Author Topic: Should Nintendo buy Midway?  (Read 10636 times)

Offline gopher

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Should Nintendo buy Midway?
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2003, 07:15:42 AM »
I want San Francisco Rush back. i have all the rush games on the n64. Rush games are my favorite racing games.    RUSH!!

Offline Dr Synthetic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2003, 08:03:02 AM »
I think it's ludicrous to think that they're not counting pack-ins, Gamefreak.  Case in point:  When do you see used copies of Super Mario Bros without Duck Hunt on the cartridge?  As far as I know (and I'm pretty damn sure I'm right), they NEVER sold the Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt cartridge separate from the NES... if you bought those games outside of the pack-in, you bought either Super Mario Bros or you bought Duck Hunt... separately.  Sure, there are a few copies of Super Mario Bros floating around, but if it sold FORTY MILLION worldwide, we'd be DROWNING in them at the used stores... like we drown in Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt combo cartridges.

Back on topic, though, Midway can screw off.  Nintendo doesn't need them at all.  If they were to buy ANY company, they should buy Capcom.  And that's it.  Midway doesn't fit with Nintendo like Capcom does... I don't even think Midway is a *halfway* decent game company.
I'll show you a trick with ants...

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2003, 08:57:22 AM »
Nah, I don't see Nintendo and Midway being a good fit together.  Call it "corporate culture" or whatever but Nintendo's and Midway's business practices are so radically different that I could see a very significant portion of Midway's employees leaving.  Midway's IPs aren't worth the money it'd take to get them.