Author Topic: Wii figures in Canadian stores  (Read 1476 times)

Offline zxkork

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wii figures in Canadian stores
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:26:33 AM »
Today I walked into a Toys'R'us in quebec in order to pick up pixar's Cars DVD for my brothers birthday. I couldn't help myself to run into the video games section to check if they had any Wii stuff around.

Might have been my lucky day because I tan into a Nintendo rep who was haning Wii publicity all around. We chatted for a bit and I learned some cool information (might not be all that new, but all the news regarding that matter only convers US stores...)

She told me that big stores who did not accept any preorders like Wal-Mart would have between 60 and 90 Wiis for sale at launch. When I asked about remotes and games availability, she told me that those stores would have enough of stuff to satisfie most customers. She also said that Zelda might go into a shortage rather quickly tho, because they pretty much expected 1 zelda to be sold per Wii (which I guess means stores will have more Wiis then individual games). All in all, she seemed pretty confident that every hard-core nintendo customers would be able to walk into a store on launch day and get a Wii.

As I was leaving the video game section, I asked the store clerck if they were still taking preorders for the Wii. I was expecting her to say something like "no we stopped taking 'em a while ago. But instead she answered that they had not taken any, and that they wouldn't. Then she told me that they would have 45 Wiis on launch day, and only 12 PS3s. She said they would not open earlier tho (but since they kicked off their holiday schedules, they open at 9am instead of 10am)

So to sum it all up:

Canadian Wal-mart Wiis at launch: between 60 and 90
Toys'R'us Wiis at launch: around 45 (I say around 'cause I can'T say all toys'R'us will get the same amounts

Hope that helps anyone

Zx
Wii will rock you

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Wii figures in Canadian stores
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 11:03:33 AM »
Good find.

Thanks for the info.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Wii figures in Canadian stores
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 12:59:04 PM »
Interesting.. the Toys R Us..es here in Calgary stopped taking preorders in September, I believe. That's a good number of consoles available per store - I wonder how many Superstore will get..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig