Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 680465 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Assuming the Warriors win the title this year (safe assumption, but still an assumption for now) KD ain't leaving. He'll sign another 1 and 1, and take a small discount to extend Klay's contract early.
****.... actually, he's probably staying either way. No stress in the bay, just paid to win while having fun while you play.

I don't know what's up with Kawhi, but SAS is going to offer him the Sooper MaxX, and I'm not sure if he turns it down. That's a lot of money to walk away from... especially since they will probably be able to make some moves this off season if the seniors on the team retire freeing up some cap space.

Philly got room for 2 Max contracts from what I heard.... Lebron + Kawhi? Lebron + PG13?

But since it just got brought up again this morning on TV... what if Danny Ainge trades Kyrie for Lebron? Tell me that wouldn't be some cold blooded ****. LOL

edit:
bonus clip of some JR stupidity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgvBHS1hpE
LMAO this dude needs to sober up.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:20:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Yeah, Durant isn’t leaving. That was my point. Lakers exceptionalism is alive and well.

The Sixers have almost one max slot if they let J.J. Redick walk and can get a full max slot by using the stretch provision on Jerryd Bayless. The Lakers are the only team this offseason that can get two max slots with the path of least resistance involving using the stretch provision on the ghost of Luol Deng and renouncing Julius Randle (NO!). Since Magic Johnson has no problems pushing the tampering card, he’ll know where the Lakers stand with key free agents before free agency. Ideally, the Lakers would trade Deng, keep Randle, and sign their free agent targets either George/James or kick the can down the road and make a run at Kawhi Leonard next year. That said, it will be hard but not impossible to dump Luol Deng if absolutely necessary. I’ve heard the Bulls may take him for a couple draft picks. If the Lakers can swing it, they can use Deng to match contracts in a trade rather than a salary dump. If the Thunder, for example, are going to lose Paul George, might as well get a couple picks for him.

I think there’s a reasonable chance Kawhi Leonard leaves San Antonio especially if he really believes the team mismanaged his injury. The main obstacle is apparently his uncle whispering in his ear. The supermax is a ton of money to pass up especially since Texas is an income tax free state, but the idea would be to make up the difference in a bigger market. For example, he apparently balked at the shoe deal he was offered from the Jordan Brand. That’s not changing if he’s still in San Antonio. Maybe in Los Angeles, the same Los Angeles that voted Lonzo Ball over Damien Lillard for the all-Star game. I’m a Lakers fan, and I still think that’s a bad idea. Take the supermax. I’ve never been one for taking chances though.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I thought the main reason there was the mid season trade for the Cavs was because the locker room of the Cavs was so toxic and they needed to trade players to make the team function better together.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I thought the main reason there was the mid season trade for the Cavs was because the locker room of the Cavs was so toxic and they needed to trade players to make the team function better together.

Honestly in hindsight I think that was a massive overreaction by Cleveland. The idea that Isaiah Thomas was so toxic and his body was so irreparably broken seems crazy today. I know stats don't tell the entire story but Thomas giving you 15 a night doesn't seem so bad considering Nance and Clarkson are giving you nothing right now and Hill might be shooting better than IT but is still only good for 10 on a good night.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Witnessing Greatness.... Human Cheat Code Activated

I think this is secretly half the reason why the Dubs shut Corver down so hard.
Can't catch the man on the All Time NBA 3pt List if he keeps making 3's
And Curry has 2-3 more games to top the All-Time Playoff 3pt list to secure his Finals MVP

I believe Curry is #7 on the All-Time list and Korver is at #3, about 90 3's ahead of Curry.
If Curry shoots similar to usual next season, he will jump from #7 to #3 with ease and room to spare

3-5 seasons from now, assuming how he keeps shooting, he will top the list.

If Steph can beat the playoff record, he will have passed Paul Pierce. Would like to see him mumble through that with some scattered commentary Live on the post game. LOL
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:51:22 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Paul Pierce’s commentary and analysis is so bad. Why does ESPN keep putting him on television?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Paul Pierce’s commentary and analysis is so bad. Why does ESPN keep putting him on television?

No idea... but to watch him have to praise a Warrior for beating one of his records. LOL
I see him struggling to find the words.

For as little insightful commentary that the TNT crew gives, they should guest star, or hold their own  PreGame/HalfTime/PostGame show.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Nothing official, but I follow the Lakers so I’ve pretty much heard every Paul George trade rumor.

Here are some Laker rumors coming form someone on Reddit
Era>Reddit>source
Some background information on CyberX for those who don't know who he is. He correctly posted about Iso-Joe to the Rockets, JC to CLE, he made this thread on January 25th, 3 weeks before the trade actually happened in Februrary, and CP3 to HOU, among other things. He seems connected to the league. He also posted some behind the scenes about Pelinka and the Lou Will trade.

Source: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/2-0-cyberex-paging-cyberex.272647/page-6

-Still believes Lakers at top of the list for LeBron
-Capella is intrigued about the Lakers, LA scene with their young core if they offer the max, wants to make his own name
-Boogie wants out of NOLA, wants Lakers badly
-PG to Lakers is almost a lock
-Capela isnt looking to leave but he also wouldnt mind going on another team and not being under JH shadow. He feels he can offer more. He sees the Lakers as a young and fun team that he can grow with. Same with PHX. I don't see the Lakers going out there to mess with RFA. Its just not in their style.
-Lakers arent sold on DMC. I dont think they really care for him after the injury. Only see him there if its on a short term deal they strike out on.
-If the Lakers know they can get some studs this summer, they will attach a pick or a young player to get rid of Dengs $. I believe the opportunities are endless.

You guys got me going again, going to make some calls this week. I love the off season.

I'll update this thread whenever he makes a new post.

edit:
and IT2 out here clownin!!!!
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1003863656440852480

original source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Np4K_PAfnI
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:50:28 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Isaiah Thomas saying, “I’m like the Cavs; I’m about to get swept,” on national television was probably the best thing I’ve seen this week besides maybe that Steph Curry three pointer to beat the shot clock.

I’ve heard most of those rumors except that’s Demarcus Cousins wants to go to the Lakers “badly.” Rob Pelinka crossed him off the list as soon as he got that injury. He saw first hand how Kobe Bryant ended his career after tearing his Achilles. Granted, Cousins is 27 and Bryant was what, 86.

Clint Capela is a restricted free agent. The Rockets will match any offer.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Draft hats anyone!? https://twitter.com/JeffEisenband/status/1004021920059281409/photo/1

And it is one of the better ones. There are some ugly ones out there.... :/

Offline Soren

• View Profile
It looks cool. Probably super overpriced but whatevs. Jordan Bell was a steal last year and I hope we get lucky again this year.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
There's a TED Talk about flag design that this reminds me of.  But they all look over-developed or "too busy" to me.  And some of the pins are ridiculous.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Welp, seems about over now. Looking back, it was over when JR Smith wandered off in game 1.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Paul Pierce thinks Steph Curry just lost Finals MVP to Kevin Durant. Yeah, but Curry signed a super max contract last summer. I guess he’ll just have to dry his tears on all those disposable $100 bills he now has.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:59:16 AM by Adrock »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Curry had a really bad game, but sure let's just forget what he did in Game 2.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Sarcasm aside, Durant is having a better overall series. Even his worst game this series was still pretty good. Also, who really cares what Paul Pierce thinks? I doubt Curry is losing sleep over it. Fans and the media are more about who gets Finals MVP.

And if we’re talking most valuable player in the series, it’s hands down LeBron James even though only Jerry West has ever won it on a losing team. Without him, the Cavs don’t play anything remotely resembling competent basketball.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
If Curry shows up and plays anywhere near Game 2 level for game 4, on a Warrior win, he gets FMVP
If Durant has to pull a game 3 again because Steph and Klay are both cold... KD wins his 2nd FMVP

The ONLY way Lebron even gets a consideration for FMVP is if they somehow win the next 3 games and he puts up a historic performance in a game 7 loss.

Other than that.. there's no way they give it to the loser ever again. J. West got it the very first year there was a FMVP award, which is the only reason he won it on a losing effort.

and I really wonder who sent that Giant L to the Quicken Loans Arena. If that was another Draymond prank, I will lose it. LMAO

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Absolutely. No way anyone on a losing team officially wins Finals MVP ever again. I just meant if we’re talking about who provides the most value for each team’s success, it’s clearly LeBron James. Take one of the Warriors’ four best players (Durant, Curry, Thompson, or Green) out of the series, and they still have a reasonable chance to win while the Cavs without LeBron James may lose a G-League game.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:42:51 AM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Truth

Now I just wonder what changes Ty Lue makes to try and win 1 game in Cleveland. Considering the whole team knows win or lose, this is most likely Lebrons last game in Quicken Loans Arena as a Cav for the immediate future. I gotta wonder if the Cavs come out swinging trying their best to not be swept, or do they have a defeated attitude and everyone plays like JR Smith for game 4.

Oh, and does someone deliver a Giant Broom to Quicken Loans arena just before game 4 to mess with the Cavs heads?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Does any player ever want to win Finals MVP in a losing effort?  So he's going to put that trophy on his shelf so it can remind him of the time his team made it to the finals and blew it?  It's basically a "my teammates let me down" award at that point.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Does any player ever want to win Finals MVP in a losing effort?  So he's going to put that trophy on his shelf so it can remind him of the time his team made it to the finals and blew it?  It's basically a "my teammates let me down" award at that point.

Lebrons Legacy at this point is "I got my team to the Finals and we blew it"
It would basically be his validation of "It wasn't me, it was all of them" award.
and the fact that he knows he prevented Curry from getting it, and being the only other person in the entire NBA history to do it.... (maybe get himself made into the New NBA Logo while we're at it) could be a good thing

It's not gonna happen, but I could see how Lebron could find some positives out of it.

I'm really hoping Curry gets it though. He needs a MONSTER game 4 though.
Would be dope if he broke the Finals 3pt Record again.

Rachel Nichols was stating that last time the Finals record was broken 8 3's back in 2010, dude went 0-8 from 3 in the following game.
Curry did the exact same thing, only 0-9 before finally hitting one to end the game 1-10 from 3.
He's due to be calibrated for game 4.
Hopefully Klay joins the Splash Party and game 4 isn't even close after the 3rd is done.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I don't see the reasoning in wanting Curry to get the MVP.  KD is running away with it in my mind.

And I'm assuming the giant L was a part of some kind of signage and that account was just having some fun.  Because the tweet is hysterical, but someone just sending a giant L is a little mean spirited.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
KD is deserving of it too, but so was Curry last year, and the first year they won too.
This team wouldn't be what it is then nor today with Curry, so I want to see him have a big game 4 and finally get his FMVP award.

It would also make him 1 of 9 players I think that had multiple regular season MVP and a FMVP award, based on what they were talking on the radio the other day.
There might've been other qualifiers such as AS appearances our All NBA team selections too, but I don't remember at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:04:49 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Finals MVP went to Durant again. Curry had a monster game, but Game 3 hurt him while Durant carried the team to a tough win then dropped a triple double in Game 4.

Hot Take I’ll likely regret: the Warriors don’t make it to the Finals next year.

It’s about that time I get bored watching a team dominate. I don’t even care if they come back and win in 2020. I’ve had my fill of Warriors in the Finals for now.