Author Topic: Mafia 69 Sonic '06: Endgame Thread.  (Read 9277 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 69 Sonic '06: Endgame Thread.
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 12:36:35 PM »
Yeah, it actually worked out decently well in the end, nice job pokepal148!

How come no one wants to play with me? So disappointing.
And if it makes you feel any better, I'm not one of the ones who voted for you either. I always like to give active players a chance, at least for a couple days, to see where they fall, and in your case to see what kind of crazy antics you might have cooked up.

Honestly, I decided way before the game even happened that I was going to RP my character, so my role had no factor in it. Once I was dealt the Godfather role, I contemplated changing my mind, as Lucario did some RPing last game. I decided to stick with it and hope for the best. It didn't bite me until the very end.
Actually, that didn't really have much to do with your vote out. I figured this was the role you chose to play and you'd be following it regardless of what role you were handed out, and so for most of the game I could go either way on you being innocent or not and left you alone to pursue others who looked more guilty. You were actually never investigated, what happened was that when we got down to 7 players with myself included, I knew who two of the other townies were, which meant that of those 4 other players, only one was a townie. This alone gave you a 75% chance of being Mafia, and then considering the actions of everyone throughout the game, it seemed more likely to me that you were not the one unidentified innocent. So I suggested we choose to vote you out and that's how it happened. I didn't really know you were the Godfather, that part of it was more of a lucky guess.

Hopefully that cleared up a few things for you.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2016, 11:37:15 PM »

Honestly, I decided way before the game even happened that I was going to RP my character, so my role had no factor in it. Once I was dealt the Godfather role, I contemplated changing my mind, as Lucario did some RPing last game. I decided to stick with it and hope for the best. It didn't bite me until the very end.
Actually, that didn't really have much to do with your vote out. I figured this was the role you chose to play and you'd be following it regardless of what role you were handed out, and so for most of the game I could go either way on you being innocent or not and left you alone to pursue others who looked more guilty. You were actually never investigated, what happened was that when we got down to 7 players with myself included, I knew who two of the other townies were, which meant that of those 4 other players, only one was a townie. This alone gave you a 75% chance of being Mafia, and then considering the actions of everyone throughout the game, it seemed more likely to me that you were not the one unidentified innocent. So I suggested we choose to vote you out and that's how it happened. I didn't really know you were the Godfather, that part of it was more of a lucky guess.

Hopefully that cleared up a few things for you.

Thanks for clearing that up Mop it up. I was curious as to why I suddenly became the target, so I'm glad to see how it went down on your end. I can't fault you for your logic, as it was good deduction (and you were right). While I'm bummed that I was the first taken out and hindering my team, I respect that reasoning. You and the townies deserved the win. It was a close match, and if I'm not going to win, then that's how I want it to go.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 02:06:51 AM »
Yeah, that was pure luck. We had 75% chance of survival and a big enough block of votes. Mafia had advantage for the win as they only needed a tie while we needed a vote out. The key thing I pointed out to the team was that the Mafia didn't know we were a team.

Once tofu got voted out we played out the last days for the record. Then was a slim chance they could have won even with a vote out had we not picked the godfather and they hit me the detective. With the detective still in play we removed chance from our votes ensuring the win.

While it was aggravating team mates kept being sniped, as long as I could keep up with the attrition the vote block would get more powerful by the day even with the same numbers.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?