Author Topic: Official Public Toilets Discussion  (Read 146204 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Official Public Toilets Discussion
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »
The thread for recurring "We swabbed some public restrooms for germs and boy are they disgusting" news stories.

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/20/8402117-dont-touch-study-confirms-your-worst-fears-about-public-potties
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Official Public Toilets Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »
Does this story confirm the notion that the Women's bathroom is consistently more disgusting that the Men's?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:58:14 PM »
The story is based on a paper to be presented Friday to the Infectious Diseases Society of America in Boston. The news piece is short on specifics. 
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:47:26 PM »
Oh man... Having had to clean bathrooms for a living the women's are always soooo much worse then the mens it was not even funny... I mean you don't even stand to pee... How do you miss so much?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 10:38:26 PM »
Uh, isn't this better suited for the Funhouse?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 02:47:52 AM »
I don't know, is biology and sanitation supposed to be a joke?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
If you think the bathrooms are bad in NA, never try the ones in some European countries.  I was in Paris, France some years ago, and the public restrooms were practically HazMat zones...and you had to pay to use them.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »
If you think the bathrooms are bad in NA, never try the ones in some European countries.  I was in Paris, France some years ago, and the public restrooms were practically HazMat zones...and you had to pay to use them.

Good to know for when I go to Europe
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
You know that feeling you get when you sit down to take a **** in a public restroom, and your dong touches the front edge of the toilet...that's the best feeling in the world.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
World Toilet Day is right around the corner!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 03:36:11 AM »
yep, ladies restrooms are usually about twice as filthy i'm a nightshift janitor and i can say at least where i work this is true.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 12:40:49 PM »
You know that feeling you get when you sit down to take a **** in a public restroom, and your dong touches the front edge of the toilet...that's the best feeling in the world.

obligatory response/put-down: I throw mine over my shoulder to avoid just that.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 01:25:45 PM »
I'm going to show self control and not post my responses because they sound mean.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 02:33:43 PM »

Agreed.  I was in Rome earlier this year.  Not only do many toilets cost 1 Euro (that's like, what $1.50 to take a piss?!!) but they often don't even have seats!  You have to take a **** sitting directly on the porcelain!  I also noticed a lot of them auto-flush.  I don't mean you get off the can and it flushes automatically with a sensor.  I mean it is flushing the entire time.  So it splashes back and it feels like you're shitting in a bidet with water constantly splashing you in the ass.  I am in shock that they have the gall to charge for said bathrooms.  Everytime I used one I would tell my Dad afterwards "you know if they tried this pay toilet crap in America, especially with THESE toilets, I'll bet people would just piss and **** on the floor in front of the bathroom out of protest."

One thing that was kind of funny is that Rome's toilets were filthy but the Vatican's were spotless and all FREE.

I'm convinced that Europeans put up with it due to ignorance of the superior public washroom situation in North America.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 03:27:32 PM »
In the US, someone would probably pay the first time, then prop the door open so that everyone could defile the bathroom with excrement, urine, phone numbers, funny stories/saying, drawing and gang markings.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
In the US, someone would probably pay the first time, then prop the door open so that everyone could defile the bathroom with excrement, urine, phone numbers, funny stories/saying, drawing and gang markings.
Please, I feel insulted by this.
Pay the first time...
In the US we will just defeat the security measures even if it would be cheaper to do with your approach.  Though I figure its probably nothing that a good Crowbar couldn't handle.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 03:52:52 PM »
But someone would end up paying, and while they were in there, the next person in line would catch the door before it shut and then starts the cycle of defilement.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 09:19:14 PM »
I'm going to show self control and not post my responses because they sound mean.

do it! do it! do it!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 11:18:30 AM »

do it! do it! do it!
Its nice to see the kids toilets still get adult play.

obligatory response/put-down: I throw mine over my shoulder to avoid just that.
Well that explains the Wiggle in your title but, its not that impressive when your really a pixie.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 01:07:57 PM »

HAHAHaAHAHA that's hilarious for so many reasons, but mainly because a friend of mine and I were in a Tenacious D like mode the other night and made a song about just that.

*Reggae melody*

My dick hit the toilet lid...whaooh
I was just trying to take a ****...whaooh
There was no toilet paper....naooooh
There was no toilet paper...no no no no no

black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 04:23:56 PM »

HAHAHaAHAHA that's hilarious for so many reasons, but mainly because a friend of mine and I were in a Tenacious D like mode the other night and made a song about just that.

*Reggae melody*

My dick hit the toilet lid...whaooh
I was just trying to take a ****...whaooh
There was no toilet paper....naooooh
There was no toilet paper...no no no no no

ahhhh....this is life

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 03:07:01 PM »
"How well you do at the game is entirely in your hands, so to speak."
http://news.yahoo.com/worlds-first-pee-controlled-video-game-opens-london-024602073.html

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 05:01:16 PM »
But someone would end up paying, and while they were in there, the next person in line would catch the door before it shut and then starts the cycle of defilement.

Maybe, but I should also add that in France you also had to provide your own toilet paper and wet wipes.  Sure, you could bypass the door costs, but it wouldn't do you much good once you got in there unless you were prepared.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 12:42:16 AM »
Three-fourths of Americans with mobile phones say they use them in the bathroom, a new study shows.
http://news.yahoo.com/most-workers-admit-using-phone-bathroom-174401852.html

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 12:39:57 AM »
Canadian tourist trapped in New Zealand automated public toilet.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6454336/Trapped-tourist-suffers-toilet-terrors

"The rest of the area is beautiful, but I won't go near that toilet again, I tell you."

"It's like being caught between the devil and the deep sea."

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 01:35:17 AM »
Guitar Pee urinal turns user into a music whiz <headline winner

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/guitar-pee-urinal-turns-user-music-whiz-205431422.html

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 02:51:03 AM »
This is a troll thread right?  :confused;
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 08:50:52 AM »
No, it's the best thread ever.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 08:34:07 PM »
Not news, but I recently discovered I am the king of public toilets due to my martial arts training!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
Go on.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 10:09:38 PM »
Did you beat somebody up at the urinals? Were they allowed to zip up first?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 01:04:06 AM »
Hahahaha! "Go on" man that's funny!

Well this past Monday I was teaching a lesson at the beach and during one of the exercises I inhaled a flying insect. I saw it at the corner of my eye, but I swear it just flew down my throat on purpose.  Don't know what it was but the following days I had major rumbles in my stomach. It continued until today actually. But it was yesterday while teaching a private lesson, I discovered my horse stance was at a perfect height to hover over the public beach toilets with ease. It was like I was sitting down, not just squatting, yet nothing was physically touching me and it was as easy as chewing gum.

If I didn't swallow that insect(probably poisonous) I would have never discovered my new abilities. You might call me the true spider-man, or at the very least an American hero.

Sorry if you expected me to fight someone or smash a toilet. Every time I get into a confrontation in the wild it always get's settled peacefully. :(
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:06:38 AM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 03:46:35 AM »
lol Cate-man, great story. If you have more from your cater-killing experiences, please post them here

\/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 12:26:11 PM »
Can we talk the spoken/unspoken Men's Room etiquette here?

Just a few rules that I happened to notice that I've never actually seen written down, and some that all of us should already know.

1. Never piss at the urinal next to someone else unless you have no choice. Always leave a space, and if available, you may take an open stall, especially if there are no dividers between urinals.

2. No idle conversation while doing your business. Don't stand next to me and have a conversation while exposed and handling yourself. It's awkward for all involved.

3. If you walk into the bathroom and someone is using a stall for #2, then don't hang out in the bathroom for no reason. Do what you came in to do and leave. The person in the stall is likely waiting patiently for a moment when the bathroom is not occupied to exit the stall and not have to take blame for the stench. Don't force them to do the walk of shame.

4. If you are the person in the stall dropping stink bombs, courtesy flush before you wipe. Other people entering and leaving the bathroom don't want to smell your stink just as much as you don't want to have to do the walk of shame and own up to it.

I'm sure there is more some of you would like to add

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 01:15:06 PM »
Is it a violation of a bro code to strike up a conversation with a bro as you're walking in the room and he's at a stall?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 02:36:10 PM »
Is it a violation of a bro code to strike up a conversation with a bro as you're walking in the room and he's at a stall?

That depends on what you mean by stall. Nature of relationship changes everything though. Now if you walk up to the stall knowing he is in there taking a deuce, and just try to have a conversation, then yes that's a violation. Walking in a generally addressing him because you knew he was in there, not so much.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 04:55:16 PM »
Well this past Monday I was teaching a lesson at the beach and during one of the exercises I inhaled a flying insect. I saw it at the corner of my eye, but I swear it just flew down my throat on purpose.

Use Haki next time to steer it away from you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 09:12:26 AM »
If you walk into a bathroom with say, 5 urinals, and the first and last are in use (as they should be in a case where 2 dudes are pissing in a 5 urinal bathroom), then you must take the middle urinal. If you are the fourth dude to walk in and it's like this - dude pissing, empty, dude pissing, empty, dude pissing - then you must take urinal #2.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 09:56:26 AM »
1. Never piss at the urinal next to someone else unless you have no choice. Always leave a space, and if available, you may take an open stall, especially if there are no dividers between urinals.
Here is a game about proper Urinal Etiquette

Offline Jomari

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 04:31:48 AM »

Agreed.  I was in Rome earlier this year.  Not only do many toilets cost 1 Euro (that's like, what $1.50 to take a piss?!!) but they often don't even have seats!  You have to take a **** sitting directly on the porcelain!  I also noticed a lot of them auto-flush.  I don't mean you get off the can and it flushes automatically with a sensor.  I mean it is flushing the entire time.  So it splashes back and it feels like you're shitting in a bidet with water constantly splashing you in the ass.  I am in shock that they have the gall to charge for said bathrooms.  Everytime I used one I would tell my Dad afterwards "you know if they tried this pay toilet crap in America, especially with THESE toilets, I'll bet people would just piss and **** on the floor in front of the bathroom out of protest."

One thing that was kind of funny is that Rome's toilets were filthy but the Vatican's were spotless and all FREE.

I'm convinced that Europeans put up with it due to ignorance of the superior public washroom situation in North America.

Is that so? That would mean that we need to get a payday loan for our toilet allowance if we have any plans going to Europe.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

Just a few rules that I happened to notice that I've never actually seen written down, and some that all of us should already know.

2. No idle conversation while doing your business. Don't stand next to me and have a conversation while exposed and handling yourself. It's awkward for all involved.

3. If you walk into the bathroom and someone is using a stall for #2, then don't hang out in the bathroom for no reason. Do what you came in to do and leave. The person in the stall is likely waiting patiently for a moment when the bathroom is not occupied to exit the stall and not have to take blame for the stench. Don't force them to do the walk of shame.

4. If you are the person in the stall dropping stink bombs, courtesy flush before you wipe. Other people entering and leaving the bathroom don't want to smell your stink just as much as you don't want to have to do the walk of shame and own up to it.

I have another one to add.

5. If you go into the bathroom and there are no properly spaced open urinals and/or there are no dividers, you are allowed to use the stalls.
But if there is a line of people waiting for a stall, and you just need to take a piss, then get over your penis envy , man up and use the urinal. No one is trying to look at your tiny member, and if it is so small that you are embarrassed someone might see it, dont be, it's too small, no one can see it. No one should have to suffer in the line for stalls because you're afraid you dont measure up.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »
What if you just want to go and sit down even just for #1? Sometimes I need to sit and think, alone, every now and then.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2012, 06:52:16 PM »

I have another one to add.

5. If you go into the bathroom and there are no properly spaced open urinals and/or there are no dividers, you are allowed to use the stalls.

I have to disagree on this 100%, unless there are multiple stalls and not that crowded. The last thing I want if I have to go #2 is to walk into the bathroom and find some douche pissing in it when their is a urinal free.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2012, 08:29:22 PM »
What if you just want to go and sit down even just for #1? Sometimes I need to sit and think, alone, every now and then.

Do that when you get home.
When in public, pee like a man, not a woman.
I have to disagree on this 100%, unless there are multiple stalls and not that crowded. The last thing I want if I have to go #2 is to walk into the bathroom and find some douche pissing in it when their is a urinal free.
if you take the entire statement in context it would imply a busy bathroom would require you to man up.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2012, 10:38:03 PM »
You have a vagina.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 01:35:09 AM »
I was afraid you would say that.

Guess I need to find a gynocologist...

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »

You have a vagina.

I sometimes sit down to piss if I also have to sh!t and fart.

EDIT: What's with this stupid censoring? Some swear words get censored, while others don't?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »
It depends on your settings, you can turn it off.

Anyways, if you have to **** then of course you will sit (unless the toilet is nasty, then you squat).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 11:30:17 PM »
You can turn off the swear filter in your profile. I usually forget there is one until someone mentions it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2012, 03:30:31 AM »
I went to a restaurant/pub the other day and the unfortunate problem was that the stall would not shut. It was the only one they had, but thankfully I didn't have to go too bad.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2012, 03:59:11 PM »
Woman super glued to toilet seat in Kentucky Walmart

Police are investigating this matter, I can't tell if it's a prank or not.

http://www.lex18.com/news/woman-super-glued-to-toilet-seat-in-wayne-county-walmart/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:00:57 PM by Zap »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2012, 07:38:10 PM »
Prank or not, it is hilarious.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »
What a nasty lady.

why was she sitting her bare ass on a public toilet seat in the first place?

edit:
I guess the good thing to come out of this is that she won't have to worry about sitting bare ass on any toilet seat again, since she always brings her own.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:00:33 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
This is why I only **** in the sink at Wal-Mart.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
Even if you wake up in the middle of the night and have to go?

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2012, 08:43:11 PM »
ONLY IN WAL-MART SINKS. ONLY.

They are open 24 hours, after all. And who the hell wakes up in the middle of the night and has to poop?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »
What if you are suffering gastrointestinal issues from some unhygienic fast food?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »
Eerrrr, America **** yeah?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
America, sometimes things get a little shitty.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2012, 06:43:33 PM »
Why are certain swear words censored on here, but words like "fucking" and "shitty" are left visible for all to see (even the little kiddies)? (The word f.u.c.k. is censored, but "fucking" isn't?)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:45:06 PM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2012, 06:53:23 PM »
kiddie

celda

..weak

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2012, 06:58:17 PM »
kiddie

celda

..weak

What? I wasn't talking about Zelda. I was simply asking why certain swear words are censored ("f.u.c.k.") while others aren't ("fucking"). You can't spell "fucking" without f.u.c.k.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2012, 07:00:06 PM »
The words Stogi said used to be filtered by the forums, which is why he said what he did.

J.P. Corbran

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »
Never knew there was such a thing as a "toilet plant" but there are some in Borneo:

http://news.yahoo.com/glowing-mushrooms-stalk-eyed-bugs-plant-toilet-found-172813252.html

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2012, 08:13:15 PM »
This has to be one of the grossest medical 'cures' I've ever heard of... but it was effective for 46 out of 49 patients :- O

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2012, 10:32:40 PM »
I had diarrhea earlier. There, I contributed to this thread.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2012, 12:00:36 AM »
This has to be one of the grossest medical 'cures' I've ever heard of... but it was effective for 46 out of 49 patients :- O

I have heard of this before, although it was still in the early stages of testing. It was on one of their podcasts. They're Australian, and they make funny podcasts... about science, and not so science.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2013, 05:53:24 PM »
WHAT!?!?!!?!??!??!?!?!??
HOW?!?!?!??!!??!!?
WHY!?!?!??!?!??!?!!?!!?!??!!??!??!!?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »

Not so fast, say scientists...

Small studies like these often show very strong treatment effects that don't hold up in larger studies, Van Schooneveld said. That's because, when you have a small number of people, small differences between the two groups can skew the results, he said.

Can't decide what's funnier, the mickey mouse'd way they did their study or the name Van Schooneveld.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »
iPotty with Built-In Activity Stand
For ages 18 months and up!
$34.98

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »

I wonder how the 3 out of 49 people it didn't work for feel about this treatment.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »
I wonder if Lucario's **** is blue?
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2013, 04:54:36 PM »
I wonder if Lucario's **** is blue?
only if they have severe medical conditions (either physical or mental) ;)

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2013, 11:55:12 PM »
Just when you think it can't get any worse. I'm sorry folks, I just don't know what to say anymore:

Toilet cafes, apparently a fad in Taiwan, are about to arrive in California.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2013, 12:47:48 AM »
I can't wait for that fad to **** the bed.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2013, 08:55:28 AM »
I don't want to eat a meal in a room where other people may be taking a ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2013, 12:15:57 PM »
I was going to say, can't wait till the restaurant is packed and some jack ass decides to BLOW UP the whole restaurant by take a monster dump at his seat while continuing to eat.

The toilet seats should not go up and instead should just serve as cushions. The lid should still go up to serve as a back rest.

But if someone stands up to wipe their ass (which I didn't see any toilet paper at the tables) while everyone else is eating (and I hope that was just a joke by the owner), then consider this place done.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2013, 10:19:03 PM »
Warning: science facts ahead!

Giant prehistoric toilet unearthed: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25126333

The Physics of Peeing, and How to Avoid Splash-Back: http://www.livescience.com/41107-physics-of-peeing-and-splash-back.html

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2013, 10:10:25 PM »
No fat chicks!

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »
http://gma.yahoo.com/toilet-unclogger-could-greatest-plumbing-invention-since-plunger-203402236--abc-news-house-and-home.html

Some sort of plastic sealing screen that goes over the toilet to... I think I'd rather stick with a plunger, but thanks anyways South Korea.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2014, 01:22:06 PM »
I guess I should have put this story in here from the start....

2 Dead, 3 Injured in attempt to save new cell phone from Public Toilet

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2014, 01:47:41 PM »
What an interesting idea for discussion...

I was going to say, can't wait till the restaurant is packed and some jack ass decides to BLOW UP the whole restaurant by take a monster dump at his seat while continuing to eat.

The toilet seats should not go up and instead should just serve as cushions. The lid should still go up to serve as a back rest.

But if someone stands up to wipe their ass (which I didn't see any toilet paper at the tables) while everyone else is eating (and I hope that was just a joke by the owner), then consider this place done.

I'm out! :O

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2014, 02:29:39 PM »
23 Places You Absolutely Must Poop Before You Die

http://news.distractify.com/megan-mccormick/17-places-you-absolutely-must-poop-before-you-die/?v=1

Some of these are to die for, but the others are just gross.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2014, 07:39:13 PM »
I didn't click the link, but you say 23, the link says 17... who to believe!!?

I'll read this on the toilet later.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2014, 11:06:32 PM »
That list is incomplete unless it includes my wife's chest.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2014, 04:16:53 PM »
omg brandogg.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2014, 04:49:26 PM »
That list is incomplete unless it includes my wife's chest.

OMG, I was going to add that to my original response. But I wasn't sure if you were cool with me calling out your wife like that.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2015, 01:13:46 PM »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »
Welp....need to forward this to at least a couple people.

"Sitzpinkler" Classic.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2015, 01:29:52 PM »
My wife was watching Black-ish and they explained the Universal Urinal Code.  My wife thought it was just a joke.  I had to tell her that no.  That's actually a thing.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2015, 04:18:08 PM »
and how did they explain this "universal urinal code"?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2015, 04:20:37 PM »
You know it. We all know it. If there's an abundance empty urinals, don't piss right next to the dude using one.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2015, 04:28:29 PM »
You know it. We all know it. If there's an abundance empty urinals, don't piss right next to the dude using one.

It's amazing how some guys either still don't know it or just ignorantly break that code. What makes them want to pee next to somebody? Are they that desperate for human interaction and contact?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2015, 05:44:16 PM »

It's amazing how some guys either still don't know it or just ignorantly break that code. What makes them want to pee next to somebody? Are they that desperate for human interaction and contact?

in a whispered voice
::wait till you see my "ooohhh", wait till you see my "aaahhhh"::

some men just want to know what the big deal is ;) ...pun intended.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2015, 08:40:10 PM »
It goes deeper than that. For example if you wal into the bathroom from the left and there are 5 urinals, but 3 are in use, like this (how they should be, where X represents a urinal being used and U represents an open urinal):
X U X U X
then the proper urimal to use is always the one closest to the door, so it would be like this:
X X X U X
otherwise you are a total creep.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile

Offline Ponch

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »
Akron police searching for “mystery pooper” caught in the act

http://fox8.com/2015/03/11/akron-police-searching-for-mystery-pooper-caught-in-the-act/

Need your help, citizens!

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2015, 01:35:02 AM »
An in-depth follow up to the classic "sitzpinkler" story (seriously, this one goes into Europe, history, Islam, and the Victorian era: http://www.vice.com/read/how-pissing-siting-down-become-a-thing-for-men-456

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2015, 11:00:38 PM »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2015, 01:59:48 AM »
Wasn't sure where I should post this so I guess I'll dump it here...

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2016, 01:34:45 PM »
That time they used the Thames River for a toitey
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2015/07/great-stink-1858/

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2016, 05:02:41 PM »
China plans 'toilet revolution' to boost tourism

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-economy-tourism-idUSKBN14G0BN

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2017, 01:05:02 PM »
Omg Hasbro. What is wrong with you. This is the worst take on the pieface game imaginable:
https://twitter.com/HasbroNews/status/824746937584848896

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »
Hasbro has been keeping up with current affairs.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2017, 07:03:30 PM »

haven't watched yet but i bet it's good

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2017, 02:42:44 AM »
Its an hour long. I'll save it for my next visit to the porcelain throne.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2017, 02:45:29 AM »
Great! Then afterwards, you may want to consult your doctor about your hour long bathroom sessions. You don't have to suffer in silence, my friend. Well, at least the silence in between all the grunting I'm assuming you have to make during that time. Assuming. How do I do it?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2017, 01:58:24 AM »
Great! Then afterwards, you may want to consult your doctor about your hour long bathroom sessions. You don't have to suffer in silence, my friend. Well, at least the silence in between all the grunting I'm assuming you have to make during that time. Assuming. How do I do it?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2017, 02:41:05 AM »

80% of Americans? Heavens to Betsy, this forum must be full of hemorrhoid sufferers!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2017, 03:14:25 AM »
My brother has that problem, but he doesn't go to a treatment center with a catchy jingle. He goes to one where the jingle is, "Boom. Boom. Your butt hurts. Boom. Boom. Tough."

Doesn't really have a good melody, nor is it very inviting.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »
Maybe it needs a second verse. That's what I always say. I always tell people, "If your hemorrhoid treatment center jingle doesn't tingle, give it a second push." You can quote me on that if you want.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2017, 08:08:54 PM »
This is sound advice. Do you want to be included in the citation?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2017, 11:27:18 PM »
no way. im not on this forum for the fame.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2017, 01:22:30 AM »
Thanks to all my hard work on this thread (and Mark Zuckerburg's creepiness), this little gem showed up in my facebook feed:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2017, 03:13:40 AM »
Maybe it needs a second verse. That's what I always say. I always tell people, "If your hemorrhoid treatment center jingle doesn't tingle, give it a second push." You can quote me on that if you want.

HAHAHA OMG
I can't stop laughing at that jingle.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2017, 09:57:20 PM »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2017, 06:08:20 PM »
Coming back from a trip to HongKong and the toilets are pretty harsh most the time with one or two being unusable. Cost to build the said toilets have little baring on quality. Access is also an issue. It use to be a lot worse as you has to beg/but access to one.

There are some horror ones where you just don't know how this happened.

Seoul incheon international is quite good if not a little busy.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2017, 12:30:39 AM »
Thanks Oohhboy it's always good to hear toilet roundups from all across the globe. I wonder if a travel book has already been written on this subject. :confused;

If not, "Turds in Space" has a good ring to it:

During Apollo 10, when Tom Stafford, Gene Cernan, and John Young orbited the Moon, it seems a few "turds" may have eluded containment. Alan Boyle uncovered the smelly situation whilst reviewing the declassified mission logs, and brought it to light over at NBC's Cosmic Log:

"Give me a napkin, quick," Stafford says. "There's a turd floating through the air."

"I didn't do it," Young says. "It ain't one of mine."

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2017/03/03/why_space_travel_can_be_absolutely_disgusting.html

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2017, 01:55:38 AM »
Anything you want to tell us, Gene?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2017, 01:24:47 AM »
It Was Once Someone’s Job to Chat With the King While He Used the Toilet

“Groom of the Stool” could be a crappy role, but it came with great benefits.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/king-toilet-attendant-england

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2017, 01:14:46 AM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2017, 10:22:34 AM »
Toilet shaped Mug on Amazon
Price: $12.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SQG4TU/ref=strm_fun_79_nad_39_4

Imagine with chocolate nuggets floating in your coffee.
Would look so delicious.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2017, 12:59:08 PM »
Fill it with Mountain Dew.
My Game Collection

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2017, 01:11:28 PM »
Consider this a "lunch warning"

130-tonne 'monster fatberg' clogs London sewer

Sewage workers have found a 130-tonne ball of congealed fat -- dubbed a "monster fatberg" -- clogging a Victorian-era sewer in London, utility company Thames Water said Tuesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/130-tonne-monster-fatberg-clogs-london-sewer-151433189.html

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2017, 08:01:50 PM »
Coming back from a trip to HongKong and the toilets are pretty harsh most the time with one or two being unusable. Cost to build the said toilets have little baring on quality. Access is also an issue. It use to be a lot worse as you has to beg/but access to one.

There are some horror ones where you just don't know how this happened.

Seoul incheon international is quite good if not a little busy.

That's too bad about Hong Kong toilets.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2017, 08:26:04 PM »

Sewage workers have found a 130-tonne ball of congealed fat -- dubbed a "monster fatberg" -- clogging a Victorian-era sewer in London, utility company Thames Water said Tuesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/130-tonne-monster-fatberg-clogs-london-sewer-151433189.html

Not sure how body shaming the clog is helping anything.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2017, 10:21:11 PM »

Not sure how body shaming the clog is helping anything.
The writer of the article is math illiterate or just illiterate.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2017, 04:36:25 PM »
How did they weigh that thing?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2017, 05:58:27 PM »
What a shitty job.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2017, 09:38:12 PM »
People, DO NOT flush those stupid wipes. They say they disintegrate, but only in a perfect world...

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2017, 09:55:08 PM »
Screw that, I want a clean ass.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2017, 12:32:49 AM »
You can use them, just throw them in the trash.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2017, 02:44:35 AM »
Use like one. Clean up the majority with normal toilet paper and finish with a wipe.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2017, 01:39:10 PM »
Use like one. Clean up the majority with normal toilet paper and finish with a wipe.

*reads oohhboy's sig*

*strokes chin*

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2017, 01:47:38 AM »

*reads oohhboy's sig*

*strokes chin*
It's like wiping your ass with silk.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2017, 01:06:39 AM »
It's reusable toilet paper that cleans itself!

That's where that post belongs and not in the science thread.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2017, 05:05:14 PM »
People spend more time sitting on the toilet each week than exercising, study finds
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/24/people-spend-time-sitting-toilet-week-exercising-study-finds/

this is in the UK so they're living on a tiny island and they have an excuse but w/e

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2017, 11:30:01 PM »
Constipation? Laziness? or is everyone over there just playing that Layton game on their phones?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2017, 05:07:43 PM »
Man’s 8-Story Fall Cushioned By Port-A-Potty

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/28/gaylord-hotel-worker-potty-fall/

Saw that on Home Improvement

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2017, 12:22:47 AM »
http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/japans-bathroom-ghosts?

Get to Know Your Japanese Bathroom Ghosts

In Japanese folklore, there are a number of spirits rumored to appear in bathrooms. Some reach out from the insides of toilets; others whisper through the stall walls. Each one has its own grim story and particular behavior, but they all share a connection to the bathroom.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2017, 12:41:46 AM »
Scientists say $1.8 million worth of gold is flushed down Swiss sewers every year

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-1-8-million-worth-095704440.html

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2017, 12:16:14 AM »
Stone toilet discovered in a gate-shrine in Israel referenced in the Bible.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2018, 12:57:25 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/01/09/snuggle-robots-and-talking-toilets-ces-2018s-wildest-gadgets/?utm_term=.ce74abe927ad

latest and greatest from CES 2018: Kohler Numi, an Internet-connected toilet
  • can ask Alexa to flush
  • connects to the Internet and responds to voice commands
  • no microphone on the toilet itself, but there are speakers to play your favorite tunes.
  • keeps track of water usage
  • can ask Alexa (as well as Google Assistant and Apple’s Siri) to lift the seat or activate your favorite bidet spray configuration.
finally does the job women won't do, but I'd hate for someone to dox my toilet!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2018, 01:48:34 PM »
does it measure water displacement so I can track how large my shits are?
what about consistency? and content? I'd like to know if my body is processing what i'm eating properly so that maybe I can change my diet so that my poops are of ideal consistency and weight.

Does it also track how often I poop and what time of day so that I can establish a pattern and plan my day out better so that I don't get caught in the middle of a task with a scheduled poop upcoming?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2018, 02:26:45 PM »
leaderboards. think about it.

leaderboards.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2018, 08:16:09 PM »

leaderboards.

GENIUS!!!!

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2018, 03:15:47 PM »
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/watchdog/sd-me-diamond-convictions-20180119-story.html

Oh, the seedy underworld of the portable toilet business..

"unlawful dumpings saved the company up to $4.1 million between 2012 and 2016"

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »
You missed the bit where they have security guards for the safety of the toilets.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2018, 08:13:09 PM »
You missed the bit where they have security guards for the safety of the toilets.

Presumably the toilets are also there for the security guards though? It's a symbiotic relationship! The guards are basically plover birds in the rotting teeth of the toilet's crocodile.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/04/12/hand-dryers-feces-bacteria-study/

hand dryers are the worst. now they're even worser.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »
Fun fact: I'm taking a dump at LA Fitness right now.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2018, 01:27:17 AM »
Pics or it didn't happen.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2018, 01:28:46 AM »
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/04/12/hand-dryers-feces-bacteria-study/

hand dryers are the worst. now they're even worser.

Agreed. I've always hated hand dryers. A lot of times, I will rip off some toilet paper from a stall and use that to dry my hands instead. I get trying to cut down on waste but hand dryers have always been so useless to me.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2018, 09:22:20 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/kim-jong-un-brings-own-123852984.html

Despite the myth of his ancestors' god-like origins, Kim too is human and needs a restroom—and while some may pack a few toiletries ahead of a trip, Kim has a whole private toilet that travels everywhere he goes, a North Korean defector told The Washington Post.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2018, 04:48:18 PM »
Not an article I thought I would read.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mountain-goats-being-airlifted-national-171800177.html

Mountain Goats Are Being Airlifted Out of a National Park Because They Crave Human Pee

With minerals necessary for their diet scant, the goats have developed a strong predilection for human pee and sweat, which they can find in abundance while foraging through the park's 1,442 square mile domain.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2018, 07:12:12 PM »
Don't they put out Salt licks anymore?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2018, 01:25:58 PM »
Get ready for smart toilets that'll scan your poop using artificial intelligence to save you a trip to the doctor.

That's what Sanjay Mehrotra, chief executive of memory chipmaker Micron Technology, expects as AI spreads to yet another corner of our lives.

https://www.cnet.com/news/ai-toilets-scan-your-poop-to-diagnose-medical-ailments/

AI that screens out spam and recognizes your mom's face is so 2017.

Hey, now. Recognizing your mom's face never goes out of style. :reggie:

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2018, 03:11:22 PM »
#WorldToiletDay is trending on Twitter.

And... -checks notes- Al Jazeera[?!]... has gotten into the holiday spirit!

‏@AJEnglish
"Lovers built the Taj Mahal for their love - but I can’t build a toilet."
This Bollywood movie is all about toilets 🚽 #WorldToiletDay
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1064435609899593730

‏@AJEnglish
No toilet, no wedding 🤷 #WorldToiletDay
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1064454484384870401

‏@AJEnglish
Not all superheros wear capes 🦸🏾‍♂️
Meet Dr Pathak, the man who built over a million toilets in India http://aje.io/z633l   #WorldToiletDay
https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1064420540172169217

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2018, 11:03:02 PM »
This year's World Toilet Day slogan "When Nature Calls..." is a good one, but it doesn't beat their inaugural effort from 2013 - "I give a ****, do you?" - yet, in my books.

Between the 110 million toilets India has planned, and the Chinese toilet revolution, this thread is about to become a lot more popular!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2018, 01:07:11 AM »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2018, 04:23:20 AM »
Tina Fey *LOVE*.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2019, 12:48:20 PM »
https://news.sky.com/story/golden-toilet-by-cattelan-to-be-installed-at-blenheim-palace-11709954

Golden toilet to be installed at Blenheim Palace. Every line in this article is a gem.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2019, 01:38:52 AM »

leaderboards.

You know, I know the obvious stats to track are quantity of visits and quantity of material left behind, but I'm sure all of us try to hit the little scent/cleaner in the urinals. Make it a target and score us on our accuracy. Maybe that will get the assholes who piss on the floor some incentive to actually AIM when they go.
My Game Collection

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2019, 01:01:42 AM »
Literally nobody:           

Scientists: How bout some smart toilets?!

Artificial Intelligence In Your Toilet. Yes, Really!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2019/05/20/artificially-intelligent-toilets-yes-they-are-here/#e1c11d5626df

One toilet seat developed by the Rochester Institute of Technology contains devices that measure blood oxygenation levels, heart rate, and blood pressure to signal when someone is at risk for congestive heart failure.

What if the toilet in your home could monitor your health by analyzing your daily waste?

It's kind of funny how this stuff is creeping into the public consciousness. I'd like to think this thread has been a major contributor to awareness, but the next part is alarming:

Smart toilets could also have an essential role in monitoring public health. With the help of data collected from smart toilets in public spaces in combination with the weather and other data from satellites, it could give global health professionals early warnings of a disease outbreak before it becomes a crisis.

Sounds downright Orwellian. I don't like it. Imagine the zealousness of the anti-smoking crusaders and the socialist health care wackos directing their ire at people for not installing a smart toilet in their home. Call me old fashioned, call me a luddite, but I don't want my toilet info collated with satellite data. A bunch of nerds at the CDC looking over spreadsheets of my toilet history is not the future I want my kids to live in.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2019, 06:13:49 PM »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-toilet-that-vaporizes-your-poo

A Toilet That Vaporizes Your Poo

...Scion Research team turned to a technology that is fairly well known in large-scale applications (it’s used in mining and also sewage treatment), which they think could work well if innovative methods are used to downsize it. The method is called wet oxidation. Essentially, it works by taking waste and adding oxygen and then putting everything under pressure and gently heating it to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

“What would happen in that environment over a period of an hour is that organic material will oxidize. It gets converted to carbon dioxide and water. Just heating under oxygen pressure. It’s quite amazing,” says Gapes. The byproduct is completely sterile—a clear liquid that can be treated and passed through a filtration membrane to produce purified water and an ash that contains a high content of phosphorous, a chemical element used in fertilizer.

There are 2.5 billion people around the world who don’t have access to safe, affordable sanitation systems. That means every time they go to the bathroom they have to put themselves in an unhealthy or dangerous situation.

It’s a problem that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation believes can be solved by innovative technologies.

ugh i don't gates anywhere near my toitey.

Offline stevey

• Young HAWNESS
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2019, 06:57:18 PM »
It gets converted to carbon dioxide and water.

Um.... guys.... we're supporting to be fighting global warming, not speeding it up.

Bill Gates is a big investor in CO2 capture and burial. Looks likes he's trying to increase the market for the 3rd world....\conspiracy theory
My Demands and Declarations:
nVidia is CRAP!!!
BOYCOTT Digest mode and LEGEND OF OO!

Your PM box will be spammed with Girl Link porn! NO EXCEPTION!
Wii want WaveBirds

Stevey Duff
NWR HAWTNESS Inspector
NWR Staff All Powerful Satin!

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2019, 07:16:38 PM »
so
1) bill gates turns poop into cO2
2) then invests in cO2 scrubbers
3) profit?

Sounds like a Bond villain

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »
Sure that sounds good until your toilet runs into the poo screen of death.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2019, 01:03:32 AM »
^ ;D ^

Next, from the aww heck NO file: Snake Rises From Toilet, Bites Florida Man

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/toiletsnake-attacks-189536

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2019, 06:40:25 AM »
That could have turned out worse. It was a ball python after all.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2019, 02:57:39 AM »
https://www.sheboyganpress.com/story/news/2019/07/01/sheboygan-toilet-clogger-sentenced-probation-150-days-jail/1569553001/

Sheboygan serial toilet clogger sentenced to 150 days in jail, probation

Dude. He didn't do it at just one job site, either.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2019, 08:14:24 PM »
https://apnews.com/bf7275bba3dd425ca79dc4f1af47202a

San Francisco curbs waste with public toilets, ‘poop patrol’

If SNL were still funny, they'd make that into a skit.

San Francisco started its “Pit Stop” program in July 2014 with public toilets in the city’s homeless-heavy Tenderloin, after children complained of dodging human waste on their way to school. Today, the staffed bathrooms have grown from three to 25 locations, and the program has expanded to Los Angeles. In May, the toilets in San Francisco recorded nearly 50,000 flushes, all logged by attendants.

Like what, with a clipboard?

Attendants who are paid the city’s minimum wage of $16 an hour check after every use and knock on doors to make sure people are not doing drugs or other illicit activity. The bathrooms must shine or they do not open.

Sacramento, which is in a county where a one-night count of the homeless increased 19% in two years, tried a Pit Stop but stopped after a few months because it cost too much.

Great job libruls! You've made business costs so exorbitant that you can't even pay someone to clean up poop.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2019, 02:49:19 AM »

Offline tomplatz

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2019, 06:24:33 AM »
Hi. It is really weird thread but it can be very helpful if you like traveling. Thanks for the information.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2019, 09:06:50 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/golden-toilet-worth-over-1-163036443.html

Golden Toilet, Worth Over $1 Million, Stolen from Birthplace of Winston Churchill

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2019, 04:59:26 PM »
Churchill had a golden toilet?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2020, 06:37:03 PM »
Is this the ultimate Japanese innovation? Could the world get any worse?

"Loo with a view: transparent public toilets installed in Tokyo parks"

Yes, you read that right.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/18/loo-with-a-view-transparent-public-toilets-installed-in-tokyo-parks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2020, 07:27:04 PM »
Ryan Reynolds but why. gif

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2020, 09:02:24 PM »
I saw those in action on imgur a week or so ago. When you flick the switch on the door to occupied to automatically frosts the glass so no one can see in or out. (Or at least that's what the person inside thinks.... :evil; ). The comment that stuck with me, though, was someone saying that you know these toilets had to be somewhere like Japan because the glass would have been all smashed or tagged with graffiti if it was in the US (although I'd extend that to Canada as well). That comment has stuck with me and is another sad indictment on the negatives of the culture we have. This is why we can't have nice things.  :'(

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2020, 06:11:14 PM »
When you flick the switch on the door to occupied to automatically frosts the glass so no one can see in or out. (Or at least that's what the person inside thinks.... :evil; )

What happens if there's a power outage?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 02, 2020, 11:45:23 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nasa-is-launching-an-experimental-23-million-toilet-to-the-space-station-on-thursday-but-its-designers-worry-it-s-too-stinky/ar-BB19m8tM

On Thursday evening, NASA is sending a new, $23 million toilet to the International Space Station.

It's meant as a test: Astronauts on the ISS will test the toilet out before NASA installs an upgraded version on its Orion spaceship, which is slated to fly a crew to the moon as early as 2023.

But Jason Hutt, the Orion spaceship's engineering lead, said there's still one kink with the UWMS: It's too stinky.

Because Orion is only the length of a small powerboat and must house four waste-expelling adults...

-_-

The tests require human noses, so NASA has "certified sniffers" at its White Sands Test Facility in New Mexico. True to their title, these employees are paid to smell the toilets after they've been used to evaluate whether odor-control measures are working.

This is what scientists are doing instead of solving Covid or inventing hoverboards smh

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2020, 08:12:47 PM »
I imagine the Russian shitter was just fine. Also, each SpaceX Starship will cost about $40 million.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 08:15:36 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #189 on: October 06, 2020, 12:08:39 AM »
More of a "Publicly Funded Toilets" discussion now.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2022, 02:13:24 PM »
The Bathroom of the Future Is Here: From High-Tech Toilets to Self-Filling Tubs

https://www.wsj.com/articles/high-tech-bathroom-11642720799

The Washlet+Totos come with bidet seats and conceal attendant water lines and power cables. Choose the S550e (from $2,111) for an automatically opening and closing lid, catalytic deodorizer, auto-flushing option and a system that pre-mists the spray wand and bowl with electrolyzed water, to cut down on grime. Despite those high tech features, the Drake looks like a toilet, and not, as some high-tech commodes do, “like a pod,” said Ms Kohut. “Not everything has to look futuristic…to function in modern times,” she said.