Poll

Will Nintendo pull off another 30 for 30 in Japan sales this year and, if so, how many times?

Yes. 1 time.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 2 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 3 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 4 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 5 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 6 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 7 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 8 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 9 times.
2 (18.2%)
Ninten-domination! 10 times or more that the top 30 goes to Nintendo Software.
4 (36.4%)
No. It doesn't happen once this year. Sony plays spoiler.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 16, 2023, 10:54:36 AM

Author Topic: Official Sales Thread  (Read 3154655 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Official Wii Sales Thread
« Reply #7200 on: March 31, 2011, 01:34:22 AM »
Maybe the 3DS sold out?
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: March 31, 2011, 01:55:36 AM »
they were supposed to have 1 million in he channel by the end of March

They are quite a bit shy of that goal with only 4 days left in their 4th Quarter of FY2010.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: March 31, 2011, 03:04:15 AM »
Considering the disaster in Japan I'm not going to expect sales to rise for a while. Even though good portions of Japan are unaffected by the disaster directly I'm sure a lot of people are choosing to hold on to their money for the time being because of it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: March 31, 2011, 03:13:37 AM »
I wonder how much battery life plays into this given how the tsunami in Japan has damaged the power grid, maybe steering people towards buying stuff that won't shut down after 2-3 hours?  I also wonder how much health issues with the 3D effect play into the 3DS sales.  The Japanese are already infamous for having issues with motion sickness in 1st person games, so I wonder how much worse the effects of long-term exposure to the 3D screens of the 3DS are there.  I've seen people I never would have thought would have health issues with games rendered sick by that device, so it probably plays some role (even if you can turn the 3D effect off, in which case you have a $300 device on-par graphically with the PSP and with an inferior library).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: March 31, 2011, 09:55:46 AM »
"On-par graphically with the PSP" is a load of crap, as is 2-3 hour battery life. It's more or less on par with the Wii, whereas the PSP isn't quite as good as the PS2, and about twice that in battery life.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: March 31, 2011, 10:28:17 AM »
In light of the disaster and the declining sales, perhaps Nintendo should consider lowering the price of it. When I first heard they raised the MSRP to $249 I felt they were being greedy just because they could get away with it. Well, maybe they can't get away with it.
is your sanity...

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: March 31, 2011, 10:36:03 AM »
I wonder how much battery life plays into this given how the tsunami in Japan has damaged the power grid, maybe steering people towards buying stuff that won't shut down after 2-3 hours?
Is there even a remote possibility that you're over-analyzing the situation?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: March 31, 2011, 11:35:31 AM »
I wonder how much battery life plays into this given how the tsunami in Japan has damaged the power grid, maybe steering people towards buying stuff that won't shut down after 2-3 hours?
Is there even a remote possibility that you're over-analyzing the situation?

Of course there is.  I'm just throwing out possibilities for why a "last-generation" handheld like the PSP would outsell Nintendo's latest golden child.  As for the battery life, Giant Bomb was just talking about the 3DS battery life and they've also seen around 3 hours of play before needing to charge (for another 3 hours).  As for the graphical comment, perhaps I should have reprhased that: there is very little graphically impressive about the 3DS launch software.  In fact, I'd pretty much say there's nothing impressive about the launch software period outside perhaps Super Street Fighter IV.  All the worthwhile games are coming later this year and the coming years.  Meanwhile, the PSP has a big RPG re-release (yes, I know...FF IV AGAIN, but the Japanese sure seem to love it) and has a pretty solid lineup of games that appeal to the Japanese like Monster Hunter.

I'm sure once the 3DS has a lineup worth buying the hardware for, it'll pick up again and we probably won't see the PSP outselling it.  Well, maybe it could again if the PSP gets another Monster Hunter game.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: March 31, 2011, 12:42:13 PM »
PSP also just had a price drop

& 3DS doesn't have any other games launching that I think would turn the tides until after E3 (maybe mid-May and later)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: March 31, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »
I don't get it. How is selling almost a million units in 1 month bad? Especially when most Japanese citizens are spending their extra income on relief efforts? And with the Japanese 3DS being $300, I think Nintendo couldn't have wished for a better result.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: March 31, 2011, 01:11:28 PM »
They are falling short of projections by about 300k+ 3DS units sold

with the recent disaster, the high price point & the lack of good new software to play, Nintendo now has to put more money back into marketing instead of letting the release HYPE do most of the work. It also doesn't help that the PSP just had a price drop, got a major re-release and has MHP.

But I'm sure if it wasn't for recent events, 3DS might have set another sales record in Japan as I think it was on track to do so.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: March 31, 2011, 01:15:19 PM »
It's frustrating for me because the Warriors games should be so much more awesome. It takes two things I love in my movies, Kung Fu and war, and combines them in to Kung Fu wars! That should be so awesome, but the Warriors games executes it in such a stilted, limited, unvaried, shallow, grinding and repetitive manner that is mediocre. It still makes for some good moments and it is always a pleasure to slowly have your allied color dominate the field (there's a reason why missions have 30 or 60 minute timers and it's because the game plays really well to slowly and surely pushing your army's front line). Hmm, I guess Warriors games can work like some sort of comfort food.

The pacing in Chronicles is hard and fast, there's constantly bonus timers or life bars ticking down and territory control doesn't really matter as the standard soldier mobs aren't going to do your objectives for you, they're mostly a crowd that will stab you in the back at the worst possible time while you fight one of the dozens of named enemies on the field (so the game feels more like a fighting game since you're fighting named dudes almost the whole time and might have been deeper if your main character couldn't just insta-fill a musou gauge by using their spirit gauge which can be filled by using the musou attack...). It's just too easy to run past the soldier groups, they have no value to your mission.

I disagree in that they have no value but only very slightly. From my experience with the series, it is better to have your mob with you during a fight with an enemy named hero or commander. As you mentioned, the mob soldiers take pot stabs. So, probably in your best interest for it to be your mob. Thinning the herd for your guys helps push them up and that can be done quickly by taking out the leader in the unnamed enemy groups. Still, it is only a minuscule benefit you gain for going through the trouble. On lower or even normal difficulty levels it is usually easy enough to just rush the named enemy heroes and officers.

I haven't paid much attention to Samurai Warriors Chronicles, but the main character creator looks quite interesting. I've been taking a gander at Dynasty Warriors 7 that is coming out March 29th and some of the new wrinkles (switching between two weapons and air musou attacks for starters) Omega added look interesting.

In Chronicles you have four named characters under your command, if you need additional manpower you can order one of them to join you (they're pretty good fighters when they're in the fully simulated area of the battle, i.e. near your controlled character). That's much better for stacking the odds than bringing some grunts along. Of course you'll often face 2-3 named enemies at once too.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: March 31, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »
I disagree in that they have no value but only very slightly. From my experience with the series, it is better to have your mob with you during a fight with an enemy named hero or commander. As you mentioned, the mob soldiers take pot stabs. So, probably in your best interest for it to be your mob. Thinning the herd for your guys helps push them up and that can be done quickly by taking out the leader in the unnamed enemy groups. Still, it is only a minuscule benefit you gain for going through the trouble. On lower or even normal difficulty levels it is usually easy enough to just rush the named enemy heroes and officers.

I haven't paid much attention to Samurai Warriors Chronicles, but the main character creator looks quite interesting. I've been taking a gander at Dynasty Warriors 7 that is coming out March 29th and some of the new wrinkles (switching between two weapons and air musou attacks for starters) Omega added look interesting.

In Chronicles you have four named characters under your command, if you need additional manpower you can order one of them to join you (they're pretty good fighters when they're in the fully simulated area of the battle, i.e. near your controlled character). That's much better for stacking the odds than bringing some grunts along. Of course you'll often face 2-3 named enemies at once too.

Ooo, that sounds like a wonderful change. It's a shame that I haven't heard any thing like it for Dynasty Warriors 7. I think it would be a welcome addition to the home console line of games.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: March 31, 2011, 06:31:18 PM »
In fact, I'd pretty much say there's nothing impressive about the launch software period outside perhaps Super Street Fighter IV.

I suppose that's true if you're only looking at the Japanese launch, since they didn't get PilotWings or Ghost Recon (as if that would have any chance of succeeding in Japan... well, maybe if you swapped out the assets for a more generic fantasy style and had it published by Nintendo or Square-Enix). They did get Ridge Racer, though, I'm pretty sure, and I've really enjoyed that, though I've never played any game in the series before.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: March 31, 2011, 06:43:47 PM »
How is selling almost a million units in 1 month bad?

Two reasons:

1) It isn't being sold out. This means more are being shipped than are being sold.

2) The PSP of all things outsold it, and this is something that should not have happened under any circumstances.
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7215 on: March 31, 2011, 06:57:15 PM »
The PSP costs probably about half as much as the 3DS, and has 6 years worth of games compared to just the launch lineup for the 3DS. The best 3DS launch games in Japan are Street Fighter, which is available on other systems, and Ridge Racer, which is available in some form on basically everything. A million units, with that price and those games, and with what's been going on in the country, is very good.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: March 31, 2011, 07:07:39 PM »
has 6 years worth of games

No, it doesn't. However, it does have Monster Hunter, and apparently that makes up for it (in Japan at least).
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: March 31, 2011, 07:27:51 PM »
Yes it does. As much as you in your Nintendo fanboy world want to believe that there aren't any quality games for the PSP, that's simply not true.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: March 31, 2011, 07:36:36 PM »
Yes it does. As much as you in your Nintendo fanboy world want to believe that there aren't any quality games for the PSP, that's simply not true.

There's a handful. 6 years worth? I don't think so!
is your sanity...

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: March 31, 2011, 08:42:09 PM »

There's a handful. 6 years worth? I don't think so!

Depends on habits. Lord knows the hours that I plugged in to Ace Combat, DJ Max Portable, and Macross Ultimate Frontier.

Sort of like with some sentiments leveled at the Wii being Nintendo-only, there are cool games to play on the PSP if you dig hard enough through the library. Of course, this may be owner's bias and buyer's remorse talking.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:44:57 PM by Enner »

Offline SalesBot

• Score: 40
    • View Profile
Chart Track - Week 12, 2011
« Reply #7220 on: April 01, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »
Chart Track - Week 12, 2011

UK: Week 12, 2011 - Individual Formats (Units)
01 (__) 360 Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
02 (01) 360 Homefront (Thq)
03 (__) PS3 Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
04 (__) 360 Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
05 (02) PS3 Homefront (Thq)
06 (__) 3DS Super Street Fighter Iv 3d Edition (Capcom)
07 (03) NDS Pokemon White Version (Nintendo)
08 (__) 3DS Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo)
09 (05) NDS Pokemon Black Version (Nintendo)
10 (__) PC The Sims: Medieval (Electronic Arts)
11 (__) PS3 Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
12 (__) 3DS Rayman 3d (Ubisoft)
13 (__) PC Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
14 (__) WII Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
15 (06) WII Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
16 (__) 3DS Super Monkey Ball 3d (Sega)
17 (__) 3DS Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
18 (__) 3DS Ridge Racer 3d (Namco Bandai Games)
19 (08) PS3 Killzone 3 (Sony Computer Ent.)
20 (__) 3DS Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever (Nintendo)
21 (07) 360 Dragon Age Ii (Electronic Arts)
22 (__) NDS Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
23 (__) 3DS Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Konami)
24 (12) WII Udraw Studio (Thq)
25 (15) 360 Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts)
26 (__) PSP Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy (Square Enix Europe)
27 (09) 360 Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts)
28 (10) PS3 Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts)
29 (__) PS3 Assassin's Creed Ii (Ubisoft)
30 (17) WII Wii Party (Nintendo)
31 (21) WII Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
32 (34) WII Michael Jackson: The Experience (Ubisoft)
33 (18) WII Just Dance (Ubisoft)
34 (23) WII Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
35 (29) PS3 Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts)
36 (__) 3DS The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
37 (25) NDS Art Academy (Nintendo)
38 (__) 3DS Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (Ubisoft)
39 (20) WII Dance Juniors (Ubisoft)
40 (04) PC Shogun 2: Total War (Sega)

Ireland: Week 12, 2011 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)
01 (__) Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
02 (01) Homefront (Thq)
03 (__) Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Lucasarts)
04 (02) Pokemon White Version (Nintendo)
05 (03) Pokemon Black Version (Nintendo)
06 (__) Super Street Fighter Iv 3d Edition (Capcom)
07 (__) Rayman 3d (Ubisoft)
08 (__) Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo)
09 (06) Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts)
10 (07) Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
11 (09) Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts)
12 (04) Dragon Age Ii (Electronic Arts)
13 (08) Call Of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
14 (__) Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Konami)
15 (__) The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
16 (__) Super Monkey Ball 3d (Sega)
17 (14) Wii Party (Nintendo)
18 (10) Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard)
19 (17) Batman: Arkham Asylum (Square Enix Europe)
20 (11) Killzone 3 (Sony Computer Ent.)

Denmark: Week 12, 2011 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)
01 (__) Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
02 (__) Lego Star Wars Iii: The Clone Wars (Activision Blizzard)
03 (__) The Sims: Medieval (Electronic Arts)
04 (01) Call Of Duty: Black Ops (Activision Blizzard)
05 (02) Homefront (Thq)
06 (05) Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts)
07 (04) Dragon Age Ii (Electronic Arts)
08 (15) Starcraft Ii: Wings Of Liberty (Activision Blizzard)
09 (08) The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts)
10 (09) Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
11 (06) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
12 (__) Rayman 3d (Ubisoft)
13 (03) Shogun 2: Total War (Pan Vision)
14 (07) Singstar Danske Hits (Nordisk Film)
15 (11) Pokemon White Version (Nintendo)
16 (19) Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
17 (12) New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
18 (__) The X Factor (Namco Bandai Games)
19 (17) Counter-strike: Source (Electronic Arts)
20 (14) Pokemon Black Version (Nintendo)

Netherlands: Week 12, 2011
01 (01) [NDS] Pokemon White (Nintendo)
02 (03) [NDS] Pokemon Black (Nintendo)
03 (02) [PC] Shogun 2: Total War (Sega)
04 (04) [360] Homefront (Thq)
05 (08) [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
06 (__) [PC] The Sims: Medieval (Electronic Arts)
07 (05) [PS3] Homefront (Thq)
08 (__) [PS3] Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)
09 (06) [PC] Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
10 (__) [360] Crysis 2 (Electronic Arts)

France: Week 11, 2011
01 (__) [360] Homefront (Thq)
02 (__) [PS3] Homefront (Thq)
03 (01) [NDS] Pokemon White (Nintendo)
04 (02) [NDS] Pokemon Black (Nintendo)
05 (__) [PS3] Motorstorm Apocalypse (Sony)

Italy: Week 11, 2011
01 (02) [NDS] Pokemon Black (Nintendo)
02 (01) [NDS] Pokemon White (Nintendo)
03 (03) [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo)
04 (__) [360] Homefront (Thq)
05 (__) [PS3] Homefront (Thq)
06 (04) [WII] New Super Mario Bros Wii (Nintendo)
07 (__) [PS3] Little Big Planet 2 (Sony)
08 (__) [PS3] Fifa 11 (Electronic Arts)
09 (09) [WII] Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo)
10 (07) [WII] Wii Fit Plus + Balance Board (Nintendo)

Germany: Week 12, 2011
01 (__) [PS3] Crysis 2 Limited Edition (Electronic Arts)
02 (__) [360] Crysis 2 Limited Edition (Electronic Arts)
03 (01) [NDS] Pokemon White (Nintendo)
04 (02) [NDS] Pokemon Black (Nintendo)
05 (__) [WII] LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Lucas Arts)
06 (05) [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo)
07 (__) [PS3] LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Lucas Arts)
08 (__) [NDS] LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Lucas Arts)
09 (07) [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo)
10 (03) [PS3] Homefront (Thq)

Nordic Chart: Week 12, 2011 (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
Multiformat
01. CRYSIS 2
02. LEGO STAR WARS 3: THE CLONE WARS
03. THE SIMS: MEDIEVAL
04. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS
05. HOMEFRONT
06. DRAGON AGE 2
07. THE SIMS 3
08. FIFA 11
09. ASSASSINS CREED: BROTHERHOOD
10. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS
11. POKEMON WHITE VERSION
12. RAYMAN 3D
13. POKEMON BLACK VERSION
14. BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2
15. SHOGUN 2: TOTAL WAR
16. CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2
17. MARIO KART
18. NHL 11
19. SKATE 3
20. LEGO STAR WARS THE COMPLETE SAGA

PC
01. THE SIMS: MEDIEVAL
02. CRYSIS 2
03. SHOGUN 2: TOTAL WAR
04. THE SIMS 3
05. RIFT
06. STARCRAFT II: WINGS OF LIBERTY
07. ASSASSINS CREED: BROTHERHOOD
08. LEGO STAR WARS 3: THE CLONE WARS
09. THE SIMS 3: LATE NIGHT
10. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS

Playstation 3
01. CRYSIS 2
03. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS
04. HOMEFRONT
05. DRAGON AGE 2
06. FIFA 11
07. KILLZONE 3
08. LITTLEBIGPLANET 2
09. SKATE 3
10. BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2

Xbox 360
01. CRYSIS 2
03. HOMEFRONT
04. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS
05. DRAGON AGE 2
06. FIFA 11
07. BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2
08. NHL 11
09. KINECT SPORTS
10. CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2

Wii
01. LEGO STAR WARS 3: THE CLONE WARS
02. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS
03. JUST DANCE 2
04. MARIO KART
05. DONKEY KONG: COUNTRY RETURNS
06. SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2
07. WII FIT PLUS
08. LEGO STAR WARS THE COMPLETE SAGA
09. LEGO INDIANA JONES 2: THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES
10. LEGO BATMAN

Nintendo DS
02. POKEMON WHITE VERSION
03. POKEMON BLACK VERSION
04. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS
05. MARIO KART
06. THE SIMS 3
07. LEGO STAR WARS THE COMPLETE SAGA
08. MARIO VS. DONKEY KONG 3: MINI-LAND MAYHEM
09. LEGO BATMAN
10. MARIO & SONIC: AT OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES

Nintendo 3DS
01. RAYMAN 3D
02. SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV
03. PILOTWINGS RESORT
04. LEGO STAR WARS 3: THE CLONE WARS
05. TOM CLANCYS GHOST RECON: SHADOW WARS
06. TOM CLANCYS SPLINTER CELL 3D
07. THE SIMS 3
08. ASPHALT 3D
09. NINTENDOGS AND CATS - GOLDEN RETRIEVER
10. RIDGE RACER

PSP
02. DISSIDIA 012: FINAL FANTASY
03. LITTLEBIGPLANET
04. KINGDOM HEARTS: BIRTH BY SLEEP
05. DAXTER
06. GTA: CHINATOWN WARS
07. SECRET AGENT CLANK
08. GTA: LIBERTY CITY STORIES
09. FIFA 11
10.TEKKEN 6

UK Top 10 - February, 2011 (Chart-Track / Enterbrain)
01   [WII]    Just Dance 2   -   72,000   
02   [360]    Call of Duty: Black Ops   -   66,000   
03   [360]    Dead Space 2   -   58,000   
04   [PS3]    Killzone 3   -   57,000   
05   [360]    Test Drive Unlimited 2   -   56,000   
06   [PS3]    Dead Space 2   -   47,000   
07   [PS3]    Call of Duty: Black Ops   -   45,000   
08   [360]    FIFA 11   -   44,000   
09   [360]    Bulletstorm   -   43,000   
10   [PS3]    LittleBigPlanet 2   -   38,000   

Italy Top 10 - February 2011
01 Mario Sports Mix Wii (Nintendo)
02 Just Dance 2 Wii (Ubisoft)
03 Wii Fit Plus + Balance Board Wii (Nintendo)
04 Killzone 3 PS3 (Sony)
05 Wii Party Wii (Nintendo)
06 Kinect Adventures + Kinect XBox 360 (Microsoft)
07 Art Academy DS (Nintendo)
08 Gran Turismo 5 PS3 (Sony)
09 New Super Mario Bros Wii (Nintendo)
10 Fifa 11 PS3 (EA)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:34:03 AM by SalesBot »
"To Report, Not Decide"<BR>Soon to be New & Improved!!

Offline SalesBot

• Score: 40
    • View Profile
EURO 3DS Sales
« Reply #7221 on: April 01, 2011, 11:34:33 AM »
European 3DS Sales Over Launch Weekend
Nintendo said on Tuesday that "3DS garnered higher day-one sales figures in the US than any previous Nintendo handheld"

303,000 Europe: (3 days)
- 113,000 in UK
- 50,000 in Germany (2 days)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/296536/news/nintendo-3ds-uk-sales-figures-are-in/
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:40:13 AM by SalesBot »
"To Report, Not Decide"<BR>Soon to be New & Improved!!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: April 01, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
Nintendo got a looong way to go to sell thru the rest of that 1.2million they shipped.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: April 02, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
*completely disregard this post*

the numbers Salesbot posted are correct afterall.
PSP + PSPgo = more than the 3DS

Alert cancellation override has been activated.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:15:32 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: April 02, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »
But like you said, there is no killer app for the system yet that gets everyone to drop their DS/PSP and go out and get a 3DS.  PSP didn't start to really sell until Monster Hunter Portable was released.  DS didn't really start to sell until Brain Training was released.  Once 3DS gets its game, it'll always be out of stock everywhere.