NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack To Also Include Otherwise Paid DLC Beginning With AC: New Horizons Pack

<< < (2/5) > >>

Enner:
The balls on this fucking company sometimes. Jeez....

Mop it up:
Pure bonkers.

Mythtendo:

--- Quote from: Enner on October 15, 2021, 12:06:48 PM ---The balls on this fucking company sometimes. Jeez....

--- End quote ---

Yeah, because $4 a month for online service and hundreds of free games to play is a terrible deal.  :rolleyes:

broodwars:

--- Quote from: Mythtendo on October 15, 2021, 07:51:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Enner on October 15, 2021, 12:06:48 PM ---The balls on this fucking company sometimes. Jeez....

--- End quote ---

Yeah, because $4 a month for online service and hundreds of free games to play is a terrible deal.  :rolleyes:

--- End quote ---

"Hundreds", huh? Citation needed. Thankfully, I can provide one: there are 144 games on the service as of this summer.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_Online_games

Now, to address your point: by comparison, Sony charges $5 a month for online service that actually works (yes, I have issues with PSN's quality, too, but it's still in far better shape and is more fully-featured than NSO) and offers 3 games each month that were actually made this decade if they are not completely new altogether. Microsoft charges a similar price for a similar benefit.

Welcome to the big leagues. Nintendo got away with having a historically shitty online service because they only charged either $0 or $20 for the privilege of using it. Now that they want $50 for it, they have to prove it's worth the cost. A handful of N64 and Genesis ROMs most people can get for free and emulate on their potato of a computer these days doesn't cut it. If Nintendo wants people to pay them more money, then they need to make a service worthy of being paid more money.

nickmitch:
Has Nintendo confirmed if other paid DLC would be coming to NSO?  The video made it sound like Animal Crossing was specifically included in the "+ Expansion Pack".

My biggest issue with that, even if they do include future DLC, is that I don't think Nintendo does nearly enough to DLC to justify the extra $30.  I'd imagine Smash Bros would be exempt because of 3rd Party licensing issues, and Pokemon would be exempt because it's Pokemon.  That doesn't leave a lot of titles that Nintendo puts out paid DLC for.  On Switch, there's been BotW, Luigi's Mansion 3, Splatoon 2, FE Three Houses, and Age of Calamity.  I may be forgetting some things but for that money, I wouldn't really feel like I'm getting my money's worth unless there was DLC for a game I was particularly interested in. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version