Author Topic: Ubisoft Bringing Petz Fantasy 3D and Zoo Mania 3D to the Nintendo 3DS  (Read 1984 times)

Offline NWR_MattB

• Score: 1
    • View Profile

Ubisoft is bringing the Petz franchise to the Nintendo 3DS this June. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25860

Today, Ubisoft revealed Petz Fantasy 3D and Zoo Mania 3D for the Nintendo 3DS, both of which are scheduled to release in North America in June.

Petz Fantasy 3D is much like previous games in the series, which appeared on DS, though instead of focusing on dogs or cats, Petz Fantasy 3D allows players to hatch and collect 20 different magical pets. The game plays similarly to Nintendogs+Cats in the sense that it is the player's responsibility to feed, clean, and teach tricks to their pet.

The game also makes use of the cameras of the handheld in an interesting augmented reality way. Ubisoft explains: "Keep them hidden from your parents: teach them to morph into household objects like toasters & lamps, and watch them transform in 3D!"

The second of the two games is Zoo Mania 3D, developed by Marvelous. The game, which is referred to as Animal Resort in Japan, allows players to construct their own zoo, with over 100 animals to put in it. The game also makes use of the 3D camera to take videos and pictures of the animals.

No specific release date has been revealed for either game.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Ubisoft Bringing Petz Fantasy 3D and Zoo Mania 3D to the Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:05:42 PM »
*DING*
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »
*Shakes head*  :(

I really wish Nintendo would simply not give Ubisoft dev kits. Just refuse them no matter what they say they want to put on a Nintendo system. They might present a handful of titles on a system that are decent but they put out far to much crap. Now if they want to waste the money that's okay. However their crap makes it worse for everyone else. It turns off casual buyers as they are more likely to pick up one of their games for themselves or their kids. Their games take away shelf space from more worthwhile games. Their games end up being copied by shovelware developers just taking away even more shelf space. I think Nintendo systems would be far better off if Ubisoft was somehow blacklisted.

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 11:10:26 PM »
*Shakes head*  :(

I really wish Nintendo would simply not give Ubisoft dev kits. Just refuse them no matter what they say they want to put on a Nintendo system. They might present a handful of titles on a system that are decent but they put out far to much crap. Now if they want to waste the money that's okay. However their crap makes it worse for everyone else. It turns off casual buyers as they are more likely to pick up one of their games for themselves or their kids. Their games take away shelf space from more worthwhile games. Their games end up being copied by shovelware developers just taking away even more shelf space. I think Nintendo systems would be far better off if Ubisoft was somehow blacklisted.
Were the previous games really that bad?  I never read any reviews on them since they don't appeal to me, perhaps you could share some insights?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 04:56:06 AM »
*DING*

That's the noise headshots make in Monday Night Combat.