Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 679015 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA Thread: Congrats to the Warriors on winning the 2018-19 NBA Finals
« Reply #775 on: February 01, 2019, 08:45:00 PM »
This is an example of the Knicks clearing enough Cap Space to get 2 new Max Deals in the summer.

Speculation is they may have heads up that 2 big names already want to go there, and are indeed planning on coming.
that same speculation states Durant and Kyrie.

My question in all of this is simple.

People have seen what the Knicks Front Office has done the last decade. Knowing that, why would you join them?

EDIT: Or the Knicks are just straight up tampering and already know KD is going to sign with them. Literally the only way this trade makes any sense.

That's the speculation.
Should they both announce, I'm sure there will be an investigation of some sort.

Durant already quiet on his future plans, although he seems to have made up with Dray and the Dubs and genuinely seems to be happy.

Kyrie already stating to ask him on July 1st....

neither of them seem particularly committed to the current situations. Kyrie less so than Durant

But then again.... the Knicks will be the Knicks, so what Tier 2 or 3 level stars are they gonna overpay when they didn't get the names everyone has been predicting would go there?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 01, 2019, 11:23:38 PM »
#Defense.

There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 02, 2019, 08:32:07 AM »
With so much drama in the NBA
everyone forgot about Superbowl Sunday
somehow, someway, players in the NBA
come up with on and off the court as drama, every.single.day

Anthony Davis' dad on a potential trade to Boston....

Rudy Gobert gets all emotional on camera about NOT getting an All-Star selection regardless of stats for the season....
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1091406136182484993

Rudy Gobert Stats.... https://i.imgur.com/I9ClPHv.jpg

So Draymond and IT both make harsh comments on it

*except Dray probably should cry, as his play not being good enough for AS, or DPOY may also cost him All NBA, which means he may not be eligible for that SUPERMAX he was hoping for (not that he was gonna get it)

and then to pour even more salt in Gobert's open wound, D'Angelo Russel makes All-Star Reserve due to Oladipo injury

D'Angelo Russel

and all that follows up the AD demanding a Trade, preferably to LA
and the Knicks suddenly pulling off a trade for Porzingis w/ the Mavs in about 5 minutes and almost totally under the radar.
Everyone suspects some sort of tampering to make that deal make any sense.... (KD & Kyrie already agreeing to make the move) especially after they last time they did this almost exact same scenario 9(?) years ago.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:34:07 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 05, 2019, 04:05:45 PM »
John Wall's Achilles just exploded when he slipped in his house.

His supermax contract begins next season.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 05, 2019, 05:04:39 PM »
So, I haven't payed attention to NBA since 2006-2007. I'm a fair weather Suns fan. What teams are good now? I know the Golden State Warriors are good, the clippers were good, but who's worth paying attention to now?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #780 on: February 05, 2019, 07:17:37 PM »
That’s pretty much it.

That James kid from Ohio is having a solid career though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 06, 2019, 12:21:56 AM »
The Lakers are purposely sabotaging their season giving away all their players and two first round picks to NOLA and Dell Demps is acting like an idiot asking for 6-8 draft picks.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 06, 2019, 08:23:35 AM »
The Lakers reportedly pulled out of trade negotiations with the Pelicans. Pulling out of trade negotiations is apparently part of trade negotiations as the Lakers are awaiting a counteroffer apart from the Pelicans asking for eight draft picks. Danny Ainge also requested the Pelicans wait for their offer this summer. Why anyone would even consider dealing with Ainge after he fleeced two franchises is beyond me. The whole thing is a clusterfuck. I’m glad the Lakers didn’t trade everyone (so far). Whichever team ends up with Anthony Davis is going to win that trade. The sooner the Pelicans admit that to themselves the better.

In other news, the Sixers landed Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, and Mike Scott from the Clippers in exchange for Wilson Chandler, Landry Shamet, Mike Muscala, Philadelphia’s 2020 first-round pick, Miami’s unprotected 2021 first-round pick, and two second-round picks. Both teams make out pretty well here. The Clippers probably weren’t keeping Harris if they’re trying to sign two max free agents this summer. The Sixers improve their roster to make a run at a title this year.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 06, 2019, 08:35:56 PM »
Danny Ainge also requested the Pelicans wait for their offer this summer. Why anyone would even consider dealing with Ainge after he fleeced two franchises is beyond me.

Also, players saw what they did to Isaiah Thomas. Ainge is delusional if he thinks he's going to get more than a glorified rental from AD.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 07, 2019, 02:00:25 AM »
I hadn't realized it, but apparently tonight was the 1st night KD spoke to the press post game since the Porzingis trade. The Press asked him if it was related.... KD wasn't having it.

We all know it's rumored he was moving on to the Knicks with Kyrie, but KD was all up in his feeling tonight on the podium. Probably won't see him address the press post game again till it's contractually obligated to make that appearance again.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 07, 2019, 10:57:06 AM »
LeBron steaming mad at the way Dallas handled the Harrison Barnes trade.

The concept of players owing any loyalty to their team is dying as we speak. I like it.

EDIT: Also this, https://deadspin.com/report-the-pelicans-invented-a-new-kind-of-tampering-a-1832415741

Like, ok. Great petty move, Dell. People still love LA and will still want to join the Lakers. I get that you want enact some sort of revenge against the franchise but ultimately this looks worse on NOLA and already sabotages was is a non-existent free agent destination.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:02:57 AM by Soren »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 07, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »

The concept of players owing any loyalty to their team is dying as we speak. I like it.

They traded the dude mid-game. I wasn't watching, but damn, that's cold. I think he left during the game, shed his jersey and couldn't have been too happy as he left the arena. The only goodt think for him is he could potentially be playoff bound this season on what is a pretty decent and fun to watch team... but what sucks is that NEXT SEASON it's Doncic and Porzingis on the Mavs. The potential.... :/

EDIT: Also this, https://deadspin.com/report-the-pelicans-invented-a-new-kind-of-tampering-a-1832415741

Like, ok. Great petty move, Dell. People still love LA and will still want to join the Lakers. I get that you want enact some sort of revenge against the franchise but ultimately this looks worse on NOLA and already sabotages was is a non-existent free agent destination.

The Lakers are gonna be devastated till atleast until after the All-Star break. but if they don't get it together, and now, they just might put themselves out of a late playoff contention. And they don't exactly have the easiest schedule going forward.
You see the separation on the bench during the last game. LMAO
Lebron may be wishing he took that Philly spot instead. LOL

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 07, 2019, 01:03:16 PM »
LeBron James being separated from the team on the bench is hilarious out of context. The players who were sitting there were checking into the game.

If the Lakers don’t get Davis by 3:00 PM, not making the playoffs is for the best. I’d rather get a better draft pick than watch them get dismantled by the Warriors or Nuggets (probably the Warriors). I won’t root against them though.

Anyway, Dell Demps is fucked either way. He might as well get revenge on both the Lakers and Pelicans on his way out the door.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 07, 2019, 03:32:49 PM »
In the span of 4 days, Nik Stauskas and Wade Baldwin have been packaged together in trades and dealt:

- From Portland
- To Cleveland
- To Houston
- To Indiana
- and finally to free agency because the Pacers are waving them both just hours after giving up a 2nd Round pick for them.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 07, 2019, 06:09:08 PM »
The Jazz tried to get Mike Conley from the Grizzlies, but it looks like that trade fell through so the Jazz will go yet another trade deadline with basically the same team. At least we got Korver earlier in the year.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #790 on: February 07, 2019, 09:05:00 PM »

They traded the dude mid-game. I wasn't watching, but damn, that's cold. I think he left during the game, shed his jersey and couldn't have been too happy as he left the arena.

LMAO. That's hilarious.

The Lakers are gonna be devastated till atleast until after the All-Star break. but if they don't get it together, and now, they just might put themselves out of a late playoff contention. And they don't exactly have the easiest schedule going forward.
You see the separation on the bench during the last game. LMAO
Lebron may be wishing he took that Philly spot instead. LOL

I think the plan to mess with the Lakers is working.  Lavar Ball was on TV today saying LeBron wouldn't win a title without Lonzo after saying he prefered Lonzo be traded to Phoenix (iirc).  At the very least, their biggest distraction is back in the picture.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 07, 2019, 10:40:50 PM »
The Lakers just beat the Celtics after being down 18 points in the first half. They set a franchise high for three pointers made (22). So, right now, Demps’ trolling worked for one game.

I wish everyone would stop giving Lavar Ball a platform.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 08, 2019, 12:16:57 AM »
The Lakers just beat the Celtics after being down 18 points in the first half. They set a franchise high for three pointers made (22). So, right now, Demps’ trolling worked for one game.

I wish everyone would stop giving Lavar Ball a platform.

They had a 42pt 3rd Qtr.... impressive.
LeBron must've given a helluva pep talk about how he ain't gonna miss the playoffs, even if he gets bounced in the 1st round by the Warriors. LOL

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 08, 2019, 08:29:10 AM »
Rajon Rondo hitting the game winner in Boston with his son there was pretty cool too.
Link: https://youtu.be/j12ssLXL_rQ

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 10, 2019, 02:35:22 PM »
For some reason, this play didn't make yesterday's highlight reels, but here's Mitchell passing the ball to Golbert off the backboard for a dunk in yesterday's Jazz-Spurs game:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1094368312593604608

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 10, 2019, 03:48:56 PM »
For some reason, this play didn't make yesterday's highlight reels, but here's Mitchell passing the ball to Golbert off the backboard for a dunk in yesterday's Jazz-Spurs game:

Did he get counted for an assist?
It looks like he wasn't attempting to make it considering he didn't throw it like it was supposed to hopefully be close to going in.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 10, 2019, 04:15:55 PM »

Did he get counted for an assist?
It looks like he wasn't attempting to make it considering he didn't throw it like it was supposed to hopefully be close to going in.

I'm pretty sure it was counted as a missed shot, rebound, & dunk despite it being obvious that he wasn't even trying to lay it in.

Offline Soren

• View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 15, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1096452173532196864

Was it worth it, Dell?

and the fact that AD is hurt again.
It was a lightweight Curse of Team Lebron this year again.

1st Kyrie with the knee sprain (not serious)
then Klay with the finger sprain/dislocation (not that serious)
now AD with the shoulder injury

Pels thinking, damn.... we shoulda traded his injury proned ass and crippled the Lakers for years to come (as they literally would've had to fill their roster with buyouts and G-leaguers)

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 15, 2019, 05:59:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1096452173532196864

Was it worth it, Dell?

and the fact that AD is hurt again.
It was a lightweight Curse of Team Lebron this year again.

1st Kyrie with the knee sprain (not serious)
then Klay with the finger sprain/dislocation (not that serious)
now AD with the shoulder injury

Pels thinking, damn.... we shoulda traded his injury proned ass and crippled the Lakers for years to come (as they literally would've had to fill their roster with buyouts and G-leaguers)

Davis being hurt is on the NBA for forcing the Pelicans to play him, which goes against the NBA's precedent.

From what I hear, Dell's firing has to do with a lot of other things besides the Davis situation.