Author Topic: Stuff that has nothing to do with the Title Wipe Thread!  (Read 4221 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Stuff that has nothing to do with the Title Wipe Thread!
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:31:08 PM »
*eyes his new title*

Really, guys? Just...REALLY?  ::)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff that has nothing to do with the Title Wipe Thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »
Perfect, I love it.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 01:47:06 PM »
Perfect, I love it.

I'm sure the extremely paranoid fanboys on this website would, but if I really hated Nintendo I wouldn't put up with gushing, grating Nintendo sycophants like you here.  I would have left this website a long time ago, as there are better places online for non-Nintendo discussion and the general community here isn't stupid enough to satisfactorily troll.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:50:49 PM by broodwars »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 02:13:46 PM »
Wasn't me.  I don't change titles, except to wipe them.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »
Perfect, I love it.

I'm sure the extremely paranoid fanboys on this website would, but if I really hated Nintendo I wouldn't put up with gushing, grating Nintendo sycophants like you here.  I would have left this website a long time ago, as there are better places online for non-Nintendo discussion and the general community here isn't stupid enough to satisfactorily troll.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm a gamer. And I generally prefer to stay out of the political arguments that are on the site these days.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 03:24:25 PM »
Perfect, I love it.

Sorry bud, you chose the wrong person to call a fanboy. Pokepal is definitely not as apologetic as some people here.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 07:45:23 PM »
It was meant as a joke. I understand that you don't hate Nintendo, but you certainly come off that way sometimes. 
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 05:06:02 PM »
Tbh it would work better on ian sane and just stick the sony fanboy label on good old broody ;)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »
Perfect, I love it.

Broodwars, you can't run away from who you are
:D

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 12:30:26 AM »
Perfect, I love it.

Broodwars, you can't run away from who you are
 :D

I have more important things to do right now than deal with the usual forum nonsense, like editing a podcast that a whole 5 people listen to.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 12:45:05 AM »
Complaining about people not listening to your stuff looks bad, don't do that.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:10 AM »
Complaining about people not listening to your stuff looks bad, don't do that.

That was meant to be tongue in cheek. Consider where we are now.  :P:

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 01:14:56 AM »
I always forget what board I'm on. I never actually click on any of them, but use the "show unread posts since last visit".

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 02:03:48 AM »
I like to use the main forum board and click on all the individual forums. It gives the mind a moment to adjust.

Console forum: This will be full of discussions that have been the same for a year with different words being used as well as completely improbable solutions and musings from Kytim and Tendoboy. See Adrock take on Ian Sane and Broodwars over and over again!

General Gaming: A mix of discussions allowing a user to post everything they can about the latest game related thing they are doing and some discussion on the other consoles available along with  one or two briefly new interesting threads.

Handheld Discussion: Where few topics are created and even fewer discussions are had (despite this being the pillar of Nintendo success and what the most successful hardware on the market has been for like 8 years). Mainly taken over by my AC thread. At least there are 5 stickied threads because one can never have enough stickied threads to generate more discussions and interest in a forum. Imagine if threads just jostled around every time someone had something to post in them.

Gameplay Strategy: After replying to Adrock's question with an answer that wasn't much help and the issue getting resolved without any real definitive answer as to why the problem existed, I got to see my name as the last poster in that forum from Oct. 20, 2013 - Jan. 4. 2014. I've decided to reclaim that name recognition and make a post relevant enough to hopefully last for another 5 or 6 months until someone else is too lazy to look up Gamefaqs and post in there.

Matchmaking Forum - I've got to click on this and see who was foolish enough to try and use it.

Hardware Support - Where am I? Whoops. Made a mistake. Take me back to the mainpage. Nothing of interest here.

Talkback - At least now the topics will be a bit more varied and a few more different posters will use it. Maybe the best spot on these forums for real game-related discussions.

Podcast - Don't listen to them but they seem popular enough that the forum is always blue so I have to click on it and then go back so that it won't be blue anymore indicating unread posts in it.

Reader Reviews - I always think about how great this section of the forum could be. If only more of us actually still played games and/or knew how to articulate our reactions playing them. Weep for the untapped potential.

NWR Feedback - It's like a forum threat level. When stuff goes down, suddenly there's a lot of posts and that forum is blue all the time indicating that fact. When things are quiet with little forum drama happening, it stays gray and unlit. Nothing new to report.

General Discussion - Land of the megathreads. All general discussion has been grouped into about 9 topics that seem able to handle pretty much all general discussion. If something else comes along that just isn't popular, it is soon crushed below the jostling megathreads to sink into the oblivion of all other General Discussion topics that weren't general enough to survive and turn into megathreads. Just in case those megathreads constantly jostling up and down the first page everytime someone has something to say in them is too alarming for you, there are 4 sticked threads there at the top to keep your sense of balance intact. At least the birthday thread finally got unsticked so it could disappear. Although I will miss reading Maxi's posts of constantly wishing everyone a happy birthday and then being offended at everyone because no one bothered to use that thread anymore and wish him a happy birthday.

Funhouse - Once in awhile, the embers of this forum light up but the spark is definitely fading. Too many of the jokers on this forum have slowly disappeared.

Mafia - This is my realm and everything in it is perfect and everyone should be using it which is another sign this forum is broken and if anyone questions anything about it or says anything negative about it, so help me, that person just punched their ticket to the pearly gates (although hell is more likely for disrespecting this forum) and the enforcer mod the admins have brought in (BlackNMild2k1) will make sure you beg for the sweet, sweet taste of death by the time he's done with you. In other words, it is one of the bright spots on this forum.

So, that's why it's best to use the main forum page for navigation.

Still on topic, what happened to Lucariofan99? We just can't keep new posters around these days.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 09:38:54 AM »
Let's see...

- Our flames were super-effective
- A dingo ate his baby
- Got banhammered for having alts

Pick one.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 10:16:22 AM »
I gotta go with door number 2, Wink!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 02:26:04 PM »
I like to use the main forum board and click on all the individual forums. It gives the mind a moment to adjust.

Console forum: This will be full of discussions that have been the same for a year with different words being used as well as completely improbable solutions and musings from Kytim and Tendoboy. See Adrock take on Ian Sane and Broodwars over and over again!

General Gaming: A mix of discussions allowing a user to post everything they can about the latest game related thing they are doing and some discussion on the other consoles available along with  one or two briefly new interesting threads.

Handheld Discussion: Where few topics are created and even fewer discussions are had (despite this being the pillar of Nintendo success and what the most successful hardware on the market has been for like 8 years). Mainly taken over by my AC thread. At least there are 5 stickied threads because one can never have enough stickied threads to generate more discussions and interest in a forum. Imagine if threads just jostled around every time someone had something to post in them.

Gameplay Strategy: After replying to Adrock's question with an answer that wasn't much help and the issue getting resolved without any real definitive answer as to why the problem existed, I got to see my name as the last poster in that forum from Oct. 20, 2013 - Jan. 4. 2014. I've decided to reclaim that name recognition and make a post relevant enough to hopefully last for another 5 or 6 months until someone else is too lazy to look up Gamefaqs and post in there.

Matchmaking Forum - I've got to click on this and see who was foolish enough to try and use it.

Hardware Support - Where am I? Whoops. Made a mistake. Take me back to the mainpage. Nothing of interest here.

Talkback - At least now the topics will be a bit more varied and a few more different posters will use it. Maybe the best spot on these forums for real game-related discussions.

Podcast - Don't listen to them but they seem popular enough that the forum is always blue so I have to click on it and then go back so that it won't be blue anymore indicating unread posts in it.

Reader Reviews - I always think about how great this section of the forum could be. If only more of us actually still played games and/or knew how to articulate our reactions playing them. Weep for the untapped potential.

NWR Feedback - It's like a forum threat level. When stuff goes down, suddenly there's a lot of posts and that forum is blue all the time indicating that fact. When things are quiet with little forum drama happening, it stays gray and unlit. Nothing new to report.

General Discussion - Land of the megathreads. All general discussion has been grouped into about 9 topics that seem able to handle pretty much all general discussion. If something else comes along that just isn't popular, it is soon crushed below the jostling megathreads to sink into the oblivion of all other General Discussion topics that weren't general enough to survive and turn into megathreads. Just in case those megathreads constantly jostling up and down the first page everytime someone has something to say in them is too alarming for you, there are 4 sticked threads there at the top to keep your sense of balance intact. At least the birthday thread finally got unsticked so it could disappear. Although I will miss reading Maxi's posts of constantly wishing everyone a happy birthday and then being offended at everyone because no one bothered to use that thread anymore and wish him a happy birthday.

Funhouse - Once in awhile, the embers of this forum light up but the spark is definitely fading. Too many of the jokers on this forum have slowly disappeared.

Mafia - This is my realm and everything in it is perfect and everyone should be using it which is another sign this forum is broken and if anyone questions anything about it or says anything negative about it, so help me, that person just punched their ticket to the pearly gates (although hell is more likely for disrespecting this forum) and the enforcer mod the admins have brought in (BlackNMild2k1) will make sure you beg for the sweet, sweet taste of death by the time he's done with you. In other words, it is one of the bright spots on this forum.

So, that's why it's best to use the main forum page for navigation.

Still on topic, what happened to Lucariofan99? We just can't keep new posters around these days.

Oh sure! After I give a partly humerous, partly scathing indictment description of all the forums, some mod has to take it upon himself and start fixing things up a bit and removing stickied threads, just to ruin my post and make my descriptions no longer valid. Always have to try and twist that knife in a little bit further. I wish my mod powers were more extensive so I could see who's been doing this but I can only see when someone does something in the Mafia forum.And while I'd try and use my detective skills to deduce who it could be, it's very hard in this case since every mod is out to get me so everyone is a suspect.

But seriously, thanks. Things already look more aesthetically pleasing in a few of these forums. And, you don't have to say anything. I get it just from these actions. You want me to post more of these overblown half-rants to help you come up with more ways to improve things on the boards. I read you and can do.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »
^Does this guy ever stop?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 06:27:55 PM »
Who Khush? Who the **** are you? He's by far the best poster in this fucking place.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »
^Does this guy ever stop?

No. And honestly, I wouldn't want him to.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 01:02:16 AM »
Who Khush? Who the **** are you? He's by far the best poster in this fucking place.

Can I quote you on that? Never mind I just did.

S'alright. As you'll notice by his title, Zap is the NWR Forums MVP. He was a lot more active around the 2006 - 2010 period of these forums and definitely helped provide a lot of fun on them. His most famous thread these days is the Public Toilets thread. Much like how Animal Crossing: New Leaf has around 5 different kinds of toilets you can buy, he seems obsessed with porcelain throne in all its glorious applications and forms.

Frankly, I laughed and applauded him for that comment since that is the usual tone his posts and humour consists of and I can take it.

No. And honestly, I wouldn't want him to.

Don't worry. As a kid, I ate like 12 packs of Energizer batteries. I should be good to keep going even after three nuclear holocausts. (Too soon.)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 01:32:04 AM »
It's always done in love <3.

Don't make me write a song about you. Little punk..
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
See Adrock take on Ian Sane and Broodwars over and over again!
It's a problem, I know. I try to ignore it, but Ian posts in like every active thread. If he's going to derail entire threads with trollish anti-Nintendo comments (sometimes completely unrelated), then he better be prepared to defend it. Simple common sense typically puts an end to that. I read most new threads/posts in Nintendo Console Discussion, General Gaming, and Talkback daily so when I begin to read his posts and I'm usually like, "No, you don't get to spread blatantly false and/or condescending statements undisputed." I'd really rather just discuss games and whatnot. I'm probably just wasting my time so I'll do better with this.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 05:03:51 PM »
It's always done in love <3.

Don't make me write a song about you. oblivious...
Fixed :D

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »
**** you, pokepal.