Poll

Which of these Wii U eShop games would you recommend?

Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
The Quiet Collection
Xeodrifter
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
Zombie Defense
Extreme Exorcism
Toto Temple Deluxe
Human Resource Machine
Runbow
The Swindle
Nova-111
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
Octodad: Deadliest Catch
Gunman Clive HD Collection
Freedom Planet
Devil's Third
Fast Racing Neo

Author Topic: Best of the Wii U eShop (Round 6: 2015 - Part 2)  (Read 2119 times)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Best of the Wii U eShop (Round 6: 2015 - Part 2)
« on: December 27, 2020, 02:18:34 PM »
Background
The Wii U eShop will only be open for a limited time so it is worth looking at the games there while there is still time to buy them. I will be going through the list of eShop games chronologically by release date using Nintendo's Game Store site. I will be skipping over Virtual Console releases for now, but I will cover them at the end. I am also skipping games that were released on disc, unless that disc is not available or prohibitively expensive.
The Games: Round 6 - 2015 - Part 2
This sixth set of games covers the back half of 2015. The following 49 titles are up for discussion with info in the following format:
Title (Developer/Publisher, price, availability on other consoles, Metacritic score (Metacritic Rank on Wii U), NWR review score [link to review])
  • Don't Crash (RCMADIAX, $1.49, Wii U only)
  • Land it Rocket (Petite Games, $2.99, PC)
  • Tiny Galaxy (Arcane Pixel Games, $2.99, Wii U only, 4.5 NWR Review)
  • Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (Choice Provisions, $9.99, 3DS/Vita/PS4, 64, 6 NWR Review)
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis, $14.99, Switch/3DS/Vita/PS4/XB1, 8 NWR Review)
  • The Quiet Collection (Nostatic Software, $4.99, Vita, 64, 8 NWR Review)
  • Xeodrifter (Renegade Kid/Atooi, $9.99, Switch/3DS/Vita/P4/XB1, 8 NWR Review)
  • Astral Breakers (Intropy Games, $4.99, PC)
  • Kung Fu FIGHT! (Nostatic Software, $4.99, 3DS/Vita, 52)
  • Woah Dave! (Choice Provisions, $4.99, 3DS/Vita/PS4)
  • Mortar Melon (Nitrolic Games, $5.99, App Store)
  • FullBlast (EnjoyUp, $5.99, Switch/Vita/PS4/XB1, 59)
  • Runbow (13AM Games, $2.99, Switch/3DS/PS4/XB1, 82 (46th), 9 NWR Review)
  • Pixel Slime U (RCMADIAX, $2.99, Wii U only)
  • Brave Tank Hero (Arc System Works/Natsume, $5.99, 3DS)
  • Gunman Clive HD Collection (Hoberg Productions, $3.39, Switch/PS4, 86 (21st), 9 NWR Review)
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (Toxic Games/Grip Digital, $9.99, PS4/XB1, 68, 8 NWR Review)
  • Funky Physics (Petite Games, $1.99, Wii U only)
  • Explody Bomb (Alketerios Games, $0.99, Wii U only)
  • The Swindle (Dan Marshall/Curve Digital, $14.99, Switch/Vita/PS4/XB1, 72, 7 NWR Review)
  • Defense Dome (HullBreach Studios, $1.49, Wii U only)
  • Zombie Defense (Teyon, $7.99, PC, 75)
  • Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp, $7.99, Switch/PS4/XB1)
  • Extreme Exorcism (Golden Ruby Games, $5.99, PS4/XB1, 79, 8 NWR Review)
  • Beat Buddy (Threaks, $8.99, XB1/App Store, 60)
  • Nova-111 (Carbon/Funktronic Labs/Curve Digital, $9.99, Vita/PS4/XB1, 76, 8 NWR Review)
  • Starwhal (Breakfall, $11.99, PS4/XB1, 66)
  • Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility (Alketerios Games, $1.99, Wii U only)
  • Pumped BMX+ (Carbon/Yeah Us!/Curve Digital, $9.99, Vita/PS4/XB1)
  • Freedom Planet (Galaxy Trail, $14.99, Switch/PS4, 84 (29th), 9 NWR Review)
  • Toto Temple Deluxe (Juicy Beast Studios, $9.99, PS4/XB1, 74, 8.5  NWR Review)
  • VoxelMaker (Nostatic Software, $4.99, 3DS/Vita, 58)
  • Rakoo & Friends (Old Skull/Moving Player, $9.99, Wii U only, 54)
  • Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash (Natsume, $5.99, App Store)
  • Momonga Pinball Adventures (Paladin Studios, $5.99, 57, 6.5 NWR Review)
  • Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Koei Tecmo/Nintendo, $49.99, Wii U only, 67, 8.5 NWR Review)
  • Ascent of Kings (Nostatic Software, $1.99, 3DS/Vita, 54)
  • Human Resource Machine (Tomorrow Corporation, $9.99, Switch, 72, 8 NWR Review)
  • Octodad: Deadliest Catch (Young Horses, $14.99, Switch/Vita/PS4/XB1, 76, 8.5 NWR Review)
  • Electronic Super Joy (Michael Todd/Broken Rules, $7.99, Switch/PS4/XB1, 78)
  • Word Party (Lightwood Studios, $19.99, Wii U only)
  • Test Your Mind (XenoHorizon, $2.99, Wii U only)
  • Typoman (Brainseed Factory, $9.99, Wii U only, 57, 4 NWR Review)
  • Jones on Fire (Silent Future/Joindots, $2.99, App Store)
  • Dinox (Engine Software, $4.99, App Store)
  • Sketch Wars (Wildcard Studios, $4.99, Wii U only)
  • Fast Racing NEO (Shin'en Multimedia, $14.99, Switch, 81 (52nd), 9 NWR Review)
  • Devil's Third (Valhalla Games/Nintendo, $29.99, Wii U only, 43, 3.5 NWR Review)
  • Island Flight Simulator (Caipirinha Games/Silent Future/Joindots, $3.99, Switch/PS4)
Highlights
Break out your shovels for the second half of 2015 as a plethora of titles are dumped into the Wii U eShop. The full list of 49 games is very long, so I only included the better reviewed games in the poll. If you recommend any of the games not in the poll, just post a comment. If you are looking to avoid spending much then you might want to get Explody Bomb for under a buck, though Runbow is on sale for just under $3. If you are curious about the most expensive title then you should check out my pick of the week. There were four indie games that scored a 9 with NWR: Runbow, Gunman Clive (21st best game on Wii U), Freedom Planet, and Fast Racing NEO, though all of these are now available on Switch. The lowest reviewed game is Devil's Third which is included in the list since the disc alone sells for around $90 in the US! If you are interested, this game is likely locked on Wii U and the $30 download is probably the way to go. The cross buy program slowly continues with Xeodrifter and Woah Dave! offering your complimentary 3DS downloads. If you interested in demos, there are only two titles to mention, the aformentioned Runbow and Mr. Bungle's pick of the week Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water. While the game was released on disc on other regions, in the US it was eShop only. This game makes great use of the game-pad and received an 8.5 from NWR. As stated earlier there is a demo to try it out, of course you will need to fork over $50 for the full download as the game never received a price drop. Personally, I think it is worth it as this is one of the crown jewels of the Wii U.
Comments
I welcome any corrections to the information I found when compiling the list. The information here is for the US so let me know about differences in other regions. Not sure what to comment, consider questions like:
  • Will Nintendo ever make another Fatal Frame game?
  • Is Freedom Planet the best Sonic game?
  • How much better is Rock 'N Racing DX than Rock 'N Racing?
  • What do you wear to a Word Party?

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Best of the Wii U eShop (Round 6: 2015 - Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 03:21:43 PM »
Freedom Planet is the best Sonic game.

I have posted this before, but I streamed all of Devils Third in three parts
https://youtu.be/VKDrphC2dQg
https://youtu.be/xWVhWw303eE
https://youtu.be/VpqxLpLCmns