hours and effort to support a lot of platforms)  and even with them combined, they still don't even scratch NSMB or Nintendogs or Wii Play or Wii Sports.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2008, 11:00:29 PM »

10. Halo 3 - 8 Million

What one thing do ALL of these games have in common?  Sure a game like Call of Duty 4 and Guitar Hero 3 might do well with the critics and combined might beat out some of the ones on the list (although that mean a gajillion more hours and effort to support a lot of platforms)  and even with them combined, they still don't even scratch NSMB or Nintendogs or Wii Play or Wii Sports.

Lets see with an exception of Nintendogs, Wii sports and Wii play and Brainage 1 all of them are sequels to prominent and mainstream franchises. Nintendogs was released on 4 or 5 different SKUs. Wii Sports was bundled with the Wii in every region except Japan (and I think Korea).  Wii Play lured people since it came with a extra controller.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2008, 11:01:42 PM »

10. Halo 3 - 8 Million

They are all Nintendo games besides Halo, that is what they have in common. And even that may not be the case for very long considering GTAIV combined sales will likely surpass Halo 3 making all Nintendo games and one multiplatform game ;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:06:28 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2008, 11:04:14 PM »
its not like this is a remake of an older game, its a brand new game in a retro style.

Yes, but I wouldn't buy a new NES-style Mario game either. Or Zelda. Or anything, really. That era has come and gone. It's time to move on and do new things.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2008, 11:10:05 PM »

10. Halo 3 - 8 Million

Lets see with an exception of Nintendogs, Wii sports and Wii play and Brainage 1 all of them are sequels to prominent and mainstream franchises. Nintendogs was released on 4 or 5 different SKUs. Wii Sports was bundled with the Wii in every region except Japan (and I think Korea).  Wii Play lured people since it came with a extra controller.

Yeah and MGS4 and Viva Pinata were bundled too.  And?  And hey multiple SKUs don't mean jack, I mean Halo 3 had 3.  I think MGS4 had 3 too.  That's not good enough.

And hey GoldenPhoenix touched on something, I'd like to expand upon.  You know that old, tired talking point that "Only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo systems?"  Well apparently, we can just shorten that to "Only Nintendo games sell."

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2008, 01:23:55 AM »

Yes, but I wouldn't buy a new NES-style Mario game either. Or Zelda. Or anything, really. That era has come and gone. It's time to move on and do new things.

Wow.  You know there are certain games that don't need to go retro, but some really would be great to go retro.

I would have loved for New Super Mario Bros, to actually be a Retro game...with brand new levels.  Or a New Super Mario Bros 3 Retro game.

Mega Man's Art Style on the 8Bit still looks good and feels good today.  So Mega Man 9 looks great and looks clean.  I think that is the difference...it is about Art not just about going Retro for Retro's sake and some franchises would do well to go back to its roots.

I know if there was a River City Ransom sequel I wouldn't want it to have modern 3D graphics...I would want complete Retro Graphics.