Author Topic: This is Why I go to NWR  (Read 3556 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
This is Why I go to NWR
« on: September 18, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »
As you noticed I don't play Video Games much, Rarely post in gaming discussion and usually frequent the fun house, and do most discussion in general chat. One may ask why are you still here? Why not find a non gaming forum.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096874/board/nest/142757197?p=3

this is why, its when you get into an argument with someone who agrees with you, and doesn't understand devil's advocate conversation, and then finds something to argue with you about that you explained in a previous post.

that took me like 2 1/2 hours to write, it was a pointless thing to do, but i had to do it. I used to write posts that long here, but those were about how much i loved zelda and how I worship Miyamoto :P More Zelda please?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: This is Why I go to NWR
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 11:40:42 AM »
Why is it always more Zelda with you people? You're like a kindegartner trying to explain the theory of relativity. Miyamoto has enough to do.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »
why are you arguing about time travel in a movie? it boggles the mind why you would spend anytime on this let alone writing a huge pointless post.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:34:52 PM »
Superman can so take the Hulk, it isn't even funny.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »
Superman is the most overpowered pussy that it's not even funny.

He isn't even consistent in what he can and should do.

How can you be faster than a speeding bullet, see through steel, hear people talking from a mile away, fly, breathe in outer space, be indestructable, shoot lasers out of your eyes, breathe breath so cold you could freeze stuff, breathe so hard you could blow stuff away & have the strength to turn a car into a bowling ball or use a tank as a baseball bat, yet manage to let someone sneak up on you who is strong enough to move you with a punch and actually land the punch before you moved out of the way and kicked their ass before they realized you moved?

How is possible to be so overpowered yet such a fuckin pussy at the same time?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 02:53:22 PM »
I don't even bother with IMDB's board, the people are so rude and nasty for the most part.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 02:58:55 PM »
The statement was RETORICAL!!

:P

Maybe Supes likes to pretend he is letting people get the better of him. He is laughing his ass off on the inside.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »
Ahh, just trying to keep things interesting.... for himself.
He could do better.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »
why are you arguing about time travel in a movie? it boggles the mind why you would spend anytime on this let alone writing a huge pointless post.

I'd like to see his rebuttal :) , either 1 thing is going to happen. He is going to shut the **** up, write a gigantically detailed explanation on why I'm wrong without actually proving me wrong, and contradicting himself. He seems like the type of person who would enter a thread with an explanation, and if anyone went into that thread he would argue it to death with a lengthier explanation so that he can be the only one that is right in his eyes. I won't make another post, but if he makes a 4 hour long post than thats worth it just to see him waste his time. As you could see my earlier posts were short, but if you look through the thread all his posts are long. I wonder how old the guy is, this seems like something I would regularly do when I was like 17. I know fighting on the internet is retarded, but sometimes your driven to do it. He just got under my skin.

i'm mentioning it here, because my point was "god I hate other forums because they are filled with people like that"

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »

I'd like to see his rebuttal :) , either 1 thing is going to happen. He is going to shut the **** up, write a gigantically detailed explanation on why I'm wrong without actually proving me wrong, and contradicting himself. He seems like the type of person who would enter a thread with an explanation, and if anyone went into that thread he would argue it to death with a lengthier explanation so that he can be the only one that is right in his eyes. I won't make another post, but if he makes a 4 hour long post than thats worth it just to see him waste his time. As you could see my earlier posts were short, but if you look through the thread all his posts are long. I wonder how old the guy is, this seems like something I would regularly do when I was like 17. I know fighting on the internet is retarded, but sometimes your driven to do it. He just got under my skin.

i'm mentioning it here, because my point was "god I hate other forums because they are filled with people like that"

You must not read Ian's posts.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 04:42:32 PM »
nobody reads Ians post most of the time.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »

I usually agree with Ian

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 06:08:12 PM »
Maybe Superman doesn't really have all of those super powers and just encourages the rumour to make himself intimidating? See: Superman 64.

When it comes to the business side of Nintendo I actually find that I agree with a lot of what Ian Sane says. When it comes to the games however we couldn't be more different.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »

I usually agree with Ian

And you don't play games either? Coincidence, I think not.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »

How can you be faster than a speeding bullet, see through steel, hear people talking from a mile away, fly, breathe in outer space, be indestructable, shoot lasers out of your eyes, breathe breath so cold you could freeze stuff, breathe so hard you could blow stuff away & have the strength to turn a car into a bowling ball or use a tank as a baseball bat, yet manage to let someone sneak up on you who is strong enough to move you with a punch and actually land the punch before you moved out of the way and kicked their ass before they realized you moved?

To do that, you'd need the Flash's ADD.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 11:50:27 PM »

Superman is also a bitch to write for.

He has exactly two states he could be in:

1. Invincible.

2. Fucked.

Either he hasn't been exposed to kryptonite and he's invincible or he HAS been exposed and he's fucked. There's just not much dramatic tension, unlike Batman who must rely upon his wits or die a mortal death.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 12:22:35 AM »
That's why he has his sidekicks. Plus, Superman does have some moral delimas that most don't face, not including the see-thru-walls thing. This is why I love the initial John Byrne run back in the late 80s. He revamped Supes and provided some very entertaining storylines. And I don't think anything written since matches that run.

Gah, I'm an old geek discussing Superman on an Internet forum! Suck it :P

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 01:08:35 AM »
and he fell for it :)