Author Topic: Battlefield 4 won't be coming won't be coming to WIi U.  (Read 13407 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 4 won't be coming won't be coming to WIi U.
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »
I'm with Shingi in that I don't mind the Wii U being primarily a console for Nintendo, indie, and select Japanese games.  If a new Assassin's Creed or other big third party title comes out, I'd rather play it on a more powerful system anyway.  With Steam, prices drop fast, and even a modest PC can play games at a higher resolution, with a better frame rate, and with better effects than current consoles.

I don't mean to argue that the Wii U is too weak, but rather that it does not need to be the ultimate console, getting every game, to be worthwhile.  As with the Wii, it will probably be a great console with a very different library than the competitors.

As much as I love the PS3/360 games Library the Wii had a ton of weird odd ball games that wouldn't have gotten made on the HD twins.

I do wonder if the Wii U will be the go to for niche Japanese games though. I could see them moving to the PS4 after being on the PS3 for so long.  Even before that I could see them sticking with PS3/Vita for a while to come.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »
Porting the engines if no one else is going to, and no one else will if the creator of the engine won't do it, is a great idea.  Hell, it's pretty much a requirement.  If Nintendo isn't willing to do that, they're pretty much doing jack **** nothing to attract third party support and if Nintendo doesn't care, I won't either and they can just ride off into irrelevance with their heads up their asses.

This Nintendo-games-only routine was a huge FUCKUP on the N64, not what should be the standard expectation of a Nintendo console.  Though I figure if Nintendo actually gave a **** about it they would have fixed it by now.  If you have the best selling console of a generation but have the WORST third party support you either have no idea how to get other companies to support your system or you just don't care.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 01:08:26 PM »
They don't care and neither do I.  So, win. :D

If Nintendo can have the best selling console with the worst third party support, they've got to be doing something right.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »
I cared during the N64 and GameCube times, because back then third-parties actually made games that appealed to me and I had to have a PS1 and PS2 to get complete variety. But I never really felt like I was missing much just having a Wii, I considered getting an Xbox 360 or PS3 at numerous times throughout the generation but never saw enough games to make it worthwhile. This next generation appears as if it will follow that same trend. Wii U and 3DS will be more than enough for my needs.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 08:06:59 PM »
Nintendo should just make the third party games themselves.  Seems like it'd save everyone the trouble.

yes, they should port the engine, then port the game (with exclusive features/enhancements) and give the third parties 90% of the profits. Everybody's happy now.

Did I put too much sarcasm in that!? I'll try to scale it back some :P

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 01:25:30 AM »
The more and more I troll these forums, the more likely I'm believing in the notion that Nintendo should have a dev that just ports $#!+ to the Wii U.  Maybe Nintendo Software Technology can be the porters.  Hell, I'd even go as far as reviving Silicon Knights and having them be the Porter House Steak in this situation based on their work with Twin Snakes.  Hmmm...or both. 
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2013, 03:20:40 AM »
If the Wii U turns out to be a Nintendo only console, I'll be pissed simply because of the waste in potential.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2013, 09:57:17 PM »
There is no way that this drought of support can go no past this year's E3. Nintendo needs to announce a avalance of third party support going towards the end of the year. This would include a reveal of the next Call of Duty and GTA V being for the Wii U day and date as the other versions of the games. Nintendo needs to have their own first party games available as well. This is pure ridiculousness.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2013, 10:02:37 PM »
There is no way that this drought of support can go no past this year's E3. Nintendo needs to announce a avalance of third party support going towards the end of the year. This would include a reveal of the next Call of Duty and GTA V being for the Wii U day and date as the other versions of the games. Nintendo needs to have their own first party games available as well. This is pure ridiculousness.
this is EA being an asshole, nothing new