Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 716374 times)

Offline D_MaN87

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Official "Virtual Console Mondays" Thread
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 03:17:29 PM »
woo my topic became an "official" topic.  

....ok just ignore me.

Anyways, is Super star soldier any good.  Is it worth the download?  And why is Japan getting so many good VC games at launch
Wii Number: 1080 3358 2033 2880
FF3 Number: 2620 7985 5351
Diddy Kong Racing DS: 0688 1563 4718

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 03:24:34 PM »
Pirates! Gold, Skitchin!, Bananza Bros., and Earthworm Jim were all good games. And I have to throw it up for Road Rash as well.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2006, 03:28:06 PM »
Super Star Soldier is good if you like overhead shooters. It's nothing great, but it is hard - if you like a challenge, get it. (I only tried it with the Wii Remote so far, but you can use Classic Controller or GameCube Controller. My bet is either will feel better than the Remote.)
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline D_MaN87

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2006, 03:32:59 PM »
Ah not my type of thing.  On another topic, wouldn't boogerman (SNES & Genesis) be a great VC game? I'd mark out like crazy for that

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
RE:Official "Virtual Console Mondays" Thread
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2006, 03:42:33 PM »

Originally posted by: Svevan
There's tons of great Genesis stuff left: more Sonic, Kid Chameleon, Landstalker - help me out guys, what else on Genesis is awesome?

Shining Force 1 and 2.  You guys may know the makers of the game for also being responsible for the Golden Sun games.  Phantasy Star 1-4, Vectorman, the Shinobi games, Comix Zone, Streets of Rage, Mutant League Football just to name a few more.  They really need to make new mutant league football, best football game ever.

I want to see Zombies Ate my Neighbors so very badly (I think it was multiplat).  I can't wait to curse those underground snakes yet again for refusing to die.
Wrath of the Black Manta is an unlikely hope.  I really liked it back in the day but it had to be the cheesiest game ever.  

Offline ShreddersDojo

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 03:57:32 PM »
I want to see Number Munchers!~  

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 04:04:33 PM »
Edit:  oops someone already mentioned Road Rash, my bad, oh and thumbs up for Bananza Bros.

dammit SixthAngel u named everything i was thinking to name.  How about Road Rash, i loved that series so much.  Oh and nobody can forget the instant classic of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

Offline D_MaN87

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 04:42:56 PM »
Well its tuesday.  Seems only one game added.  That just sucks.

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 04:48:23 PM »
Still Monday over here on the West Coast.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006, 05:04:41 PM »
Keep holding on to hope, MorningStar. I'm west coast too, and so is Nintendo of America. Fingers crossed.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2006, 05:35:29 PM »
Sonic the Hedgehog
*Sonic 2
Sonic 3
*Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3d Blast
Ristar
Altered Beast
Toe jam and Earl
****Toe Jam and Earl Panic on Funkotron (seirousl the BEST game for the system lookit up its fantastic!)
Mortal Kombat (more faithul to arcade than SNES)
*Beyond Oasis (not s good as Zelda but stilla top notch game)
Columns
Columns 3
*X-men (made by Sega not the other ones)
Jurassic Park
Afterburner
Eternal Champions
Golden Axe
Golden Axe 2
*Streets of Rage
****Streets of Rage 2 Streets of Rage 3
Revenge of Shinobi (pretty good action game worth whatever they charge)
****Shinobi 3 ( I kid you not the BEST Ninga game on Genesis if not ever! I cant get enough of this game soBUY THIS GAME!!)
Kid Chameleon
Alex Kid Series (dont rememebr how many Genny had but all were good)
**Mega Man Willy Wars (Genesis Exclusive)
Urban Strike
Jungle Strike
*Shadow Run (super awesome game migth have been also on Super not sure)
*Vector Man
Vector Man 2
Virtua Fighter 2 (plays similar to Street Fighter games but with VF characters)
MJ Moonwalker
*Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (the fighting game not the wierd brawler wanna be)
Samurai Showdown (also on SNES but Gennesis was better)
Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition (the Genesis exclusive the other SF2 games are better on SNES)
Joe Montana Sports Talk Football
Bulls VS Lakers and Bulls VS Blazers
NBA Jam TE (SNES has it too but agian Genesis was slightly superior butthis isnt liekly to get released)
***Bio Hazard Battle (I cant recommend this enough if yo liek old school shooters THIS IS YOUR GAME!)
Space Harrier
Forgotten Worlds (great game very rare hard to find and made by Capcom its a MUST have title)
Phantasy Star 2 (not the best but still good game)
Phantasy Star 3 (one of the BEST RPGs ever)
***Phantasy Star 4 (the last SUPURB PS game some woudl say as good as at least FF3{6} I would highley recommend)
Shining Forces
Shining Forces 2
Shining Forces 3

There are too many more to list but I seriously offer these as unbiased games that are definately worth owning or playing if you havent ever had the chance. These are the cream of the crop for Genesis and soem of these games (I will put * next to them) are what owning a Genesis was all about they are awesome gaming experiences)

TJ and E Panic On Funkotron, Shinobi 3, Phantasy Star 4, Bio Hazard Battle, Streets of Rage 2, and Forgotten Worlds are all the games you MUST DL if you get time and money they are WORTH IT I swear.

There are other greats but the ones worth mentioning either already have been announced or have been suggsted by other posters.

Don't let my name fool you I am offering these as unbiased I had SNES also and it ahs its fair share of AAA titles but THESE are the reason why a Genesis WAS worh owning and I cant say enough good things about them all I can say is try them out.

Even the games I alread own off this list will surely be DL by me to play on Wii.

You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 05:39:16 PM »
It'll be nice when I finish Zelda. Then I'll have time to discover that my Wii has abilities besides its capability to run Zelda. Maybe I'll even hunt down that friend code!  

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 02:50:50 AM »
how about that mutant league hockey game. That was pretty fun.  Or how about the original NHLPA hockey game? I used to rent a genesis just for that game. So awesome
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 04:30:49 AM »
So it was just one game?  I wonder why?  Nintendo did plan to have more, so I'm thinking there must be a reason.  Servers getting hit too hard?  Demand too low?  WHAT IS IT NINTENDO?  Why won't you reveal all your business secrets to me?
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Bubba

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 04:48:38 AM »
All I have to say is.....

Saturday Night Slam Masters

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 05:00:12 AM »

Originally posted by: TrueNerd
It'll be nice when I finish Zelda. Then I'll have time to discover that my Wii has abilities besides its capability to run Zelda. Maybe I'll even hunt down that friend code!

Like playing the Original Zelda
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2006, 05:23:29 AM »
I have so many games I am playing at the same time...this is a first for me, as I usually just play a single game at a time.

Currently I am playing:

Bonk's Adventure
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda
Wii Sports
Twilight Princess

and I have downloaded but not really played, Wario's Woods and Bomber '93.

The best thing about the Virtual Console is the fact that it (sorta) saves your progress where you are.  It helps so you don't have to worry when games have no saves.

Offline nemyhlovecraft

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2006, 06:01:46 AM »
Thread needs more Kid Chameleon!!

The backwards cow says: Oom.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2006, 06:21:22 AM »
"I really wished Nintendo set a range of prices instead of one set price for each console. There's no way that a game like Urban Champion is worth the same amount of Zelda."

Maybe when games like Urban Champion sell like crap Nintendo will rethink their VC prices.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Player's Choice option for VC games in the future if Nintendo doesn't feel they can continue selling at full price.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2006, 06:27:10 AM »
'Cept they'd be "NOT the players' choice" games.

I want Jaguar support on this thing. Give me Rayman and AvP...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2006, 06:40:46 AM »
"'Cept they'd be "NOT the players' choice" games."

I've seen my fair share of Player's Choice games that I can't imagine ever selling within a "best selling" range.  Marking unpopular VC games as such would be nothing new.  In Nintendo's mind ALL of the VC games are already major hits since they had some success on their initial release.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2006, 07:53:22 AM »
I do expect to see SOME adjustments to the Virtual Console prices.  BUT, I do not think they are as bad as people say.

I could see the 8-bit games being dropped to 300 points and the 16-Bit games being dropped to 500 points.  I don't really see N64 games dropping, but I think it might be smart for them to drop to 700 points.  

This would leave the 1000 points for original content Virtual Console games, which I think is what needs to be pushed.  Or even special addition virtual console games.

What has slightly disappointed me about the virtual console is Nintendo choosing inferior versions of its games for the virtual console.

Why the inferior Wario Woods, when an awesome version of it is available for Super Nintendo.  I bought the NES one and was happy, until I found out a better version is available.

Or the comment of Donkey Kong not being the arcade game.  That is a travesty.

Overall though, I really don't think we have much to complain about.  The service is great and it works well.  All Nintendo really needs to do is get those connection times and download times better, because it can take WAY too long to connect to the Wii Shop channel, let alone download a game.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2006, 08:22:47 AM »
Golden Axe and Ecco are available for Genesis.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2006, 08:32:46 AM »
"What has slightly disappointed me about the virtual console is Nintendo choosing inferior versions of its games for the virtual console.

Why the inferior Wario Woods, when an awesome version of it is available for Super Nintendo. I bought the NES one and was happy, until I found out a better version is available.

Or the comment of Donkey Kong not being the arcade game. That is a travesty."

I imagine the Wario's Woods thing is simply greed.  Ideally they want people to buy both versions and the easier way to do that is to make the inferior version available first.  Either that or whoever is in charge of selecting stuff doesn't know much about game history.  They probably saw Wario's Woods in Animal Crossing and decided to release it completely unaware of the existence of a SNES version.  It may also be that Nintendo is having the Animal Crossing games come out first because they already tested their emulation in AC.

I think Donkey Kong is just laziness.  An NES emulator will work with several games while a DK arcade emulator might not.  It's easier for them to just throw the inexcusable NES version out there instead of making a custom release of the arcade one.  DK for the NES has just been a ripple effect of lazy crap since day one.  By the time DK was released for the NES in America they KNEW they could fit all four levels but didn't make the fix then because it's easier to release a crappy version that's already done.

But to do this right all three Donkey Kong games and Mario Bros should all be using their original arcade versions.  I wouldn't be surprised if someday Nintendo made them available to try to get everyone to buy those games twice.  It would be nice if in cases like these they gave you some sort of discount to "upgrade" your game if you already downloaded the inferior version.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2006, 08:35:04 AM »
Someone let me know how these play.  I loved Golden Axe back in the day, but I fear it might not have aged well.  I've never played Ecco but I always wanted to.

whoever is in charge of selecting stuff doesn't know much about game history
What's with you and thinking Nintendo gets the custodian to do all their VC work?  The NES version was probably ready for launch (as you already said) and the SNES version wasn't.  It's as simple as that.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!