Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 680477 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Well.... Cav v Celts was another hard to watch game.
Between pace, execution and general play style, this just is not an exciting series for me.

Boston couldn't make ****, the Cavs are not good, the Celts just play even worse
It's all bad when you get your shot blocked twice by Kyle Korver, it's worse when you miss 2-5 dunks.... most of which were not contested at the rim. It is completely UNACCEPTABLE when you get the ball and then have to be TOLD what to do with it... wide open, 5 feet from the hoop with no one between you and the bucket..... SMMFH

Refs made a few bad calls both ways, more so killing any momentum the Celtics would start to get, but Celtics were just bad in this game. This was not on the Refs at all.

If the Celtics don't continue to win this at home, series over. Their road game has been terrible.
Almost like 2 different teams.

Oh well, hopefully we get back to Basketball perfection tonight with a fast paced, well executed on both ends of the court, extra HYPED Warriors v Rockets game.

Hopefully Steph shows up again, along with Klay and Durant.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Dude, it’s curtains for the East and pretty much has been all season. Both the Cavaliers and Celtics struggle on the road. Bring that weak **** into Oracle arena and you’ll get laughed out of the building.

The Conference Finals this year have been awful. They’re mostly blowouts. If the Rockets lose tonight, the series is unofficially over. It’s like watching someone light a fire in a garbage can then throw it into a larger flaming garbage can. I should be leaving Deadpool 2 around the second quarter. I’ll check the score, but I don’t think I’m even going to watch the game.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 12:56:29 PM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Well.... that happened.

Somehow the Dubs started the game 12-0 (shoulda been 20-0) and then fell behind 10 just before the half, only to have a 20pt swing to be back up by 10 in the 3rd, only to lose by 3 in the end...

It was finally a game people wanted to watch, no blowout regarless of how bad it started for the away team. Durant was off. Klay got hurt... a little. Draymond was not good. Livingston was bad, Looney had moments, and Curry didn't make miracles happen in moments we needed them in the 4th. Oh, and Kerr.... for some reason didn't call a time out to run a play for the final 48 seconds of the game down by 3. Quick 2 for 1 to get either down by 1 or tie the game up. We were all shocked that he let the clock play.

It's all good. I still believe the Dubs will just bring it in Houston. Vegas got what it wanted. People made their money, so now it's time to end this ****. Warriors in 6 @ Home.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Can we talk about how utterly stupid the conference finals schedule is? Teams got 3 days off between games 2 and 3 but now are expected to play up to 5 games every other night, including travel. Today's CLE/BOS game was really ugly.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
no one can figure out what the plan was... something about ensuring there was a game on Sunday and Monday or something. Buy who really knows.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
You'd think they've been doing this long enough to know better, but I guess not.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
You'd think they've been doing this long enough to know better, but I guess not.

From what I heard, the reasoning for the schedule had a lot to do with Advertising Money from the broadcaster (ESPN?) that paid (a lot of $$) to air the games. So they had to make sure that Sunday and Monday were covered for potential close-out games, as those are 2 of the highest rating days for the week.

Sounds logical to me, but still makes the schedule looked fucked up, especially considering how both series have turned out so far. but hindsight is 20/20

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'm surprised those are the highest days for ratings, but I guess I just don't know what distinguishes those two days.  I know the NFL owns them for a chunk of the year, so maybe people are used to their sports fix on those days.  Could be regularly scheduled TV to compete with as well?  I dunno.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Not at this time of year - most shows go into summer reruns around now.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
That other poster would've known that.  Too bad I killed him.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Not looking great for the Warriors.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I think Durant had money on the Rockets tonight. and offered to cut Draymond in sometime during the 1st quarter if he helped him out.

Durant with the TERRIBLE ISO for the entire 1st and 2nd quarter WOULD NOT PASS THE BALL... just terrible forced shot after terrible forced shot. He literally started the game in OKC Panic Mode Hero Ball ISO and it was not working.

KD missed as many shots tonight as Curry took total (14). There is something wrong with that picture. He was rushing shots, passing up WIDE OPEN teammates to throw up a quick brick. If he didn't have money on the game, then someone kidnapped his niece or something. Killed our offense for the 1st 2 Qtrs of the game. The entire reason we weren't up by double digits by halftime was because of KD (other players were't quite up to Par, but KD dominating the wasted possession game killed out offensive flow, no one was allowed to get it going watching KD turn the ball over or take a terrible shot).
I been yelling at the TV almost all damn game.
and Klay and his 4 airballs in the last 2 games... smfh. 1 of them was a layup bruh.

Draymond is making Shaqtin, Bleacher Report will probably roast him better, harder, and first with the post game edits on IG tho.

Dubs SEVERELY disappointing right now. 2 sub 100 games in a row.
But atleast we getting the exciting close down to the wire games everyone wanted.
ECF has been soooooo damn boring.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Chris Paul is out for Game 6. I’d be shocked if he was available for Game 7.

The Warriors should win this series.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
We'll take it. (Not a guaranteed win yet.... Kerr was about to unleash Zaza tho :P)

We should have won the last last 2 games, but damn, between Houston turning up the D, and dumb ass turnovers by the Dubs (Not to mention the KD iso failures) it's like we're trying to make this hard on ourselves.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Kyle Korver won a jump ball. What is this sorcery?

I have doubts the Cavs can win Game 7 in Boston. There’s only so much LeBron can do. Someone else will have to step up on the road. Anyone? Bueller?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Kevin Love ruled out for Game 7 due to concussion protocol.

I really can’t stand the idea of a Rockets vs. Celtics Finals. I’m really hoping the Warriors can pull off two straight wins.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Kevin Love ruled out for Game 7 due to concussion protocol.

I really can’t stand the idea of a Rockets vs. Celtics Finals. I’m really hoping the Warriors can pull off two straight wins.

Hamptons 5 says "We Got This"

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
‘Twas getting a bit dicey there in the first half and at halftime. The Warriors have been showing up in the third quarter. They need to stop falling behind early. It won’t always be easy to turn it on and make a run.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Warriors came out looking really bad at the start. They can't afford to do that in Houston. The second half was extremely therapeutic to see Curry and Klay let loose. And seeing McCaw, even in garbage time, was very uplifting. He's probably not going to play meaningful minutes the rest of the playoffs but it was great to see him. And it's been good seeing Jordan Bell step up and contribute even a little when it matters.

Houston will not win this series without Chris Paul. Their 7 man rotation got pushed to 6 + the corpse of Mbah a Moute and it showed in the second half when they needed more than normal from Gordon/Green/Ariza and they gave them nothing.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Almost guarantee CP3 ain't playing game 7, no matter how much he wants to. A hamstring strain isn't exactly a 4 day injury. More like a 7-10 day one at minimum. Even if he forces himself to play game 7, he won't be himself, 65% at best.

Dubs should have won the last 2 games they lost, but for reasons.... decided to play like absolutely garbage, and in the last game, even decided to play nothing like recent Warrior ball. Not sure what they were doing.

Game 7 is gonna be HYPE AF tho, but I think we know who's gonna win.

the real question is who gonna win tomorrow between Celtics and Cavs.
Personally I think Celtics, but Lebron gonna carry those fools to the first close game of the series. It could go either way.

Regardless, assuming Dubs win on Monday, They take the finals in 5 games (or less).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
re: last nights game, I think this says it all.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Wow, Celtics. That was embarrassing.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
LEBRON!!!!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
#TRUTH

tomorrows game gonna be LIT AF

we could have a 4 peat Finals Appearance. And I think it will be the 1st time in NBA history (Cavs) that a team meets all the same exact teams in the post season, regardless of order, 2 seasons in a row.

HAHAHA LMAO.
https://twitter.com/White_Mamba88/status/1000957690934259714

Lebron last night. LOL
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:23:37 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
The Warriors are not playing like this is an elimination game though it reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons when Homer was a boxer, and he just waits until the opponent gets tired then beats them easily. Right now, they’re down by 11 at halftime and have made a habit of strong third quarter runs. It’s frustrating to watch because you never know if they just don’t have it in them to turn it on.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:13:57 PM by Adrock »