Author Topic: Eternal Mafi Day III  (Read 16591 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Eternal Mafi Day III
« on: September 13, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »
Story will come later. Sorry. Life.

What Happened:

JR Librarian, the Greater Guardian, got voted out.

Jr - 7
Sundoulos, Thatguy, Maxi - 1 each

Shaymin, the townie, hit by mafia
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal Mafi Day III
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 04:40:36 PM »
No killer hit?

Really?  Weird.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 04:41:26 PM »
Hmm very interesting results.
jrlibrarian got voted out and as I said was the greater guardian. Shamin turning up townie might help narrow down who the killer or mafia are.

I wonder if the killer tried to kill someone but was blocked or that person didn't send in a kill.

Can you tell us if the killer was blocked Stratos?

Edit:Looking over the votes of day 2 and the results today show that anybody that voted in day 2 didn't have the bonethief in them.Since the results are the same as what happened in the day 2 vote.
On day 1 there was 3 votes for thatguy however in the results in day 2 show that there was only 2 votes for him.Using Day 2 as a judge of possible bone thief victims that means that anybody that voted do not have the bone thief in them.I'm going to complile a list of possible bone thief victims in a little while.
Oh defender contact me we need to talk.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 06:53:23 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 06:19:48 PM »
Well, you were right, Maxi. Got any more inside information?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »
Awesomely played Maxi! Who's next?

Edit: Eternal "Mafi" Day III could be "Eternal Maxi" I bet! lol
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 06:33:32 PM by Toruresu »
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 06:36:19 PM »
I need to look over the past few days for some things.I'll throw out a vote in a little while.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:56:03 PM »
Edit:Looking over the votes of day 2 and the results today show that anybody that voted in day 2 didn't have the bonethief in them.Since the results are the same as what happened in the day 2 vote.
On day 1 there was 3 votes for thatguy however in the results in day 2 show that there was only 2 votes for him.Using Day 2 as a judge of possible bone thief victims that means that anybody that voted do not have the bone thief in them.I'm going to complile a list of possible bone thief victims in a little while.

Unless the bone thief chose not to subvert the vote...do they have to choose a different person, or can they do it just when it suits their purpose?
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 10:14:41 PM »

Unless the bone thief chose not to subvert the vote...do they have to choose a different person, or can they do it just when it suits their purpose?
Well the bonethief can't bust out of someone. The bonethief  have to be inside the person until the defender use their ability on whoever has been infected. So if the bonethief is in somebody they can only control that person as far as votes go.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »

Well the bonethief can't bust out of someone. The bonethief  have to be inside the person until the defender use their ability on whoever has been infected. So if the bonethief is in somebody they can only control that person as far as votes go.
I'm sorry; I think I stated my question poorly.  To clarify, does the bonethief necessarily have to vote for a different person that the person it's infected?  It could have chosen not to vote differently in order to throw people off, right?  Or am I wrong in that assumption?
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »

I'm sorry; I think I stated my question poorly.  To clarify, does the bonethief necessarily have to vote for a different person that the person it's infected?  It could have chosen not to vote differently in order to throw people off, right?  Or am I wrong in that assumption?

Oh I see now. That is a good question. I am guessing that the bonethief can choose the way they want to vote even if it is the same as the infected person.

I'm not entirely sure so whenever Stratos gets back it would be best to ask him.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:15:45 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 11:09:14 PM »
Okay for now I am going to vote Nickmitch
He has been active on the forum but not much in the main mafia forums. Also PMed him earlier today and he hasn't gotten back to me dispite being online since I sent it.Also he has been hidden.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:59:19 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 11:13:34 PM »
Actually, I'm going to go along with that vote.  Nickmitch came in on day one, supported me, often an influential player, at least, and then went and disappeared.  It's like it was almost a manufactured appearance to make it look like he wasn't doing his traditional mafia style of play, in a sense.

When he was on Maxi's suspicious list, that added to my suspicion. His lack of appearance yesterday added a little more. vote nickmitch

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 11:24:35 PM »
Sorry, guys. My Internet has been really bad lately, so I haven't really been online. Whenever Maxi saw me online, it was probably because I had the forums up when I opened my computer to do some homework.
I promise I'm not mafia. Last time Maxi did this, I was innocent. He's making a mistake again.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 11:27:21 PM »
Nickmitch is always quiet in Mafia. Like, every single time. Do we have anything more than that to go on?

J.P. Corbran

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 11:33:26 PM »
Nickmitch check your PMs!

Normally Nickmitch doesn't even show up for day 1 yet he has been posting since day 1. Something forced him to change his behavior.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 11:45:59 PM »
Normally Nickmitch doesn't even show up for day 1 yet he has been posting since day 1. Something forced him to change his behavior.

Something like ... BEING THE KILLER!  DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!  :Q
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 01:22:57 AM »

If he is the killer he was so quite he forgot to kill.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 01:35:38 AM »

If he is the killer he was so quite he forgot to kill.
There is the possiblity that the killer was blocked.2 roles in the game can prevent kills.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 01:42:46 AM »
There is the possiblity that the killer was blocked.2 roles in the game can prevent kills.

Did we ever get confirmation that the killer was blocked?  Will we? It would be nice to know if he/she went into hidding.

Edit:  Sorry for the double post I guess Maxi already asked this earlier.

If the killer was blocked I'm going to vote Mop It Up
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:34:17 AM by apdude »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 02:16:32 AM »
Nickmitch check your PMs!

Gee, I wonder what could've prompted me to change my behavior? Maybe the fact that no matter what I do I'm being suspicious? Because if I don't post day 1, I'm mafia. But if I do, I'm still mafia! You need to find some better clues to work on than that because it's steered to wrong many times before.

Also, I read your PM, and I'm telling you now, I'm a townie.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 04:22:06 AM »
I was planning to not say anything about it and let people guess. It could have been blocked like some are saying. He could have chosen to not hit again. Lots of things could have happened.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 10:17:36 AM »
That wasn't what I asked Nickmitch in the PM.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 10:23:33 AM »
VOTE PLUGABUGZ

He's too quiet.  He may be hiding something.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:11:51 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 10:45:53 AM »
Stevey has been pretty quiet, too.
For now, I'll vote Plugabugz.  I may change this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:14:35 PM by Sundoulos »

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »
I was planning to not say anything about it and let people guess. It could have been blocked like some are saying. He could have chosen to not hit again. Lots of things could have happened.

So your saying it's a "He"?!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 02:12:04 PM »
So it's tied now, which means the bonethief could easily control the outcome.  We need two more votes in either direction before the end of the day.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 02:26:31 PM »
Since were not getting the killer information I guess I'll have to vote for another...

I'll follow Maxi's lead

Vote thatguy

...hope your right
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:33:17 PM by apdude »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 03:39:10 PM »
Hey guys, I just wanted to give a heads up.  I'm next on the voting queue.  If you're voting strictly with Maxi, vote for me tomorrow, unless he changes his mind.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 03:44:47 PM »
Have a nice afterlife thatguy.

unvote thatguy

God so indecive this game.

Here is my reasoning.I believe the save on day 1 of thatguy was because of the Mafia saving him.I also believe that he would vote for jrlibrarian to look like a townie.I emplore you to vote for thatguy.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:49:09 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 03:45:43 PM »
You do know it's not the next day, right?

And, like I said, Khush explicitly said he was going to save me on Day 1.  If anything the evidence should point that I directly killed Khush as a result of that action.

I voted for jrlibrarian because it was pretty clear you knew he was mafia.  There was no reason to vote for anyone else.

Not that I'm saying I've done anything that hasn't made me look like a townie.  I don't know who has, aside from you and Toruresu, who voted for jrlibrarian even before you did yesterday.  But that's because your townie alliance hasn't exactly been able to motivate voters as much as you might like, isn't it?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »
I changed my mind.

Check earlier post.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:04:38 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 03:55:06 PM »
If the mafia were smart, though, they'd leave their votes as they are right now, then move a vote towards me after the end of the day, making it look like they tried to get me killed.  That's just a recommendation, of course.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 04:11:38 PM »
Well, we don't want that to happen because I still haven't bothered to read the rules of this game and I'm not about to start now.

VOTE THATGUY

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 04:14:05 PM »
I don't like how personal the threads have been the last couple of days. 

But, in this case, I think I will  VOTE THATGUY.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:36:13 PM by Sundoulos »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »
Funny, the two fellows who wouldn't go along with the nickmitch vote are now jumping away from voting plugabugz for no reason, and are now, both simultaneously, just like yesterday, voting for me.  Weird.

Not that it matters.  If there's not enough people voting today to vote out an actual mafia member, then the numbers game gets even worse tomorrow, unless the killer kills a mafia member, or something.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
I have to go to sleep in 20 minutes but vote thatguy.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »
I'm confused. When does this day end and why is everyone voting for thatguy?

J.P. Corbran

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 05:11:12 PM »
I'm confused.

Aren't we all?

When does this day end

Nobody knows except for Stratos.

and why is everyone voting for thatguy?

Because Maxi told us to.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
Stratos never posted it in the first post but if we go by what it says in the signup thread it is suppose to be Noon since today is a weekday. The votes before noon were 3 for Nickmitch and 2 for Plugabugz.

Now I am telling everybody to change to Nickmitch.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 05:13:32 PM »
I'm going based on Maxi's "called shot" yesterday, though I'm hesitant since he was saved the firstday, but I still don't know all the nuances just yet.  I just figure whatever we do it should be decisive so that the Mafia can't influence it to favor themselves.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 05:17:43 PM »
Mafia's not really that fun if everyone's just going to vote for whoever Maxi tells them to vote for.

J.P. Corbran

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 05:21:40 PM »
To be fair, I told Maxi to vote for nickmitch.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »
Mafia's not really that fun if everyone's just going to vote for whoever Maxi tells them to vote for.
I don't see anybody else making suggestions.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »

On one hand, Maxi's the only "confirmed" townie.  On the other hand, based on what he told us, he doesn't have any solid information besides what he already told us about jrlibrarian so whatever he says is pure speculation.

Regardless, like Maxi already said, I don't see anyone else coming up with a better plan.

I trust thatguy about as far as I can throw him.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 05:29:05 PM »
Also PMed him earlier today and he hasn't gotten back to me dispite being online since I sent it.Also he has been hidden.

Okay, this is getting really annoying. I propose we all set ourselves to hidden next game to take away Maxi's ability to stalk the Who's Online page.

Mafia's not really that fun if everyone's just going to vote for whoever Maxi tells them to vote for.l

On one hand, Maxi's the only "confirmed" townie.  On the other hand, based on what he told us, he doesn't have any solid information besides what he already told us about jrlibrarian so whatever he says is pure speculation.

Regardless, like Maxi already said, I don't see anyone else coming up with a better plan.

I guess, but I think that's the problem. If no one except Maxi is thinking about this, then we're screwed; it'll be easy for the mafia to pick us apart.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:32:57 PM by insanolord »

J.P. Corbran

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 05:29:58 PM »
Hey, look!  Vudu and I are score opposites!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2010, 05:33:03 PM »
Also PMed him earlier today and he hasn't gotten back to me dispite being online since I sent it.Also he has been hidden.

Okay, this is getting really annoying. I propose we all set ourselves to hidden next game to take away Maxi's ability to stalk the Who's Online page.
It was stalking the whos online page that got me to go after jrlibrarian.The results were good.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2010, 05:35:59 PM »
Fine.  Last Time.  I VOTE NICKMITCH.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »

It was stalking the whos online page that got me to go after jrlibrarian.The results were good.

The end cannot justify the means.

J.P. Corbran

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2010, 05:38:45 PM »
Since were not getting the killer information I guess I'll have to vote for another...

I'll follow Maxi's lead

Vote thatguy

...hope your right

Just realized I'm undecided now.

Vote Nickmitch

Still undecided...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:41:19 PM by apdude »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2010, 05:47:21 PM »
Vote Nickmitch

Just dropping this here real fast in case the thread closes soon. I'll read over the recent posts and see what's been going on.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2010, 05:49:11 PM »
I guess, but I think that's the problem. If no one except Maxi is thinking about this, then we're screwed; it'll be easy for the mafia to pick us apart.

I fully admit to not paying enough attention to this game.  I'm been busy with other things so I haven't even read the rules yet (although I think I've pieced most of them together just from people talking in the threads).  I hope to have some time tomorrow to try to figure things out.

You have to admit it's hard to get excited about them game when the host doesn't even seem to care.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »
VOTE NICKMITCH

In before the closing of thread.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »
Vote Nickmitch

Just dropping this here real fast in case the thread closes soon. I'll read over the recent posts and see what's been going on.
Good luck. :P   It's sort of frustrating.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2010, 05:58:08 PM »

We need a picture of vudu's avatar holding a gamecube above his head!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2010, 05:59:47 PM »
lol I can only imagine what must be going through your head since this is your first game.

Anyways, after reading the thread I think the Nickmitch vote could be a mistake. But with Stratos online now, there's no time to switch my vote and explain to everyone the reason. Things are looking grim now, but there's nothing I can do.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »
I'm sorry. It seems that all things that could go wrong in real life did once this game started and I am constantly getting pulled away from it.

Work issues, relationship issues, family issues, car issues, sleep issues. It's like once I started the game an assault on my sanity occurred. I'm doing my best in light of it but it is taking it's toll on the game. A thousand apologies to all players.

Also, if I have not locked the thread then it is fair game to keep playing and change votes and such unless one of the other mods jump in and locks it for me (not opposed to that either).

Though I am just going to pretend the sporadic locks are a 'gameplay element' to mimic sanity effects on the players. ;)

Tally:
Nickmitch-6
Thatguy-2
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:23:16 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection