Author Topic: In the dreamtime  (Read 105655 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: In the dreamtime
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 02:39:49 AM »
You mean like how the IGN Game Scoop 'cast shouts out "Scoop!" randomly?

You should send that letter in to them and ask them to randomly shout out bowling like that for you ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 10:35:39 AM »
Stratos: I have not read about your dream yet, but thanks for the reminder! I work my late shift tonight and there are times when the forums seem dead to me, so i'll be able to catch up on this thread when that happens.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 07:23:49 PM »
"never listen to Hobo Jesus"

Sig worthy..
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2009, 03:53:40 AM »
"never listen to Hobo Jesus"

Sig worthy..

I think my subconscious had a stroke of brilliance with that one.
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 10:22:54 AM »
I had a dream afew nights ago I forgot to post about. Nothing too weird this time...

My girlfriend and I show up to a big dinner event at some really fancy place. Turns out the dinner was like this big NWR meetup, so everyones trying to get to know eachother and looks like they're having a good time.. save for on person.

He was sitting at the end of the table all by himself, but decided to come over and hit on my gf! This person was just being very obnoxious, and rude, everyone around us saw how uncomortable we were, especially my girlfriend.

Eventually you guys all had my back and we talked him into calming down and going back to his seat. My girlfriend looks at me and asks "who was that?"

I saig "ugh.. 'Spike"

Dream over

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »
That was expected.

What was I doing?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2009, 02:23:55 PM »
Spike...do we even have a Spike?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2009, 04:06:15 PM »
TJ Spike. He has the Stewie avatar.

I actually had a crazy dream a few days ago that was a cross between Underworld, Twilight the Gargoyles cartoon and other random things like Spider-man and Lost thrown in for confusion's sake. I was so baffled by it that I didn't even try to write it down. Half of it was too fuzzy anyway.

I could turn into the vampire/gargoyle thing and I went into this blood thirsty psycho madness when I turned. But I learned how to control it and saved some people. I then had to lead them on a Lost/Survivor type competition and was using my powers to make sure we all lived and won the 'game'. It was weird.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2009, 05:11:49 PM »
There are a few Spikes on the board. T.J. Spike and Mystic Spike. I suspect EasyCure is talking about MysticSpike.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2009, 05:14:18 PM »
I forgot about MysticSpike because he only pops on every once in a while. I was thinking that it was out of character for TJ.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2009, 06:29:55 PM »
The only dream that I've had that involved forums peoples happened about a month ago and though they don't play a big part at all, it's still one of the coolest dreams I've ever had.

It started out with me in the bathroom fixin' a tie of a James Bond like tux. I hear a shout outside from my girlfriend girl #1 wanting to see how I look. I reply back to her and step out. I look around and wonder where the hell I am. It's a house, but there are streams, trees and flowers everywhere. She walks up wearing some sexy japanese gown with no shoulders and a big bow tie in back, and compliments me as she straightens my tie. She then takes me by the arm and leads me to a huge ballroom full of people. I look around the room and can't help but be impressed. There are waterfalls, a giant skylight filled by the moon, torches and lights, and a 60's Big Band. It was surreal.

I soon realize what I'm doing there; it's my oldest and dearest friend's birthday. We greet with hugs and start getting into our normal craziness. He hands me a martini, excuses us from the ladies, and drags me to the end of the room where a crowd was taking bets. The crowd parts and we make our way to the edge of the ring to watch what was happening. It was so strange. He asks me for a stack, so I hand it to him. "A thousand on the lion!" He yells. I still have no idea what the **** is going on, but I soon stop caring as the ring cover slowly draws back to reveal something so crazy awesome. Everyone was cheering as a tiny damn near toy sized lion began to stalk an equally tiny gazelle through a miniature safari. It didn't take long for the gazelle to noticed the lion's presence. The lion pounced and barely missed the gazelle's hide. (Everybody was like "OOH!") It continued to be a close chase until the lion split off, running up a huge boulder full of trees. No one could see her. The gazelle, still dashing, ran along the boulder but eventually cut around it. That's when the lion out of NOWHERE jumped off the boulder and dive tackled the gazelle. The whole crowd gasped and then erupted in laughter and cheers!

After I stopped weeping from laughter, he handed me my winnings and told me to go get the women and meet him at the bottom of the waterfall. Still chuckling, I approach the girls and explain to them to follow me.

We meet up and start walking through what was damn near a jungle. Crossing a river full of glowing stepping stones, we finally arrive at this metal sphere. We walk up the stairs and he opens the door-like hatch and tells me to step to edge of it. I look through the door to see all sorts of champagne bottles and lights attached to the wall inside. Incredible, I thought. Before I even have a chance to ask him what it was, he pushes me in. I fall but soon realize that this dome has no gravity! He pulls in the women and they all scream as they jump in. We all started laughing uncontrollably.

It felt so weird. I was instantly completely relaxed.

I took off my jacket and shoes, loosened my tie and sleeves and started to swim to the bottom. Once there I grabbed a bottle, shook it up and pop it. "WHAAAAAAAAA!" I screamed as I flew across the room. Eventually hitting the other side with a giant thud. My friend shook his head and then swam to a control panel on the opposite wall and started changing the lights. He eventually left it on a setting that has the lights kinda of ebb and flow out of different mixtures of color.

We're all laughing and screaming when I notice I'm getting a call. It's EasyCure. I put it on speakerphone and let it float around as I talked into it. He said he was just getting into town and needs directions. I let him know where it's at and how crazy this **** is. During the convo Black N Mild calls asking me the same thing. I tell him how to get here and what to do to get in. I hang up and grab another bottle, shake it up, pop it then immediately spin it to watch a galaxy like flow of suds spray from it. I hear another pop and see my girlfriend fly across the room towards me. She rams into me and we both laugh. We wrestle and tease each other. I make a mad dash to the nearest bottle and she follows suit. We both grab bottles, shake them up and pop them as we hold each other and twirl and twirl and twirl around faster and faster. The lights transformed into a color unseen, and it made the champagne radiate like brilliant little stars.

I was the coolest thing I've never experienced.

That's when I heard my music playing. I woke up to realize it was the ringtone from my phone. It was my girlfriend. I bitch her out for having woke me up in the middle of one my best dreams, but then she reciprocated telling me I was late for lunch with her parents. ****.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 08:33:08 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »
That was awesome. Sounds almost like something out of a movie.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2009, 08:35:58 PM »
Odd...that's the second time someone has said that.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »
I forgot about MysticSpike because he only pops on every once in a while. I was thinking that it was out of character for TJ.

Maxi would be correct. I don't think i even know TJ Spike. It fit MysticSpike's slightly annoying personality, and i felt bad that we gave him such a hard time (in the dream..and here i guess) but he was just SOOOOO obnoxious. He's probably a good kid, just needs to be guided.

Maxi, I don't know what you were doing in the dream, it wasn't all that vivid. I just know it was a gathering of our lil "family" here and its not like we wore name tags saying "Hi, my name is:" or anything, we just kinda mingled. MysticSpike was the only one i mentioned by name because, somehow in the course of the dream i realized who he was as he was hitting on my gf. No other usernames were uttered though.

Stogi,, that sounds like an epic dream. Hilarious that BnM and I were there (well, we going there) too. Oh and I told you to pick girl #2! lol

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2009, 05:20:35 PM »
Oh and I told you to pick girl #2! lol

lol. I'm glad you caught that.

To be completely honest, even though I decided, I lied to her to keep her around....

Yeah...I'm worthless.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2009, 03:33:30 PM »
Oh and I told you to pick girl #2! lol

lol. I'm glad you caught that.

To be completely honest, even though I decided, I lied to her to keep her around....

Yeah...I'm worthless.

You're not worthwhile.

A cookie to the person that catches the general reference here
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:35:31 PM by EasyCure »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2009, 05:07:59 PM »
Harold and Kumar?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2009, 05:34:43 PM »
Would you like EXPLICATIVE baked into your cookie? ;)

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2009, 05:50:14 PM »
Would I?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2010, 05:16:33 AM »
Well I had a dream that I remembered.That doesn't happen often so I will post it.

I was on a
football team as a running back. We needed 85 yards for the touchdown to win it. The 6 points would make us win by 1. There was 15 seconds left.So in this situation one would expect a Hail Mary so we ran it instead. So I get the ball and I make it past the line of scrimage.There are a few defenders down the field 10 and 20 yards down the field from where I am. one of them try to go for my feet.I leap over him and I leap over him and I leap so far that I am heading to the last defender down the field. At this point I am still in the air and I am heading towards this guy and it looks like I am going to land right into him but I somehow make it so that I am upside down and I use one of my hands and I push off his helmet with my hand and then float another 10 yards then run into the endzone and win the game for my team.

I take this dream to mean that there isn't anything that is going to stop me from completing my goals.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:59:53 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2010, 06:07:22 AM »
I dreamed a few nights ago that my girlfriend was kidnapped by some crazy gangsters similar to the rank 50 boss in No More Heroes 2 and I 'assembled a crack team of pizza delivery commandos' consisting of people I worked with to break into their base and rescue her using pizza making equipment and bazookas. At one point I punched through the windshield of an oncoming speeding sports car and wrestled the driver. It was freaking bizarre. No more No More Heroes late at night before bed for me.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2010, 03:37:08 PM »
hahaha you guys are hilarious

I had a dream last night that I was apart of a british crime family. And for some reason, everyone, including me, spoke in a british accent. As I'm writing this, I can't help but say the words as if I were Ricky Gervais.

Anyway, my first or most likely next assignment was to find this woman, ya. This woman supposedly knew too much about our operations and I was suppose to find her and kill her. So I set out with my partner, who by the way was really hyped about seeing that new movie with John Travolta; almost annoyingly so. I swear, this fucker wouldn't stop going on about it.
"You know they said it was his best character since 'Pulp Fiction'? Since bloody Pulp Fiction!"
I began to think to myself "Obviously these critics haven't seen Face/Off or Swordfish."
He was like "I hope we find her before 9:30."
I replied "What the **** is so important about 9:30?" and he said "I've already bought my tickets. I don't want them to go to waste. Look, I bought one for you as well."

After an annoyingly long chat, we finally hit up the woman's apartment and she's not there. We begin ransacking her place looking for clues of her whereabouts when we hear a loud screech coming from the parking lot. I look out the window and yell "It's her!" We quickly run outside to see her ramming into our car and completely fucking it up. Then she pulls away, floors it, and runs a red light.

I call the boss and tell him what happened. For some reason, I was expecting him to be british or at least has a british accent, but instead he was Jamaican. Too be honest, I think I was working for Sampson Simpson! Anyway, he sends us a car and tells us to come back for a debriefing. "****!" I look and see my partner looking at his tickets. I grab them and rip them up.

On the way back I tell my partner to drop me off at my car. He asks me why and I tell him to go **** himself, thats why. I just need a drink, thats all.

I drive up to my favorite spot, an irish pub. I walk in and say what's up to Tony, the italian barkeep (which was also weird). I look up at the soccer game and see that Arsenal is winning against Chelsea. I yell at Tony to pour me up a carbomb in commemoration. He's like "I'll do you one better. I'll take one with you." I fake an irish accent and say "At a boy."

We cheers our drinks to Arsenal and take them down. As soon as I look back up, I see the fucking woman I'm searching for exiting the bathroom. She was walking out ultra slow with sunglasses and hoody, but even with that 'disguise' I knew it was her. "**** me" I mutter to myself. I set my glass down, wait till she has sat down and walk over. In slow mo, I'm thinking "Do I just pop her now? Naw...even these people wouldn't turn a blind eye to that." Instead I pull out my desert eagle and place it on her back and tell her to slowly get up and not to try anything. She turns and takes off her sunglasses and I'm exclaim "Anale?!"

That's when my dogs wake me up by barking loud as ****. I go and give them bones to calm them down.

Anyway, I get back to sleep and I have a dream about watching the superbowl. So far it's the greatest game ever. It's in the 4th quater and the score is 57-53 Colts. But as I'm lighting a bowl with my lucky "Lady Luck" lighter, Payton gets his hand broken and they have to send in Curtis Painter. I start laughing incredibly hard in the faces of all the Colts fans, pointing and singing "You guys are looo-sers! You guys are looo-sers!" At that point, it's Purdue greatest QB against Purdue's worst QB. The games over when Curtis throws his forth pick 6 in a row and the Saints win by an astronomical margin a 100 or something to 57.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:44:02 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2010, 01:25:55 PM »
I decided to post about this dream because it involved NWR people. It either started in the middle or I don't remember the first part, because the first thing I remember was Kashogi (I'm not sure how I knew it was him, having never seen him before) and I with guns pointed at each other's heads. I'm not sure what happened next, but then the two of us were struggling over one of the guns. I very unrealistically ended up coming out of it with the gun, and would have killed Stogi if EasyCure hadn't, for some reason, suddenly showed up and talked me down and convinced me not to. I then took the gun, which seemed to be an NES Zapper, and broke it in half. Then EasyCure and I went and had a drink and played Wii games.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2010, 03:14:46 PM »
Out of all the dreams posted here with other various NWR members in them, yours is the strangest :P

Its a sign, when you come to NYC you must buy me a drink! MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2010, 10:34:03 AM »
I started watching Dexter on DVD for the first time recently and my brother warned me, "you'll start Dexter dreams soon". Well I have been, but I don't think in the way he meant it (I assume he meant I'll start having dremas about serial killers). I had a full-fledged dream about Dexter's DVD menu.

This was about the 10th DVD menu dream I've had in the last month. It always goes the same way. First, I have trouble finding my way around the menu, I am furious I can't find what I want. Next, I conquer the DVD and I have found what I was after, the DVD commentary. After I have finished watching/listening to the commentary I set out of my quest to find easter eggs within the DVD menus. Sometimes this is a fruitful endeavour, sometimes it is not.

Some completely off the wall weird stuff happens when I find an easter egg within the DVD, but this only happens about 50% of the time. The other 50% I spend my whole dream getting furious my DVD player.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).