Author Topic: Code Of Princess Gets EX Upgrade For Switch This Summer  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Code Of Princess Gets EX Upgrade For Switch This Summer
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:14:42 PM »

The brawler/RPG with some huge, uh, assets has another publisher.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/46621/code-of-princess-gets-ex-upgrade-for-switch-this-summer

After Runner 3, Nicalis is reaching back into the past a bit for their next publishing deal.

Code of Princess, which originally released in 2012 for the 3DS and later migrated to the PC, will come to Switch this summer. Nicalis will be publishing the game in the West physically and on the eShop.

In addition to the HD graphic upgrade, the Switch version promises a rebalanced AI, higher framerate (60FPS) and local co-op.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Code Of Princess Gets EX Upgrade For Switch This Summer
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 12:02:30 AM »
The timing makes sense. Nicalis probably wants this port out before Blade Strangers releases later this year which includes Code of Princess’ eponymous princess, Solange.

I mostly enjoyed Code of Princess. The plot was incomprehensible nonsense and the gameplay wasn’t especially deep, but it was still pretty fun. Not sure if I would double dip especially with all the other games I’m getting already. For anyone who missed this on 3DS, it’s a decent game.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 01:55:51 AM »
I've been holding off on this since hearing about the slowdowns in the 3DS version and not hearing particularly good things about the PC version. Nice to see this EX version!

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 09:04:59 AM »
Hmm... I liked the 3DS game well enough to keep it in my collection. With HD graphics and no slowdown, this sounds interesting. Local co-op would also be awesome if you have anyone willing to blast through the game together.

Pretty niche release, but I like the announcement.
NNID: ejamer

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 11:46:09 AM »
I really, really dig the art in this game.  Is this a side-scrolling beat-em-up?  Might be right up my alley if that's the case, and they fix some of the issues y'all mentioned.