Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 683285 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I was listening to ESPN’s Hoop Collective podcast maybe last week, and one of them picked the Cavaliers over the Raptors because he didn’t think the Raptors could win a series if LeBron walks in the building. Well...

fitting......

Raptors are fucking FRAUDS. #1 seed in the East, can't even protect their home court with a lead. SMFH. no one expects them to win, but as the #1 seed, at least make it a damn series.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
*snort*

...really? The Pelicans' home court is called the "Smoothie King Center"? Man, and I thought the Pelicans couldn't get any more lame.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
This game is embarrassing.

Protect home court, Jazz. Plz.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Well, good on the Pelicans for getting one, because they looked terrible in Games 1 & 2. It looks like Raptors-Cavs will be the only sweep this round.

Well...this is painful. The Jazz look totally out of sync.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:50:54 PM by broodwars »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
What. The. ****. Jazz.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I shut the Dubs game off 3-4 minutes into the 3rd quarter. Decided it was better to just watch score updates than kill my phone battery to watch a livestream (I wasn't at home). It was apparent the Warriors not only weren't going to win, but didn't really seem to care all that much. I figured the Pels would win one anyway, I was just hoping it was game 4 instead of game 3.

and I didn't even bother on the Houston Utah game. saw the opening score of something like 20 to 7 Rockets, and knew the game was a BLOW OUT.

Hopefully the Jazz find balance in game 4.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 05:46:53 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
I'm out of gifs of the Raptors mascot face-planting.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Do you have any of the Sixers mascot?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Do you have any of the Sixers mascot?

I'm afraid the best I can get out of Franklin is a shrug, which seems to sum up the Sixers' approach to this series.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The Sixers did everything they could last night to lose that game... and they succeeded. Good thing they dropped all that confetti.

Has Embiid said anything about their successful loss yet?
#TheProcess... is this all part of it?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Dubs put a smackdown on the Pels this afternoon like I knew they would.
Kerr started the Hamptons 5 (aka the new Death Lineup) for the first time ever

expected result: Pels getting their teeth kicked in with both feet....
actual result: success

Time to finish this up in Oakland on Tuesday. ;)

Jazz v Rockets.....
Hopefully the Jazz can bounce back in the 2nd half. they need to even this series up and buy more time for Rubio to come back so they have a full squad to compete with.

Oh, and I found this vid regarding Cavs v Raps yesterday. LOL
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bib1N3pFZuJ/

and believe it or not, but the Sixers have been the favorites in every single game against the Celtics.... Someone in Vegas making money on these underdog Celtics right now. Sixers are favorites for game 4 as well. I think it was -16.5.
Will the Sixers not only get one, but then be able to pull off the first ever end series sweep?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:25:37 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
*sigh*

Well, best we can do without Rubio, I guess.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
They had my sword, especially when they got it down to a 5 point game... twice I think.

The Jazz just didn't have enough to win though. All the opportunities to win, but just not enough scoring power to take advantage. Rubio better play next game, even if he's only 75%, because it's win or go home for them on Tuesday.

edit:

but this is what we all waiting on anyway. The Real NBA Finals

and then the fourpeat match-up which will now be a post credits series.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:39:29 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
At some point, Jazz fans have to just appreciate the effort & hope for a better future. We were already short-handed with the loss of Rubio, and now it looks like we've lost Dante Exum as well for the rest of the series.

We were already short-handed & outgunned before this series began. We made the playoffs despite losing Hayward at the start of the season & Golbert for most of the season, and we beat the Thunder when that was thought unlikely.  So long as Houston has to work for their victory, we can end this series & this season satisfied. We weren't punted right out of the playoffs like the Raptors and Sixers will be. We'll be back next year.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Huh. The Sixer's won a game. I guess Toronto will just be the sole loser this round.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I hear Lebron bought the entire Lebronto squad new matching suits for after the game. it will be waiting for them in the visitors locker room after the game. Purple and Green is the theme, and it will literally be the only thing they have to wear out of the building.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Raptors fan: Stop, stop! They’re already dead!

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
So it's confirmed now that the Jazz will be without both their starting PG (Rubio) & their backup PG (Exum) for Game 5. Between that & the Refs calling fouls on Jazz players when Harden hits them in the face with the ball, we just can't catch a break.

Can we just...you know...revoke the Raptors' right to be an NBA team? Nothing but a legacy of failure, even in the continually weak Eastern Conference. And lord knows they've had more than enough chances.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:30:31 PM by broodwars »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
No Rubio for game 5?

D. Mitchell better go Black Suit Spider-man for the next 3 games ;)

and I agree, the Raptors should be extinct. But the punishment for not forfeiting their right to be an NBA team, they have to open every pre-season game to Barney Music, and he unofficially becomes the team mascot. Oh, and they have to change their name and logo accordingly for at least 1 alt uniform that must be worn no less than 10 home and 10 away games, and that includes every game vs the Cavs or whoever Lebron is playing for next season.

But I'm really hoping Embiid and the Sixers can really give it to the Celtics in the next game. This series need to go to 6 or 7. Sixers are too good to go down 1 and done vs a "depleted" Celtics team.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Aaaannnnd there goes Donovan Mitchell out of the game, injured. And he was having an amazing night. We just can't win.

Well, I said we'd be happy if the Jazz made the Rockets earn this win, and they did. It took the Rockets 4 quarters & the injury of our star player to take us down. Great effort.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I had to catch an Lyft right after the steal from Donovan by Harden... little did I know that was the play that injured him, and he was the ONLY reason the Jazz were in the game still.  Something like a 20 to 6 run  at some point and he out scored the Rockets 22 to 21 by HIMSELF in the 3rd quarter.

He just might be an amazing player in the next few years. If he didn't go down, Jazz had a legitimate chance at extending this series at least 1 more game.

But we would have only been extending the enevitable, and it's time to just get to the MAIN EVEN. Warriors vs Rockets.
We knew it was coming since about 6 months ago. And we know whoever wins the WCF will be the ultimate winner in the end (so long as it's the Dubs.... no faith in the Rockets to shut down the Cavs). The East has looked quite unworthy.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Rockets vs Warriors should be a good series. I admittedly backed the Jazz because I didn’t want Chris Paul to get to the Conference Finals. I don’t even dislike Paul or anything; I just wanted to see how long the no-CP-in-CF thing could go. It was a good run.

Unless the Sixers pull off a miracle, looks like I’m getting behind the Warriors from here on out. After this, I’ll probably be burned out on watching the Warriors dominate.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Lets hope for a Warriors sweep of the Rockets.

Nothing more fitting for CP3 than to finally make it to the WCF and then get swept and sent home again.

and I'm rooting for Philly too, but as long as whichever team wins, they BRING IT to Lebron.
None of that pathetic display basketball that the Raps brought to the semi-finals.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'd love to see Philly come back, but that team has quite the future ahead of them.  They'll get their ring(s).

I would absolutely love to see LeBron win it all this year. The internet would be ablaze for weeks.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.