Author Topic: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Game Over!  (Read 69269 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Round 3!
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2021, 02:34:24 PM »
Bizz Nizz is booming and the Discordtheque is rockin' thanks to their party anthem. All is well in the world of Discord Records.

Meanwhile, Insanolord has been asked to put a show during the halftime of a Cleveland Browns game. Which musical act will he hire to assist him for the performance?

Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
Jimmy Somerville - Read My Lips (Enough is Enough)
Mantronix - Got To Have Your Love
Orbital - Chime
Technotronic - This Beat is Technotronic
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2021, 06:41:02 PM »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2021, 05:16:06 PM »
But the crowd goes wild and it isn't enough for them. They want more from Insanolord so he begins playing at other sporting venues.

Now we come back to Mop it up. What opening act does she want to select for her tour?

Orbital - Chime

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »
Orbital - Chime! Turn that hippie racket off!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2021, 05:04:16 PM »
Apparently jealous at how well the music of Orbital was being received by the crowd in Buffalo, Mop it up decided to start off her set by denigrating their sound and complaining that mixing noises from a computer wasn't true musical and artistic talent like hers. She then went on a rant about the burgeoning electronic music scene which ended up turning the crowd against her.

Upset at the crowd booing her, she then decided to dig in and insult the hometown crowd by telling them how much Buffalo, New York sucked and so did everyone who lived in it. This caused a further frenzy in the crowd as they began to continue throwing whatever they could leading to this moment:

After that touchdown pass, Mop it up wobbled around the stage dizzy and fell into the cannon for a fireworks display meant for the end of the show. The impact of her fall in triggered the machine to go off. It blasted her high into the sky where she ended up sailing out of the Buffalo city limits.

Seeing her blast out of the city, along with the fireworks display, did end up getting a loud cheer from the crowd. In the end, she was still able to win them over like the consummate performer she is. Unfortunately, it just ended up being her last concert. Ask not for whom the bell chimes, it chimes for thee.

Meanwhile, Orbital was so upset about the whole thing they decided to go back to the UK and end their contract with me. Why couldn't they have fallen in the fireworks machine? Then at least I'd have gotten a substantial settlement from insurance! It's always the music agent that suffers.  :(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2021, 05:06:30 PM »
That means that.... oh god... Insanolord gets to choose another bomb word! Hooray.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2021, 06:38:26 PM »
Orbital - Chime! Turn that hippie racket off!

Fun fact about these two choices.  I almost went with Read my Lips but changed it to Chime before submitting my bomb word choice. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2021, 06:45:57 PM »
Sheesh! When did I become the dunce of Safe Words?!

Did you choose this one because no one had picked it yet?

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2021, 07:22:17 PM »
Bummer Mop.  :(
I was gonna pick Chime twice in a row cos it's a real banger, glad I stuck to the partyline instead.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2021, 09:03:23 PM »

I wanted to go with one that was kinda out there and not picked often so eventually someone would have to pick it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2021, 11:57:18 PM »

I mean, you weren't the first one out this game so that's an improvement, right?  :-\  Need to get Lucario back here. He's either first or worst.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2021, 12:35:00 AM »
Bummer Mop.  :(
I was gonna pick Chime twice in a row cos it's a real banger, glad I stuck to the partyline instead.

By the way, we all familiar with Orbital here?

Their second album, Orbital 2 also known as the Brown Album was included in the 1,001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die book series along with their third album, Snivilisation. Personally, I find Snivilisation a mixed bag but Orbital 2 is pretty solid aside from the trivial audio manipulations that bookend the open and close of the album. I also quite enjoy their first album.

I ended up buying a collection of their first 5 albums which encompasses all their work of the 90s. I'd say I'd prefer In Sides (their 4th) a bit more than Snivilization. It helps that the album includes a remix of The Saint theme song which I do enjoy. (On another aside, not a big fan of the Val Kilmer movie but have watched plenty episodes of the TV Show starring Roger Moore.) The 5th album is unfortunately kind of bland which is my feeling about the 6th and 7th although one may find something to like in them. Their 8th album (Wonky) is worth a listen and is probably the best album since their early work. Like Snivilization its got some stuff I do like and some I don't care if I ever hear it again. Still, if you find you like the sound of Orbital then you may want to check out.

And going back to their first album, maybe it is just me but when I heard their song Belfast it triggered memories of David Wise and his classic Forest Interlude from DKC2 but maybe that's just me.

Anyways, enough of the serious stuff. I've got a freshly selected bomb word and a Round 4 that I know you players want to get into!  8)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Round 4!
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2021, 12:37:13 AM »
We now return to that masterful cover artist TOPHATANT123. Which song is he wanting to use in his act this time?

49ers - Don't You Love Me
Bizz Nizz - Don't Miss The Partyline

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2021, 05:52:52 AM »
The concert is in two weeks and you're telling me there's still no opener! This is a disaster, an outright disaster. I don't care who you get, just get someone. Anyone will do. Here, use my contact with Bizz Nizz - Don't Miss The Partyline if you have to.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2021, 11:09:48 AM »
It's not a disaster if you give them the Bizz Nizz. Thanks to TOPHATANT123's swift action, the Catalina Wine Mixer is a big success!

Time to check back in with MASB and see what act I can trick tempt him into hiring this time. Will it be:

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2021, 02:42:10 PM »
I seem to have become the benefit man. Now this shady character with shades, King Gong, wants me to do a benefit for a girl that got hit with a football. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! "Oh. my nose!" indeed! Feels a bit of a step down from helping a hospital. Especially since I'm getting reports of malfeasance about that previous effort.

But I'll give this Gong guy one more chance. I managed to pull in one of the best rock bands ever! Well, actually just Vince Clarke, who was with them for a year. But, hey, a year of greatness is better than none at all! Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2021, 04:22:33 PM »
The crowd gets to Enjoy the Silence, Mop it up gets a moment of silence and I get to enjoy all that moo-lah! With Mop it up dead, there's no one to give the money to so I get to pocket it all and no one is the wiser. After a wild week in Vegas, I seem to be in debt to the mob so I need to get some more cash stat.

Fortunately, BeautifulShy is now touring the malls of the Great Northwest so I'll use that connection to push one of my clients on her and start getting some of the green. I wonder which one she'll take?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2021, 05:45:40 PM »
The crowd gets to Enjoy the Silence, Mop it up gets a moment of silence and I get to enjoy all that moo-lah! With Mop it up dead, there's no one to give the money to so I get to pocket it all and no one is the wiser. After a wild week in Vegas, I seem to be in debt to the mob so I need to get some more cash stat.

Fortunately, BeautifulShy is now touring the malls of the Great Northwest so I'll use that connection to push one of my clients on her and start getting some of the green. I wonder which one she'll take?

Oh so I am Tiffany in the 80s going on mall tours just starting out? Sounds good. I think for my single on this tour will be Mantronix, Got to have your love. 

Fun fact Tiffany remastered her hit from the 80's I think We're Alone Now in 2019.
Here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmeJ2VsCs-0
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2021, 08:36:31 PM »
Well, it turns out that Tiffany also assumed BeautifulShy was trying to the new Tiffany and Tiffany wasn't going to let anyone else out-Tiffany the real Tiffany! The mall tour business was hers and she was not going to have any competition in the mall tour circuit. Tiffany appeared at a BeautifulShy concert to ask,

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" and then proceeded to perform her own set while BeautifulShy was trying to perform hers. This led to a slap-fight with Mantronix in the middle trying to calm things down but instead it escalated as Tiffany fans then began to clash with the BeautifulShy fans leading to an all-out brawl across the mall.

You'd think everybody was kung-fu fighting since it was a little bit frightning.

Even the mall cops peaced out on the shenanigans happening around them.

Eventually, the fight reached the Dick's Sporting Goods store and the fishing aisle where combatants started grabbing the dynamite and throwing it at each other causing major damage to the mall including one explosion that took out Mantronix and sent to Tiffany to the hospital.

In the end, BeautifulShy got sued by all partied for all the damages and bankrupted as well as being blacklisted from the music industry. However, they say that people are still fighting at various malls today all over the world over who had a better mall tour between BeautifulShy and Tiffany so be careful where you park your car the next time you go shopping.

Now That's What I Call... Action!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 08:39:28 PM by "King Gong" Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2021, 08:38:36 PM »
With the elimination of BeautifulShy, that marks the end of Round 4 and the halfway point of this game. The bomb word selection returns to MASB. We now wait for that decision.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Round 5!
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2021, 11:47:26 PM »
Alright! Round 5 is ready to go. MASB said he was trying to send a reply to me but the forum software couldn't find a user with my name. Not sure why it had that problem but if anyone else encounters an issue with sending me a message let me know by posting about it here or elsewhere on the forums. I may have to change my username or just get the selection through Discord.

But enough waiting, Mr. Bungle has been ringing my phone non-stop for the past 24 hours for me to send him a list of what's so hot in the music scene right now for him to collaborate with so here it is, the current creme de la creme:

What fits your style?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2021, 02:23:09 PM »

With our third album California we completed the 3 album deal we had with Warner and also made our most approachable album to date. We dropped a lot of the heavy metal but kept our schizophrenic style of blending disjoint genres, this time dipping into everything from doo-wop to kecak. But the whole feud with the Chili Peppers really came to a head and Warner delayed our album release to distance it from Californication. Next thing we know we are getting dropped from festivals that RHCP was performing at. So we are trying to make up and play nice and we heard that John Frusciante really likes Violator by Depeche Mode. That's the album with Enjoy the Silence right? We asked King Gong if he could connect us with Depeche Mode in hopes that we find some common ground with John and the rest of the band. I really hope Gong doesn't screw this up.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2021, 04:10:53 PM »
Red Hot Chili Peppers? Screw those guys! If there's a heaven, they won't be allowed in it!

You better believe King Gong will come through! Depeche Mode delivers the silence and Californication is never heard of again!

Next up is Discord.RSS. Apparently they need one of my clients for some inter-company project. I better call them back to find out which one they want out of:

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2021, 04:37:39 PM »
What's happening, did all the ladies leave early because we're playing boring slow jamz? How we gonna Pump Up The Jam with just us dudes?
Looks like we'll be having a Boy Dance Party, maybe talk about fitness & 'toids?

Only one option for gym talk: Technotronic! 

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2021, 11:16:46 PM »
What's happening, did all the ladies leave early because we're playing boring slow jamz? How we gonna Pump Up The Jam with just us dudes?
Looks like we'll be having a Boy Dance Party, maybe talk about fitness & 'toids?

Only one option for gym talk: Technotronic! 

Unfortunately, while the beat may be Technotronic, the music producer assigned to the song felt it needed more cowbell.

After several clashes over this desire, Technotronic decided to break the contract and flee the music scene. Undeterred, the executives at Discord Records pushed away with their remixed version feeling they didn't need Technotronic's input. "This Beat Is Technotronic just sounded like a poor rerun of Pump Up The Jam anyways," one executive named Steefosaurus was quoted as saying.

Unfortunately, when the remixed version hit the Discordtheque, it confused the crowd and died.

Suddenly, the Discordtheque was no longer the place to be and music fans started going to a new more hip place. The plummeting ticket sales forced Discord Records to shut down the place. Upon hearing how music fans had left the Discordtheque, music artists didn't want to sign with Discord Records for fear of  having fans dismiss their stuff as out of touch and not totally tubular. With artist now leaving them in droves, Discord Records suddenly found itself bankrupt and was forced to shut down. Soon, the building was demolished to make way for a new Blockbuster video store.

As for Steefosaurus, all anyone knows is that he ended up destitute and telling everyone he met how the beat is most definitely NOT Technotronic!