Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674419 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA Thread: Congrats to the Warriors on winning the 2018-19 NBA Finals
« Reply #700 on: November 08, 2018, 12:08:17 PM »
He's angling for a back-up/replacement All-Star Rose though.

He was soooo close to a game winner 3 too.
Lebron should be ashamed. If it wasn't for Tyson Chandler, Lakers take another L.

Laker MVP McGee has to be sweating a little rn.

tonights game to watch is now Warriors vs Bucks
should be a really fun one to watch for at least 3+ quarters.

and I was just listening to NBA Radio, and they brought up the All-Star game.....
Top Vote getter in the West vs Top Vote getter in the East as team leads
and how the All-Star team picking will be Televised this year.

They bring up how Kawhi might get a Team Capt. role.... and what that would mean for TV Drama (or lack thereof, due to lack of outward personality)

They also brought up how they feel like Lebron may not be expecting to win, because he understands that the Wild West is Warrior Country, so it'll likely be Curry or Durant battling for Team Capt. duties.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:12:47 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 08, 2018, 10:12:51 PM »
The Rockets are getting worked. Defensive coordinator, Jeff Bzdelik, returns after Thanksgiving. They need him.

The Celtics are down by 20 points at halftime...................... to the Suns.

I didnā€™t realize Bucks vs. Warriors is in Oakland tonight. Yeah, Warriors are totally winning that game. Semi-related, I recently saw the Warriors logo from 1997 to 2010 for the first time in a while. Yikes, that logo is trash. Really glad they went back to using the Bay Bridge. Itā€™s a nice, simple logo. I like it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:39:45 PM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 09, 2018, 02:26:25 AM »
Warriors got ran out they own building tonight....

Curry and Durant were both trash tonight.
Draymond was out on injury, and he was very missed for this game.
McKinney was shooting poorly
and the Refs were the Bucks 6th man from early on in this one.... even later on when the Bucks were up by 20something the whistle just kept blowing for trivial BS against the Dubs.
Sucked the momentum out the game right from the get-go. Got Curry in foul trouble early in the 1st quarter, and wouldn't let the game flow. Dubs seemed to never really get into a rhythm after that....

Curry even left with a minor groin strain in the 3rd.... hopefully he comes back full strength game after next. Along w/ Dray and Livingston.

But as they say.... on to the next one.
We had a bad game, the Bucks had a pretty good game
and the Refs were disrupting the flow of the game, mostly to the favor of the Bucks.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:35:07 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 09, 2018, 07:55:04 AM »
Good thing Iā€™m not a betting man. Sheesh.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 11, 2018, 12:29:21 AM »
Can't wait for Jimmy Butler to completely destroy whatever is left of Markelle Fultz's sense of worth.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 12, 2018, 07:42:07 PM »
I thought i posted something regarding Butler and Fultz earlier.... i must've never hit send :/
I'll edit it in later when i get home, but for now, Warriors Fundraising @ Oracle

How badly do Golden State Warriors fans want to just get into the building for a home game?

We'll soon find out. The team sent an email to its fans on Monday offering a monthly "In The Building Pass." The pass simply gets a fan into the team's Oracle Arena for every home game for $100 a month.

The mobile pass does not include a seat, and with no access to the seating bowl, doesn't even include a view of the court itself. The team says fans who purchase the pass will have access to the arena's bars and restaurants and can watch on the televisions in the club areas.
4-5 All-star Roster is getting a little expensive.... selling seats at the bar and concession stands in the building now.
And i bet it sells out.  LOL
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:42:25 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #706 on: November 12, 2018, 07:59:41 PM »
No view of the court? That's just an expensive cover charge. Still might be worth it, if you get the free t-shirts they give out during the playoffs.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #707 on: November 12, 2018, 08:02:17 PM »
And so the best team in basketball takes clues from one of hockey's biggest tire fires.

Although given that it's US$100 and for REGULAR SEASON games, I'd say Golden State said "hold my beer".
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 12, 2018, 10:41:55 PM »
(here is the post I never hit send on earlier.....)
Can't wait for Jimmy Butler to completely destroy whatever is left of Markelle Fultz's sense of worth.

Or somehow Butler gets Fultz to get over his "yips" and actually start playing like why he was drafted in the first place.

Gonna be interesting either way.
But they did give up shooters to get Butler on the squad. The could probably use another shooter like Korver, should the Cavs release him like they said they would when they signed him up.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 12, 2018, 10:46:35 PM »
No view of the court? That's just an expensive cover charge. Still might be worth it, if you get the free t-shirts they give out during the playoffs.
And so the best team in basketball takes clues from one of hockey's biggest tire fires.

Although given that it's US$100 and for REGULAR SEASON games, I'd say Golden State said "hold my beer".

As pointed out, it's unlimited home games for the month and only for REGULAR SEASON games.
I imagine if regular season goes well.... $300 Playoff pass? $750 Finals pass?

Gonna need every scent to pay Klay's "Luxury Tax" resigning over the summer.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 12, 2018, 10:48:15 PM »
II really hate the NBA Scheduler sometimes. The Jazz faced the Grizzlies for the 3rd time tonight on the road, and this time they finally came away with a win. Sheesh.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 12, 2018, 11:21:14 PM »
II really hate the NBA Scheduler sometimes. The Jazz faced the Grizzlies for the 3rd time tonight on the road, and this time they finally came away with a win. Sheesh.
Barely 1 month in? Already faced a single team 3x? it's game 12-14 for everyone...

On the other hand, Caris Levert from the Nets broke his ankle tonight.
Not quite as graphic as Hayward in Gm1 last year, but you'll see him roll his ankle with his foot to the inside... it never straightened out again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCYBZqZ0uw
slo-mo replay at about the :26 second mark.

edit: speaking of Fultz earlier.... WTF is wrong with this cat?
I'm hearing it's mental, but he supposedly don't work with his shooting coach anymore since weeks ago, and now his shot seems to have regressed?

check his free throw shot....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7DeaV0Osrs

and then here he has a wierd "twitch"?
https://twitter.com/Dcorrigan50/status/1061771931173732354
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:31:19 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 13, 2018, 11:34:08 AM »
The Lakers are about to play the Blazers for the third time tomorrow night. Itā€™ll be their 14th game of the season. They wonā€™t play the Blazers again until the last game of the year.

I have a hard time watching videos of players getting injured. I think the last one I saw was Kris Dunn landing on his face last year. I try to avoid seeing that stuff.

No idea whatā€™s going on with Markelle Fultz. I feel bad because he was such a good prospect. How does someone just forget how to shoot?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 13, 2018, 02:45:28 PM »
Fultz has to be more than just a mental thing.... shooting should be like riding a bike. It's a muscle memory motion. Your shot may not be pretty, but it's yours. Fultz has to have some sort of nerve disorder or something preventing him from doing a normal motion without concentrating on it.

There is something really wrong here, and I think he needs to take time to find real actual unbiased help. Or maybe Jimmy Buckets slaps him straight again. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

and I dont' know how legit this is, but D. Rose may have that hoodoo voodoo doll magic this season. He's been on the court during some of the last few bad injuries.
He was on the court during Hayward and LeVert and there was another one I can't remember of the top of my head. and then all of sudden, he's having a "All-Star" reserve quality season, hitting some personal best in points and 3ptrs.
I see you D. Rose.
better keep that **** away from the Dubs.

and I can't not comment on last night....
WTF is you doing Dray!!!?
Give KD the ball in a tie game situation with 5 seconds on the clock and not planning to call a timeout. why would you dribble it out, fumble the ball and turn it over sending us into OT w/o even getting a shot off!?
You literally sniped the rebound from KD who was standing right there, and then did nothing of value. Why....!?

can't wait till Curry comes back on Thursday.
Warriors just aint the same w/o Curry on the court. His Gravitation Force is sorely missed, even if he isn't scoring.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 13, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »
The Warriors suspended Green for one game due to ā€œconduct detrimental to the teamā€ AKA arguing with Kevin Durant when heā€™s a free agent next summer.

After the loss, the entire team was probably like, ā€œSrsly, bruh,ā€ and Draymond gonna Draymond so he argued back.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 14, 2018, 01:20:11 AM »
The Warriors suspended Green for one game due to ā€œconduct detrimental to the teamā€ AKA arguing with Kevin Durant when heā€™s a free agent next summer.

After the loss, the entire team was probably like, ā€œSrsly, bruh,ā€ and Draymond gonna Draymond so he argued back.

Unnecessary #DRAMA and very bad form on Draymond.
If you gonna put some bullshit like that on display, cost us a game, and a potential championship, 1 month into the season.... it's gonna cost you something too.

$125k lost (aka not made tonight) for being suspended for a game.

This **** wouldn't've (can I double compound? lol) happened if Curry was on the court.
I don't know why Dray started acting like selfish punk, but he crossed a line by not only making it public, but making it personal.
Ownership got the whole rest of the season to think about, upcoming contracts, free-agency, and a brand new super expensive stadium almost completed in SF.
We aint got time to stop the money train right because Dray gotta get all up in his feelings and now Durant want to be all sensitive.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 14, 2018, 10:19:35 AM »
Draymond Green Accused Kevin Durant Of Making Season About His Free Agency
Green then accused Durant of making the whole season about him even though he might leave in free agency in 2019. Green aired his frustrations with how Durant has kept his free agency story alive throughout the season.

Green also called Durant a "bitch" multiple times, which is what prompted management to take action.
ā€œWith what was said, there is already no way Durant is coming back,ā€ one player said. ā€œThe only hope is that they can say this summer, ā€˜See, KD. Weā€™ve got your back. We protected you from Draymond.ā€™ ā€
****, I was just joking about the free agency thing earlier. Apparently, that was right on the money. When I try to make serious analysis, Iā€™m way off. Iā€™m bad at basketball hot takes.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 14, 2018, 01:10:16 PM »
Draymond is (rightfully) worried because he's the 4th guy in that team, with a skill-set that doesn't age well given his body. He'll be 29 years old this summer and looking at a pretty big (and long) contract. GS will do everything in their power to keep Durant and Klay first and foremost, and given that Klay seems like the dude most willing to take a paycut to keep the group together it makes perfect sense for this season to be about Durant's free agency. Everyone knows it.

It sucks for Draymond, but does he really want to sabotage the season for that?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 14, 2018, 03:17:56 PM »
It's sad to see even a crack in the Golden State Dynasty, but it's even worse that it's a crack from the inside.

Dray needs to play better at the long game. Durant isn't making this about his Free-Agency. He hasn't said anything publicly about it from what I've seen. He's been signing 1and1's for freedom of contract negotiations to keep making the numbers work.

We all know Klay don't want to go nowhere. His dad already talked to him about the blessing of a situation he has found himself in and how no few extra millions a year is ever gonna be enough to walk away from a situation this good while it's this good. It's not fun getting paid more on a losing team, especially when you already know what you're missing. GSW right now is History in the making. For Dray to blow up about that ****, and publicly, especially when he was being scolded by a fellow player for a bad call (as he himself would do to every other player, coach, staff, etc etc), and then respond about making it a personal beef is just sad.
Can dish it but can't take it, and then had to go personal because he knew he fucked up.

Dray is known for making plays, but in that situation, tie game, 5 seconds left in regulation, you aren't looking for a hot pass, you are looking for the main scorer (or 2) to have the ball and create a shot. Or at the very least someone to get off a damn shot.
Now had Dray actually managed to make a pass, with 1 second on the clock.... and Looney had had to get it off on time.... and it happen to actually go in... then none of this matters, but that's not what happened.
Dray was in the wrong, and 10 out of 10 times, in that specific situation, the ball should have gone directly into Durants hands.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #719 on: November 14, 2018, 04:03:29 PM »
I'm just going to say I am pleased that the Lakers are above 500 for the first time in 2 years. On the defensive side things have been improving and things are even better with Chandler providing rebounding and defensive presence.  Rebounding was one of the areas where the Lakers needed help and get out their fast break offense. Also JaVale can run a bit and with his help defense and his blocks it helps things. Pace is very solid but they need to improve their half court sets on offense a bit.  I will say that Lakers are 3-0 since signing Chandler. He might have been the missing piece.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 28, 2018, 01:58:42 AM »
Harden making the record book list with another impressive Triple Double in a LOSS to the Wizards
his 10th 50+ point game put him on this list, but his statline of 54pts, 13 Ast, 11 TO is NOT the triple double you're trying to have.

and my Wounded Warriors gotta face the Raps on Thursday... I hope at least Draymond is back.
We can't lose this one.... especially in a blow out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 28, 2018, 09:34:49 AM »
Iā€™m shocked Kareem Abdul-Jabbar only has 10 considering heā€™s the all-time leading scorer.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 29, 2018, 08:20:48 AM »
The Jazz have traded Alec Burks & 2 second round draft picks to get Kyle Korver back.

Good. This season has been abysmal so far.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/11/28/18117006/kyle-korver-utah-jazz-cleveland-cavaliers
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 30, 2018, 01:17:35 PM »
The Wounded Warriors almost snuck out a win on Toronto last night, and to me that is a victory, even if an L in th season record box.

We didn't have Draymond, who would have made a couple extra defensive stops that would've been the difference maker.

Not to mention Curry, who always has good games in Toronto.
Talk show host want to pump "Preview of the Finals!? Toronto better hope not, because if KD could drop 51, and Klay could still get his, and just imagine if Curry was in place of all the missed or not taken Jerebko shots.... or if Draymond was in place of Damian Jones. It would have a been very different outcome to this game, and OT was not even in question.

Although the East should be quite exciting to watch this year.

Bucks and Raptors in the ECF?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 08, 2018, 10:14:09 PM »
Early pick for Rookie of the Year: Doncic on the Mavs.

I think it's is by far and away this Euro League rookie. Barring some historic wall hitting or terrible injury, I don't see any other rookie coming close.
He just schooled rockets almost single handedly by scoring 11 in a row (3 from distance) late in the 4th to give the Mavs a 5 point lead, and ultimately leading to a 3 point win.

This kid is hitting big shots repeatedly, consistently, and without hesitation.
Mavs may be playoff bound this year (Can't say the same for Houston rn :/)

Early pick for MVP: Steph Curry
His last game wasn't that hot, but he's still real close to avg 50/50/90 right now
actually, looking up the stats, over 16 games, he is at 51/50/93 and averaging 29.6 points per game
The Warriors (18-9) have a record of 13-3 when Steph was on the floor, and we all know they win 4-5+ of those losses had he actually been playing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:26:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »