Author Topic: TMNT!!!!!  (Read 10066 times)

Offline Oni Link

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« on: February 10, 2003, 09:46:23 AM »
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I cant wait till this game comes out! Am I the only one. I grew up with the Turtls. TMNT 2 for the NES was one of the best games ever.  
You cant spell crap without rap

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 10:26:32 AM »
Turtles 4: Turtles in Time was easily the best of the bunch.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 10:39:22 AM »
i disagree with both of you...TMNT II was good only if you had a friend playing with you.  the first TMNT was the best!  back when konami was good that is
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Sith

• View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 12:14:51 PM »
If the first one was where they had the top view of the bus, and the side scrolling levels in between. That was the best.

Offline dalmation10k

• View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 12:23:44 PM »
I want a turtles game that plays similar to Tenchu.
Don't you want to know how we keep starting fires?

Offline Joshums

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 01:06:46 PM »
Yes, the first TMNT game was the best.... and it was hard too.  I'm glad to see TMNT are coming back.  We were so lucky to grow up with the turtles.  They are so much better than Pokemon and all the other stuff with which kids are obsessed with today.
Ph33r teh Joshums!!!11

Offline popkorn1

• View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 01:07:28 PM »
Did you guys see the brand new cartoon?  It's style is amazing, its actually WAY better than the original!  It's darker, funnier, and there's more action... I'm sure this will translate over to the game beautifully!!   And if you didn't catch the brand new premier, do yourselves a favor and set your VCR's to record the rerun and new episode this saturday the 15th - 7:30AM Central is the rerun, 9:30AM Central is the all new second episode!!  

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2003, 01:13:32 PM »
I actually prefered the look of the original.  The voices were also better for a few charecters, like Splinter's.  Definatly a good watch though.  And it excited me even more about the games.

Offline Poona

• View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2003, 02:16:06 PM »
Yeah, I'm feeling good about the new TMNT game.

I loved the arcade game, as well as Turtles In Time and Hyperstone Heist. The new game is begging for 4 player co-op, so I hope they do it.

It had it in the arcade, but Turtles In Time and Hyperstone Heist only had 2 players due to the limitations of the console. These days we can have 4 players easily, so I hope they take advantage of it, to go alongside the 4 Turtles.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2003, 03:19:38 PM »
yeah the new cartoon is freaking awesome. I loved the old cartoon back in the day, but nowadays its hard to find a decent copy(since vhs degrades over a period of years...the audio in my old episodes is shot) and the fact it wa skinda cheeseyy(still love it though)
The new cartoon is all high quality...aweosem stlye....the plot seems to be the focus on this new show which is good...i cant wait till the game and the next episode.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2003, 03:25:17 PM »
Turtles in Time and maybe the Hyperstone Heist were my faves, though i can't forget Turtles 2 on NES. So many hours me and my friends spent beating that game over and over, so many memories.

It's been like what, ten years (?) since i was really into TMNT, so i didn't expect to be blown away by the cartoon. It's got a nice clean look, with brighter colors, and decent voices, but i was disappointed by the fighting and action scenes in general. i was expecting a little more... actual fighting styles, or influences, or something. i mean, they're ninja turtles. Having weapons and tossing some "ninja words" around just isn't enough anymore.  

The new show is on the Fox Box. You can view the official TMNT site at http://www.ninjaturtles.com/.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2003, 03:25:23 PM »
WHat channels it on?
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline Oni_Link

• View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2003, 03:26:37 PM »
Id have to agree with Obi. I think Turtles in Time was the best so far. TMNT was my favorite show when I was a kid and I still like it. I just hope the new show and the new games arnt a dissapopintment.
"May The Way Of The Hero Lead To The Triforce."

-----The Legend of Zelda

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2003, 03:58:26 PM »
the new ninja turtles show is awesoem in my opinoin. There have been alot of remakes as of late...like heman and what not...theyve all been disapointments.

This episode of tmnt that was on just now was action packed, intelligent, and good.

For favorite games....Well I would say Turtles in Time and TMT3:The manhatten project for nes
i like 1 and 2 but i can play turtles and time and 3 by myself and have fun.

Offline Sith

• View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2003, 04:02:42 PM »
Man this game is bringing back old memories for all kinds of ages, young or old.

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2003, 08:10:21 PM »
what you guys know about the tmnt movie?

Offline Mr. McBlack

• View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2003, 09:28:43 PM »

Originally posted by: NarmaK
what you guys know about the tmnt movie?

Which one? Is there a new one coming out or something?

Anyway, the new TMNT show was awesome; the new art style is great, and the voices are closer to the first movie's voices, which = great, IMHO. I wish I could watch the original cartoon again though; can't find it anywhere As for the games, TMNT2 on NES and Turtles in Time were the best, as was TMNT1 and 2 on the original GB. Tournament Fighters never happened though, as far as I'm concerned. EVER.
[Mr. McBlack:]
-America's FAVORITE GameNikki reviewer

Visit GameNikki.com The BEST gamesite with the letters "I", "G" and "N" in it.

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2003, 11:48:10 PM »
I heard that it is going to be completly CGI.  For better or worse.  I am curious to see how it turns out.

Offline Shadow_Troopa

• View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2003, 01:30:39 PM »
  I loved the ninja turtles back in the day too!   I loved the ninja turtles arcade games too!  Hopefully the new tmnt game for gcn will be a four player beat-em-ep like the two towers.  Except something a little extra to make more than just a hack and slash.

Oh yeah, to answer your question:

From another website: Peter Laird (co-cretor of tmnt) is in talks with Hallmark Entertainment to creatae a live action movie schedueled for release for early 2004.

That would be sweet
|-O-|  (-O-)  |-O-|
 TIEFIGHTERSWILLDESTROYYOU!!!
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb"

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
TMNT!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2003, 01:48:25 PM »
another game i wish theyd remake is river city ransom. Ah Technos.