Author Topic: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. Day 1.  (Read 20613 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. Day 1.
« on: October 09, 2017, 07:48:58 PM »

Story

The King of Hyrule entered the great library of Hyrule Castle.

"Ah, there you are Zelda, my dear. I've been looking all over for you," the King said on seeing the familiar figure of his daughter standing by a mirror adjusting her gown.

"Huh? Oh, whoops, sorry, no," said the figure turning around and then blushing on seeing the King staring at him.

"Link," the King said flatly upon realizing who he was actually looking at, "Do you know where Zelda is?"

"I'm here," declared a voice from behind a bookshelf which belonged to Princess Zelda. The King turned to the direction of the voice and saw Zelda come into view as she walked out from the book aisle she had been standing in. The King walked over to her.

"Is he still wearing that Zelda outfit?" asked the King, his voice a bit troubled.

"Afraid so. Ever since he went on that quest to Hytopia and met those two dopplegangers. He says it makes him feel safer, whatever that means," sighed Zelda. The sight of Link wearing the legendary dress and being mistaken for Zelda was growing to be a way too often occurrence of late.

Suddenly there was a scream from Link's direction. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! A SPIDER!" he cried and then ran out of the library at full speed. The King of Hyrule stood aghast at the sight while Zelda put her hand to forehead and rubbed it in frustration.

"I don't know what's happened to his courage," Zelda confessed.

"Perhaps he's been cooped up in this castle too long," suggested the King as he got his mind back to the matter at hand, "He may be missing some adventure in his life and it's causing this stir-craziness we are seeing."

"Hey! You may be onto something," exclaimed Zelda, her face brightening, "You're right! There hasn't been much for him to do lately or to challenge him. I'm going to check through the ancient legends of the land and see if there isn't some kind of quest he could engage in."

And so it was that in Zelda's search, she discovered the story an ancient set of the EarthFrog, a magical creature that would bestow any who approached it to be filled with courage as well as grant them a wish. However, since there would be those who would desire the EarthFrog's power for themselves, the EarthFrog slumbered hidden in a deep cave somewhere in Hyrule. The only way to awaken it was by playing the song of the EarthFrog with the Magical Maracas of Merida. To Princess Zelda, it appeared to be the perfect quest needed to awaken Link out of his stay-at-home-stupor.

"But I don't want to goooooooo," whined Link upon being told the news.

"Well, too bad. If you want to stay in the castle, you need to start earning your keep," Zelda declared.

"But it's soooooo pointless. No one else knows about this frog dude, there's no danger to the land and there's nothing we need to wish for. Plus, there's the fancy dress ball coming up and I was really looking forward to that," pouted Link.

"Nothing we need to wish for?" asked Zelda in disbelief as she finished packing Link's luggage, "Are you joking? Ganon could appear at any moment again and try once more to conquer Hyrule and plunge us all into darkness. With this wish, you could ensure that never happens and Ganon is never a threat again!"

"Well, at least let me pack along my legendary dress outfit," begged Link as Zelda dragged him to the castle entrance.

"Nope. Don't need it," Zelda quickly said as she raised the drawbridge to keep Link from re-entering the castle, "Have fun!"

"Fine. Let's go find some dumb maracas," groused Link as he got on his trusty steed, Epona, and set off into new strange regions of Hyrule.

Rules

Players

Roles

Announcements

All roles have been sent out. Check the PM box of your game account.

Day 1 is open for voting until 11:30 AM EST / 8:30 AM PST Oct. 12 which is the deadline. However, if a majority vote is reached before that point then the day could end sooner than the current deadline. Since there are currently 18 players alive, a majority vote of 10 would be needed to end the day early.

For this game, there is no voting requirement. Players can vote as little or as often as they like.

If I think of anything else I need to mention, I'll post it in the Day Thread for your attention.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:22:03 AM by Link Link »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXV - The Legend of Zelda: The Mafia Maracas. Day 1.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 05:30:14 AM »
I've sent out a mass pm to all player accounts as to roles being handed out and when I'm opening this day thread to begin the game so check it out for the details.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 11:36:40 AM »
Let the game begin.

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 11:50:32 AM »
To my dearest friends in Hyrule, I would like to introduce you to Ravio Inc. At Ravio Inc, we strive to provide you with only the highest quality tools to assist in any heroic activity you may undergo. While it might cost more, we assure you our line of hero quality goods do the job, for purchase or for rent! We also offer fantastic customer service. For any inquiries, please leave a message, and one of our certified trained Ravios will respond at your earliest convenience. By reading this line, you have agreed to our terms of service and owe Ravio Inc a catalog fee of 75 rupees.
https://ravizon.herokuapp.com
Buy tools! Buy weapons! Rent votes!

Offline Epona

• Lens of Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »
I don't know how to roleplay as a horse, it's a work in progress. Considering how integral Epona is to the series, it's a hoof-y responsibility.

Get it? Instead of heavy? Oh dear...

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:33:37 PM »
I don't know how to roleplay as a horse, it's a work in progress. Considering how integral Epona is to the series, it's a hoof-y responsibility.

Yes, think you for using Ravio Inc brand hors. Hors is gud. Is your hors bad? To file return, customer service Ravio just need original order number. We send you gud hors back fast. Tell all friends to buy hors. All hors good.

The preceding message is from Ravio Inc customer service. If you are dissatisfied with Ravio Inc customer service, please request your complaint to be escalated to a supervisor, and at our earliest convenience we will review and notify you of any changes to your order. Have a Raviotastic day!

Offline Hestu

• Megaton Hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 12:48:10 PM »
Expand-a-band band! Voting stash!

...Oh phoop, it didn't work.

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 12:53:43 PM »
Today is the beginning of a lovely day and I believe I will take my trusty bug net to Hyrule Field and see if I can find a few insects to marvel at. If you wish to speak with me please write a letter and place it at my home in Hyrule Castle Town. Thank you.    Skips out to Hyrule Field
"...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person! Still, you're wearing those clothes, so that tells me you like bugs too! Oh, boy, I forgot the formalities! You have an audience with the princess of the bug kingdom. Agitha is my name!"

Offline Dampé

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 01:03:55 PM »
Boy I sure hope I won't be digging any more graves in the short-to-immediate future. Working day and night in this pouring rain is bound to put a strain on my poor old lungs at some point...

Offline Happy Mask Salesman

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 01:48:55 PM »

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Howdy!

Offline Great Fairy

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »
Hello, weary travelers! Come to me! I can give you strength. . .

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 02:05:39 PM »

Yes, think you for using Ravio Inc brand hors. Hors is gud. Is your hors bad? To file return, customer service Ravio just need original order number. We send you gud hors back fast. Tell all friends to buy hors. All hors good.

Did, d-d-did you say whores?!

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 02:39:28 PM »
Lunk,

YES, WE HAVE FINEST HEARSE. HEARSE CAN RIDE ALL DAY LONG. FASTEST HEARSE IN HYRULE. PLEASE BROWSE CATALOG FOR OUR STABLE OF HEARSE. CATALOG IS 75 RUPPESS.

The preceding message is from Ravio Inc customer service. If you are dissatisfied with Ravio Inc customer service, please request your complaint to be escalated to a supervisor, and at our earliest convenience we will review and notify you of any changes to your order. Have a Raviotastic day!

Offline Fi

• Bombchu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 02:46:25 PM »
Master Link
The batteries in your Wii remote are running low.

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 02:55:22 PM »
Master Link
The batteries in your Wii remote are running low.

Ravio Incorporated, this is Ravio speaking. Yes, batteries? Yes yes, we have batteries. Yes, you can rent them. Or buy, yes? Yes, yes. Stop by your house, Link, yes, and I can sell you some batteries. Yes, or rent them. Yes, yes.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 02:56:43 PM »
Dang it! I don't know what I'm going to do about that in the middle of Hyrule Field here. If only there was some travelling salesman around that sold batteries.

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 03:00:59 PM »
Dang it! I don't know what I'm going to do about that in the middle of Hyrule Field here. If only there was some travelling salesman around that sold batteries.

You want Ravio brand battery? 12 rupee! Battery! 12 rupee!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 03:16:42 PM »
Hmmm. 12 rupees? That seems like a lot. I'm trying to save up for this real cool gold-plated armor set. I suppose I could - HOLY MOLEY! IS THAT A SAVAGE LYNEL COMING THIS WAY?!

*Link steals a couple batteries while Ravio is distracted on the lookout for a savage lynel*

Nope. Guess it was just a bird. *Link whistles for Epona*. I'm gonna think about it. See ya!

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 03:25:03 PM »

:-[

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 03:47:40 PM »
Today is the beginning of a lovely day and I believe I will take my trusty bug net to Hyrule Field and see if I can find a few insects to marvel at. If you wish to speak with me please write a letter and place it at my home in Hyrule Castle Town. Thank you.    Skips out to Hyrule Field

Save me any tasty ones...  cluck cluck
- Certified Ravio Inc Customer Service Field Agent

Offline Agitha

• Hyrule Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »

So out in Hyrule Field I find a few wonderful bugs and I see a Cucco and it is inching closer to my presence and I can infer it wants something.   The cucco looks at my subjects and back at me and a few other times. It dawns on me what this Cucco wants and I gently place the subjects on my person in a napsack and I quickly flee from Hyrule Field exclaiming Cuccos are not allowed in my kingdom.
"...Oh, boy! I thought you were a giant grasshopper! But you're not! You're a person! Still, you're wearing those clothes, so that tells me you like bugs too! Oh, boy, I forgot the formalities! You have an audience with the princess of the bug kingdom. Agitha is my name!"

Offline Cucco

• Savage Lynel Bow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 06:47:27 PM »

So out in Hyrule Field I find a few wonderful bugs and I see a Cucco and it is inching closer to my presence and I can infer it wants something.   The cucco looks at my subjects and back at me and a few other times. It dawns on me what this Cucco wants and I gently place the subjects on my person in a napsack and I quickly flee from Hyrule Field exclaiming Cuccos are not allowed in my kingdom.

I've got money....

- Certified Ravio Inc Customer Service Field Agent

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 06:48:06 PM »
Yes hi yes. I can take monies.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »

I've got money....

I want that money but I don't want to upset that cucco.....

Offline Great Deku Tree

• Slingshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »
I'm rooted in the ground and can't travel. Please come visit me.