Author Topic: More Bad News For Sony  (Read 20339 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:More Bad News For Sony
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2003, 07:35:16 AM »
But 10+ posts on the very subject of this guy's credibility and identity? We're supposed to be talking about Sony here, not Yuji Miyamoto OR AgentSeven. I don't like his style anymore than you do, cubed, but that doesn't justify the constant bashing he's getting. If you think he's wrong, say so and provide links of your own to back yourself up. Otherwise you're just spamming.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: More Bad News For Sony
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2003, 07:43:04 AM »
Like I said.  I don't care.  He can tell me all the faulty information he wants.  If he doesn't have links or just says it's "classified" I won't believe him.  Simple.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2003, 07:46:19 AM »
Well, the act of "not believing" generally doesn't invole posting, either. My point is, let's get this topic OFF the subject of bashing Yuji and ON the subject of Sony. If you don't believe Yuji, you can say so and part ways.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2003, 09:23:20 AM »
/me still waiting for links...

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2003, 10:14:18 AM »
I don't believe Yuji.

Offline Yuji Miyamoto

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2003, 01:08:48 PM »
Did anyone here actually read anything from this thread?  Seriously.  I have put at least a HALF DOZEN links in this thread.

Also, Agent Seven was a character that someone was playing, not a real personality.  Sort of like a cartoon villain....We spoke on many occasions and I support his cause entirely.  There needs to be more hardcore Nintendo fans who are not affraid to say the things that piss people off.

Lastly, the real point of this thread was to do what people like Canuck are doing all the time.  And that is to post a "Doom" thread about another system and then to see who responded.  Just as I expected, cannuck was the first to say the thread was BS.  Even though I am sure he never followed the link and actually read the article, which PROVES my claim.  Also, he's the one who posts the same EXACT style "Doom" threads about Nintendo all the freakin time.  Isn't it funny to see how he responded....

Anyway for all of the slow witted folks out there.(Like you manuited)  Here are the links that I have supplied multiple times in this thread.  I now some of you kids are not exactly eduacated, but why don't you actually READ the articles in the links before you say "I don't believe you."  

HERE'S THE LINKS:

http://www.gamespydaily.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=5423

Here's the article about sony's recent financial loses. Quite substantial losses indeed.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/business/cst-fin-sony21.html

Here's a link to doozy of an article that talks about how sony is cutting 20,000 jobs. It also mentions that sony's biggest comeptitors are quickly gaining ground.

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/news/editorial/6159813.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

Here is an article from earlier in the year concerning sony's failure in the mobile phone business.

I can provide many, many more if you wish....

I'm not a doctor but I play one on t.v.

Offline ClockworkTomato

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2003, 01:35:38 PM »
Great links!  Really informative stuff.

As for AgentSeven, I always got the joke.  In fact, I liked how he deliberately pissed people off.  There is a need for this, especially among the ultra-ignorant "playstation generation."  These are the kids who think sony invented video games.  These are also the same numb-nuts who think sony will always be number one! LMAO!!!!!

great stuff man, whoever you are...
I guess I should be banned...

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2003, 01:44:38 PM »
Bah, screw it, he is AgentSeven

Offline ClockworkTomato

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2003, 01:50:02 PM »
oh mouse, you seem like such a fool.  read the articles.  Sony IS in BIG trouble and you just cant take it.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2003, 01:56:09 PM »
Wha-wha-wha-what??? Find me one post I have in this thread where I say Sony is not in trouble? I just hated AgentSeven, that's all, and Yuji here appears to be the same guy, at least the same type of guy.

And so are you- AgentSeven once claimed I hated Nintendo and was a Sony fanboy. Geese, you'd think some people would reserve judgement until they got to know the person.

Offline ClockworkTomato

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2003, 02:09:13 PM »
im sorry mouse, but it seems like you are all so hung up on the agent, when clearly, as the other guys said, agent seven was a character somebody was playing.  a cartoon villian who tried deliberately to piss people off.  probably to make them feel passionately about video games.  maybe he was trying to rally the hardcore nintendo fans.  or maybe he just wanted to anger all of the negative, gloomy kids who think nintendo is doomed.  maybe he just hated sony.  heck, id even be he worked for nintendo, who knows.  he did seem to know a lot.

still this is besides the point.  the real point is that there is substantial proof that sony is in trouble and if you ask me, things will only get worse for them.

Here's a link that I found about the subject.

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6077227.html

add this to the 5 or 6 links that Yuji Miyamoto posted and you start to see the big picture here. sony is in real trouble.  this can only be good for nintendo.

peace

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2003, 02:13:15 PM »
I think Yuji Miyamoto is saying that about Agent to cover his back. I still hate AgentSeven, as do many other people, and that's the point. I do realize Sony is in trouble- PS2 sales are down, they have job cuts, etc, etc, and while Nintendo is not without problems of their own, they definitely stand to gain from this.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2003, 02:25:21 PM »
Wow, could you please post the same article over and over and over and over again please?  I never disagreed about Sony being in the pooper with profits, they have been for the last 15 years, all I asked for was one shred of proof about the PSP being in a pile of poop, and you haven't provided one.

Offline ClockworkTomato

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2003, 02:30:52 PM »
didn't miyamoto, and I don't mean Yuji, say something in an EGM article recently about the suppossed psp manufacturing troubles?  can anyone post that article?  being asian, i know how the japanese can be.  Miyamoto was being coy, he KNOWS there is a problem, but he wont come right out and say it.

i dont think that YM said anything about the psp being a pile of junk, just that it was having "production difficulties."  

as for the agent, i am one of his many fans.  i also know for a fact that he recieved actuall fan mail from people in this forum telling him how happy they were to finally have a hardcore nintendo fan on the scene.  i totally agree.  we need more die hard nintendo fans, not doom-sayers. as for you mouse, im sure he didnt hate you,  it just seemed like he loved to get you angry.  

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2003, 02:34:28 PM »
Hardcore N fan or not, if he enjoys making people angry, I don't like him.  That's why he was banned.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2003, 02:39:11 PM »
And I know for a fact that AgentSeven was voted "Most glad to be rid of" in the PGC Forum User Awards. As for fan mail, I don't have any respect for anyone that sent him fan mail. Honestly, anyone that supported him must be just as messed up.

Offline ClockworkTomato

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2003, 02:47:19 PM »
im sure he'd consider that an honor.  i think getting banned deliberately was one of his goals.

boy mouse, you are so full of hatred and self-righteousness.  who are you to tell people how to think?  mouse your'e so whiny and opinionated that many of the things you say piss me off on a regualr basis.  i wouldn't mind if you were banned as well.  you always seem to be online.  dont you ever actually play games?

To get this topic back on track.  does anyone have the EGM article where Shigeru Miyamoto hints at the psp having production problems?  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2003, 03:01:10 PM »
Self righteousness, that's funny, you described your little pal Agent perfectly- I was actually defending Yuji. AgentSeven was not a "character", he was a very real @$$hole. To him Nintendo could do no wrong and Sony was the root of everything evil in this world- he was banned because he all he did was bash Sony whenever he got the chance. And it's no surprise I piss you off because you piss me off, as does Yuji and Agent. As for playing games I just beat Rebel Strike today, as well as built a few maps in Age of Empires 2 and completed a compaign I've been working on. Can you say the same?

Me? Banned? Does anyone else share the same sentiment?  

Offline Yuji Miyamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2003, 03:15:00 PM »
wow, mouse you are really stuck on yourself.  people like you make this place a complete waste of time.

as for agent, his whole "nintendo rules and sony sucks" bit was exactly that, an act!  am i the only one smart enough to see that.  i thought he was fun.  mainly because he made self-righteous computer nerds angry.  it was great.

Mouse, you act the same way agent seven did.  You are always right and everyone else is wrong.  you always have to have the last word.  why dont you lay off Clockwork and quit swearing?

ClockworkT. I read that same article.  You are right.  It did seem like Miyamoto was being "coy."
Like he knew something bad about the PSP, but wasn't saying.  
I'm not a doctor but I play one on t.v.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2003, 03:15:43 PM »

Can't you guys just get along?  Two hard-headed people who just won't let the argument die...If Yuji/Agent/Undisclosed/etc wants to post articles on the possible demise of Sony, then let him...It's not hurting anyone.  Now stop the flaming, and stick on topic...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ClockworkTomato

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2003, 03:27:31 PM »
Bill is right.  What the heck did I do?  I put up one post defending someone and I get called a curse word?

As for games, I just beat Viewtiful Joe on the hard level and I'm about half way through with F-Zero.  

Back on topic, does anyone have a subscription to Electronic Gaming Monthly?  The article where Miyamoto mentions the Psp was in an issue a couple of months back.  It was fairly recent.  If you have any back issues, please check.  It was only an off handed remark like "you'd think they (sony) were having some sort of problem."  meaning a problem with the psp.  It was very coy and he did act like he knew something more, but he wasn't going to come right out and say it.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2003, 03:29:30 PM »
I don't have anything to add to thesubject, but let me tell you this, Yuji- Agent was NOT putting on an act. That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard, save for the claim that he deliberately got himself banned. AgentSeven was an idiot who had what he got coming to him from the very beginning. It's not that I'm always right, which I'm not- I make mistakes all the time- it's that I loath and despise the scum of the earth like AgentSeven and his "followers". Yuji, I was defending you because I thought you had taken enough crap- I thought Agent had had more than enough crap, even if I did hate him, and I didn't think that anyone deserved that. If I had known what I did earlier in the thread would have blown up in my face I wouldn't have posted at all. I'm sorry if I "offended" you, or Clockwork- what had originally started out as me trying to keep you from getting bashed turned into me getting bashed myself- oh the irony.

BTW, clockwork, I called AgentSeven an @$$hole, not you. Read my post again.  

Offline southerbill

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2003, 03:33:12 PM »
Hey, I am mouse's biggest fan! I just now registered, but I have been reading his posts for a long time and he is probablly one of the coolest guys I have ever read! Weeee.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2003, 03:33:53 PM »
lol its tag team on mouse....

hickoryu dickory dock the mouse fought with the clock...and then i said people go on and on...goes back to end of humanity thread.....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2003, 03:38:43 PM »
Quit with the jolly doggerel and get them to stop!

*hits mouse_clicker with rolled-up newspaper*
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~