Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Online N64 And Genesis Controllers Now Available  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

It'd be most impressive if they had Transfer Park functionality on the N64 one.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/58672/nintendo-switch-online-n64-and-genesis-controllers-now-available

The promised N64 and Genesis controllers can now be purchased from the Nintendo store.

US customers can obtain their N64 controller here or their Genesis controller here. Each controller is $49.99 US.

Although the Genesis controller is a 3-button model, the N64 controller will have built in rumble; foregoing the need for a Rumble Pak.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Online N64 And Genesis Controllers Now Available
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 11:11:15 AM »
Boy howdy they cost as much as a 1 year subscription to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pak!

As a result, I only bought two T-T

Two N64 Controllers that is. As neat as the Geneses controller is I'd be paying a hefty $49.99 USD for something that isn't very functionally different from other standards controllers out there? At that price, and with no real Genesis nostalgia etched into my soul, I would probably be better served buying my first Pro Controller...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Online N64 And Genesis Controllers Now Available
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 12:08:02 PM »
The N64 controller essentially has the button layout of a 6 button Genesis controller so I see absolutely no reason to get both.