Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1545261 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #5050 on: June 30, 2015, 01:19:03 AM »
"I'm ready for my closeup, Mr Deville"

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: June 30, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »
"I'm ready for my closeup, Mr DeMille"
FTFY.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5052 on: June 30, 2015, 09:56:16 PM »
Jurassic World (IMAX 3D)

It was what I needed it to be.  Would've been nice to take a shot for every product placement.  Effects were good.  Some lines are cheesy, but I'm not sure if they're supposed to be funny.  Either way, there was a good amount of laughs.

8/10

The product placement was so bad it actually made its way into the script disguised as humour What if the marketers named the dinosaurs? Verizon Presents the (whatever the dinosaur name was)?

Yeah, that part was "so bad, it's good" for me.  I kept thinking about how epic of a drinking game you could make of it.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: June 30, 2015, 10:47:20 PM »
Terminator.  The 3rd movie in the series I've been waiting for for 20 years.
Watch the first one again before you go see it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5054 on: July 01, 2015, 01:01:36 PM »
So, good? Bad? Great?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: July 01, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »
I really, really liked it.  It's been getting mixed reviews, but I was very pleased with it.  Probably going to see it again this weekend.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: July 07, 2015, 10:13:55 PM »
Terminator Genisys - 8.5/10

I don't get the negative reviews for this movie at all. It's awesome, and it's basically the Days of Future Past of Terminator movies, only with more time travel. It actually answers many of the questions from the other movies if you pay attention. The trailers give away too much, but not everything. The remade scenes from The Terminator are done excellently, and the little bits of humor actually work. Sure the story could have been explained a little bit more, but I think the lack of explaining some things actually helps set the intense pace of the time travelling (33 years in a matter of hours). I thought it was great.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: July 07, 2015, 11:24:02 PM »
Terminator: Genisys is kinda a mess, but i liked it. It's stupid but loveable in a way.

At first i thought JK Simmons' character was Dr. Silberman but apparently he was an unrelated character. A shame because Dr. Silberman appearance would have been a great fanservice move.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: July 09, 2015, 07:11:47 AM »
Terminator Genisys

An entertaining mess that is so bad it's goodish. Conner, Kyle, and Sarah are just terrible. Conner doesn't come off as a leader, Kyle is missing all the war trauma or personality and is so built that the rats in the future must be huge. Sarah doesn't have a hard edge to her for someone who has been running from killers for most of her life and comes off more of a school girl than anything else. The "Chemistry" between Sarah and Kyle is just not a thing. Casting is a fucking disaster.

Arnold still fucking owns, however the the dialogue overall was pretty poor and you aren't really going to get any classic one liners out of this movie. JK Simmons is mentioned is great.

The action goes from excellent when they aren't leaning on CGI to yeah, err ok. Visually, young Arnold is a real treat. Future War isn't bad, but lacking skulls. I appreciated the overall low amount of camera shake.

The music is really forgettable despite cribbing notes from the original.

The marketing for this movie was just terrible, packed with spoilers. Seriously, they could have just have Arnold hamming it up chewing lines as the only form of marketing and it would have been 100x better. Also PG-13 this meant even swearing is seemingly notably absent.

It's a terrible Terminator film in most respects, although still better than Salvation, good god that was rubbish. If you are going to watch this, go to see it for Arnold, anything else is going to disappoint you. T3 is the better Terminator movie, but this is the better Arnold movie.

It's stupid fun at the end of the day and isn't going to piss you off like Transformers.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: July 09, 2015, 09:58:10 PM »
I really should get around to watching all the Terminator movies for once. I finally got around to seeing all the X-Men movies for the first time last month. Well, except for Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine. Still, all in all, it's been a pretty well handled film series. As much as Sony gets crap for how they've handled other superhero properties like Fantastic Four and Spiderman, they've really done a good job with the X-Men franchise as evidenced by the fact that no one really seems to be calling for Marvel to talk it back over. X-Men: First Class is probably the high point so far of the series.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: July 10, 2015, 12:38:13 PM »
Xmen and F4 are Fox. Sony has Spiderman. Everything else is Marvel Studios (Disney), I think.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: September 02, 2015, 01:41:13 AM »
Primer whoa. I had it until about 3/4 of the way through the movie. I read a guide online after watching it which laid out most of the details (but not all)

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: September 02, 2015, 02:03:50 AM »
While Primer definitely got way too too confusing i still got the general gist of what was happening by the end. Neat movie.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: September 02, 2015, 08:59:10 AM »
Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

A pretty good emulation of Bird's Ghost Protocol overall style and feel with it's continued deconstruction of the franchise and spy movies. The massive motorbike chase mid movie was a true stand out moment for the film although it is interrupted with an almost nuke the fridge moment that tarnishes it. No doubt all the biking was to make up for how little Tom gets to run.

The camera is nice and smooth outside of hand to hand fights which is a shame because the fights is good enough not to need them. Bolt on cameras are used to best effect during the chase scenes.

The bad was the gratuitous product placements, this is contrasted by how well it does its callbacks which are rewards for the observant viewer. There were an overuse of "smart" type devices which I guess was an attempt to avoid looking like the period piece that is the first mission impossible has become despite its use of then bleeding edge tech.

1>4>5>3>2

7/10

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: September 02, 2015, 01:16:56 PM »
I really should get around to watching all the Terminator movies for once. I finally got around to seeing all the X-Men movies for the first time last month. Well, except for Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine. Still, all in all, it's been a pretty well handled film series. As much as Sony gets crap for how they've handled other superhero properties like Fantastic Four and Spiderman, they've really done a good job with the X-Men franchise as evidenced by the fact that no one really seems to be calling for Marvel to talk it back over. X-Men: First Class is probably the high point so far of the series.

Fatty is correct in the breakdown of film rights. I know for me the greatest reason that I am not calling for Fox to hand back X-Men is because they have handled it well enough, so there is little chance of it happening anytime soon. I would love it just to get everyone back together, but it just won't happen right now. It took a huge studio network hack and a failed Spiderman movie to bring Sony to the bargaining table.

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

A pretty good emulation of Bird's Ghost Protocol overall style and feel with it's continued deconstruction of the franchise and spy movies. The massive motorbike chase mid movie was a true stand out moment for the film although it is interrupted with an almost nuke the fridge moment that tarnishes it. No doubt all the biking was to make up for how little Tom gets to run.

The camera is nice and smooth outside of hand to hand fights which is a shame because the fights is good enough not to need them. Bolt on cameras are used to best effect during the chase scenes.

The bad was the gratuitous product placements, this is contrasted by how well it does its callbacks which are rewards for the observant viewer. There were an overuse of "smart" type devices which I guess was an attempt to avoid looking like the period piece that is the first mission impossible has become despite its use of then bleeding edge tech.

1>4>5>3>2

7/10

I have a soft spot for number 2. It is a fun popcorn action flick.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: September 02, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »
I have a soft spot for number 2. It is a fun popcorn action flick.
It was a really, really bad MI movie, But there is no denying its Wooness. Its not that far behind 3 which is nonsensical. If you go for the popcorn factor 2 definitely pulls out ahead of 3.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: October 24, 2015, 11:16:49 PM »
Martian - fantastic.

I will never stop raving at Hollywood's streak of great sci-fi movies every year.

Space, rockets, people surviving against all odss -- give me more of that.

« Reply #5067 on: October 28, 2015, 04:24:15 PM »
I just saw Jurassic World on Sunday. I regret not seeing this in theaters it was probably the best movie in the series, definitely superior to all of the sequels and almost better than the original in some ways. I am going to be keeping an eye out for the sure to disappoint sequel that now follows.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: October 28, 2015, 07:55:47 PM »
I think that sequels, if done right, could be quite enjoyable.I can think of two premises: first, Owen is hired to be an adviser/wrangler for some hybrid dinos gone wild in some mountain village, carnage and cool dino fights ensue; second, some foreign company tries to build a park in a more populated part of the world and hires Owen as an adviser/wrangler, carnage and cool dino fights ensue.

The magic of the first film will never be repeated, but JW matches the fun factor blow for blow.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #5069 on: October 29, 2015, 02:13:36 PM »
I hope that if they do a sequel they stay away from repeating the mistakes of the previous films. The whole subplot of weaponizing the raptors was pretty weak but that could be a good basis for a sequel, some terrorist group gets their hands on that stuff the scientists were running off with at the end of the film.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5070 on: October 29, 2015, 07:38:08 PM »
I would like a sequel that deals with dinosaurs differently than on a theme park.  The Lost World, worked because it wasn't Jurassic Park 2...it was a different premise. 

It would be nice to see what happens if a complete military breeding program was created and it got out of hand.  The plot could easily follow the stereotypical man screws up with the forces of nature...and unleashes something horrible.  But this time with military instead of civilians being in the crossfire. 

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: November 15, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »
Pixels wasn't as bad as the Internet says it is. It's not great, but it is dumb fun.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5072 on: November 15, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »
The Martian was good.  Has science, could've used more of it.  I kinda wanted to see more of Matt Damon discovering the problem and then figuring out the solutions.  Movie kinda only shows him solving problems.  Still good movie, depending on how much you like Matt Damon.

The Peanuts movie was also good.  It sticks to the core themes of Peanuts.  Some segments seem like non-sequiturs, but it was still fun.  It doesn't really shake things up to attract new fans or turn off existing ones.  Only thing that really feels "fresh" is animation and audio quality.

« Reply #5073 on: November 15, 2015, 07:35:16 PM »
I actually want to see Peanuts might have to take my nieces to see it too.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5074 on: November 15, 2015, 09:51:44 PM »
I would definitely recommend.  Now, the humor is largely in-line with the older movies, so it's not as fast paced and "random" as many modern American cartoons.  I'm not sure how "today's kids" will react to it, whatever that means.