Author Topic: Ex-Team Ninja and some SSBBrawl developers make TMNT for Wii  (Read 33012 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Ex-Team Ninja and some SSBBrawl developers make TMNT for Wii
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2009, 04:56:05 AM »
I found this news so cool. They are actually making a 25th anniversary movie that brings the 80s turtles together with the 2000 turtles. Bebop and Rocksteady return too!

http://www.4kids.tv/show/tmnt-back-to-the-sewer/blog

Seems like a dream movie for fans of both shows.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2009, 01:14:20 PM »
Considering 4kids is treating the cartoon like a pool full of crap, I have little hope this movie is going to be good.

PROVE ME WRONG 4KIDS.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2009, 11:36:14 AM »
Considering 4kids is treating the cartoon like a pool full of crap, I have little hope this movie is going to be good.

PROVE ME WRONG 4KIDS.

I havn't been watching much of back to the sewer, but before they went to the future I absolutely loved what they did with the turtles. Bebop and Rocksteady huh? I know what I said before, but I am honestly really excited to see them redone now. I'm looking forward to this, thanks for the heads up GP.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2009, 02:34:45 AM »
Back to the Sewers was better then Fast Forward but a step below the previous seasons which were fantastic. I think Back to the Sewers suffered from a small budget more then anything. Hopefully this anniversary movie will have decent production values!

I havn't been watching much of back to the sewer, but before they went to the future I absolutely loved what they did with the turtles. Bebop and Rocksteady huh? I know what I said before, but I am honestly really excited to see them redone now. I'm looking forward to this, thanks for the heads up GP.

Well at least this shows Peter and Kevin are at least warming up a bit to characters from the old series. Really I think they could just go back to how they were in the pilot, where they were a real threat (Remember they decimated the turtles and were quite nasty, maybe not super smart but still a threat). I guess the original mirage comic turtles are in it as well.

Here is a link to who all makes an appearance in it:

http://tmnt.wikia.com/wiki/Turtles_Forever

Also here is the AWESOME, poster.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:59:21 AM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2009, 01:08:58 PM »
Holy smokes!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2009, 02:40:10 PM »
I hope they decide on one art style or the other for the movie. I would prefer the 2003-era look. The current look is pretty close, but it looks a little too cheap with all of the straight lines.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2009, 02:50:48 PM »
This could go so wrong.

But it sort of implies that the different TMNT series exist in separate "universes" a la Marvel or DC versions of certain characters, and that they're not separate reboots.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2009, 04:42:43 PM »
I hope they decide on one art style or the other for the movie. I would prefer the 2003-era look. The current look is pretty close, but it looks a little too cheap with all of the straight lines.

They've already screened the movie at Comic Con, supposedly it has a positive reaction all around.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2009, 07:09:32 PM »

They've already screened the movie at Comic Con, supposedly it has a positive reaction all around.
Any links GP?
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2009, 04:31:54 PM »
Here is the NA commercial for the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBkRxztlZ3o

Any links GP?

http://www.tmnt25.com/blog/2009/07/radical-coverage-from-comic-con/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 04:43:30 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2009, 04:38:12 PM »
Just the way I like my trailers!  A bunch of CG with two seconds of low-resolution, minimized gameplay!

Disregarding that glaring problem, it felt like a fun commercial to watch.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2009, 04:49:07 PM »
Looking at the poster for the movie a bit closer I notice that Tokka and Razar is besides 80's Raph and Leo. Above 80's Raph is the silhouette of Shredder and Krang.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2009, 10:34:18 PM »
I can tell you right now this will be two parallel universe stories...and probably start with the original 80s turtles beating up on some Bebop and Rocksteady.  Something tells me the story will be most fun if it is the story of the newer turtles being pulled into the older universe, because it is wackier instead of the other way around.

Personally, I just hope they were good enough to get Usagi into this movie as it would be a great surprise guest appearance.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2009, 08:34:41 PM »
Looks like this game has seen an early release in some places.

Full Roster?
Leo, Don, Mike, Raph, April, Casey, Foot Ninja, Fugitoid, Karai, Shredder, Splinter, Utrominator, Nightwatcher, Rabbid, Rabbid, Rabbid.
Thats right, out of 16 characters slots, 3 are used by Rabbids.

Ultrominator? Whos that?
Its a Krang wannabe(not Krang) from this 2003 episode: Same As It Never Was

Gameplay videos? sure why not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ4Y3ptUgB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F31fi83MtTw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ4Y3ptUgB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQvS79CC2kU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDmxS...om=PL&index=21

I heard there was a pre-order bonus? is it true? you betcha!

Oh you have more questions...? Well don't ask me... look here instead.
http://www.turtledojo.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2009, 03:12:42 AM »
wow this game looks like junk.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2009, 10:46:43 AM »
If they were going to throw rabbids into the game, they might as well have tossed decent Ubisoft characters in, like Rayman, Jade (from BG&E), Sam Fisher and Altaïr.

Still, the game could be pretty good. I'd need to play it first before I could say for sure. Shame they also didn't have more actual TMNT characters. No Rocksteady or Bebop? Bah...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:54:28 AM by Smash_Brother »
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2009, 10:05:40 AM »
Truthfully, I believe this game had a pretty low budget, which could explain the lack of characters.  I just hope that the game sells well enough for a sequel because that is when we open up the safe and get all the good characters we were all hoping for.  Sad, but true that is business...save some characters for the sequel. 

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2009, 04:47:49 PM »
First review in from Official Nintendo Magazine UK. 83%.
It basically states that the fighting mechanics and the game modes are all well done, but players of Super Smash Bros Brawl shouldn't expect much different. In fact, there was a comparison box and it's clear certain features are blatantly copied. TMNT: Smash Up's Castle Stage is identical to Luigi's Mansion in both layout & destructibility, and this game also has imitations of the Coin Launcher and Target Smash modes from SSBB, except you fire shells instead of coins and you break pizzas instead of targets.

I don't know about this. I really enjoyed Brawl and this seems similar in so many ways, but for me personally, the Turtles characters have a much smaller appeal than a Nintendo all-star roster, especially as apparently a lot of desired characters are missing (I have to say, three Rabbids is a bit excessive). Maybe I'll get it down the line sometime.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline BwrJim!

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2009, 05:00:39 PM »
tmnt...   ftw

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2009, 08:30:07 PM »
If they were going to throw rabbids into the game, they might as well have tossed decent Ubisoft characters in, like Rayman, Jade (from BG&E), Sam Fisher and Altaïr.

Still, the game could be pretty good. I'd need to play it first before I could say for sure. Shame they also didn't have more actual TMNT characters. No Rocksteady or Bebop? Bah...

Yeah, as much as I love the Rabbids three of them is insane. The sad part is that the other two Rabbids are dressed up like Sam Fisher and Altair. If they wanted to incorporate other characters why not include the ACTUAL characters instead of Rabbids dressed up as them?

As for the classic characters, there are TONS of characters they could have used. The Rat King, Leather Head, the mutant frogs, the alien triceratops (forget their names), Rocksteady and Bebop, Dr. Baxter in Fly mode, Krang in his suit, the two mutants from the second movie (forget their names), any of the characters from Konami's Tournament Fighters, the list goes on and on...

It seems Ubi is playing the same card as Nintendo; make a decent roster of characters, include some unwanted characters and leave the truly wanted characters for the sequel.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2009, 12:44:45 AM »
It seems Ubi is playing the same card as Nintendo; make a decent roster of characters, include some unwanted characters and leave the truly wanted characters for the sequel.
Yeah.... it took what, 9 years to get Wario in there and even then, he was pretty lame in Brawl. He has a motorcycle and not his shoulder tackle move (final smash doesn't count). Did they play the Wario Land series at all?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2009, 04:43:23 PM »

Oh give me a break.  For each Smash Bros, the majority of all characters deserved to actually be in the game and was a worthy addition to there series.  Just because you guys don't like certain characters, doesn't mean they weren't wanted characters and didn't deserve to be in.  Even someone like Wolf who you all hate was a pretty major character to his series.

With Turtles now, the roster is beyond a joke.  If the Smash Bros had a roster similar to this game, it'd be 95% Mario characters with something like 5 different version of a Goomba playable.  There's a big difference.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2009, 07:32:37 PM »
Yeah.... it took what, 9 years to get Wario in there and even then, he was pretty lame in Brawl. He has a motorcycle and not his shoulder tackle move (final smash doesn't count). Did they play the Wario Land series at all?

I think he's pretty awesome! He's powerful but not slow like Bowser and Ganon. If you decided to master him you can learn some pretty nifty things and strategies.

Oh give me a break.  For each Smash Bros, the majority of all characters deserved to actually be in the game and was a worthy addition to there series.  Just because you guys don't like certain characters, doesn't mean they weren't wanted characters and didn't deserve to be in.  Even someone like Wolf who you all hate was a pretty major character to his series.

With Turtles now, the roster is beyond a joke.  If the Smash Bros had a roster similar to this game, it'd be 95% Mario characters with something like 5 different version of a Goomba playable.  There's a big difference.

And I knew someone would come in and spaz out over that comment :p .

First of all, I didn't say ANYTHING negative about the roster in any of the SSB games. What I said is something that always happens whenever an SSB like game is released. First game is released, they leave out some characters so fans are left wanting more, the sequel hits, some of them made it in, and they include some characters no one wanted. In Melee they wanted characters like Pit and Wario in the roster, and instead they got Mr. Game and Watch and the clones. In Brawl, we finally get Pit and Wario, and we got ROB who no one wanted and lamented the loss of other characters (as an FYI, I love ROB and he's my third most used character, so no bitching about me hating him).

It looks like Ubi using that same strategy in Smash Up. If the game is a decent hit and they are given the opportunity to make a sequel they are likely to expand the roster by including some characters they left out the first time around, including of the fan favorites. Then when the game is missing X character they will leave fans wanting more and that's when the third game comes into play.

Again, not saying that the roster in Brawl was bad (talk about derailing the subject) or expressing my "hate" for the roster. Just stating that its a common practice in some fighting games to leave some characters out and include them in the sequel, and instead add un wanted characters to fill the roster.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2009, 03:10:27 AM »

And I knew someone would come in and spaz out over that comment :p .

First of all, I didn't say ANYTHING negative about the roster in any of the SSB games. What I said is something that always happens whenever an SSB like game is released. First game is released, they leave out some characters so fans are left wanting more, the sequel hits, some of them made it in, and they include some characters no one wanted. In Melee they wanted characters like Pit and Wario in the roster, and instead they got Mr. Game and Watch and the clones. In Brawl, we finally get Pit and Wario, and we got ROB who no one wanted and lamented the loss of other characters (as an FYI, I love ROB and he's my third most used character, so no bitching about me hating him).

It looks like Ubi using that same strategy in Smash Up. If the game is a decent hit and they are given the opportunity to make a sequel they are likely to expand the roster by including some characters they left out the first time around, including of the fan favorites. Then when the game is missing X character they will leave fans wanting more and that's when the third game comes into play.

Again, not saying that the roster in Brawl was bad (talk about derailing the subject) or expressing my "hate" for the roster. Just stating that its a common practice in some fighting games to leave some characters out and include them in the sequel, and instead add un wanted characters to fill the roster.

The thing is with characters like Mr. Game and Watch and ROB, they actually have important history with Nintendo and make worthy additions because of that.  Even someone like Dr. Mario who was just a shameless clone at least had his own series of games and some importance with Nintendo history.  My problem with Turtles Smash is that they put in characters like Ultrominator and Nightwatcher who are very minor and have no real importance to the series, especially when someone like Ultrominator looks a lot like Krang who was a very important character in Turtles history.  It's like, why not put Krang in instead?

It's the characters I described above and the 3 Rabbids that really piss me off about this game.  If Ubisoft wants to save the popular characters for the sequels I'm fine with that, but they could at least fill up the roster with characters that are somewhat deserving.  There are so many good and somewhat famous minor characters throughout Turtles history that they don't have to include 3 non-Turtle related characters and nobodies like Ultrominator and Nightwatch to fill up space.

It would be like if instead of putting Dr.Mario, Pichu, and Roy in Melee, they put in Wing Cap Mario, Metapod and some generic enemy soldier from Fire Emblem.  Or instead of putting ROB and Wolf in Brawl, they put in a playable Powerglove and the train conductor from Macbeth.  It's one thing to have minor unrequested characters, but at least make sure they're somewhat deserving before you do.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2009, 03:52:25 AM »
The sad part is that the other two Rabbids are dressed up like Sam Fisher and Altair.

Those two are actually part of the Rabbids figures series though it took me a while to realize Altair was supposed to be Altair and not a Rabbid with an egg shell on its head. The "spec ops" Rabbids are in Raving Rabbids and the Altair version is apparently an Amazon exclusive bonus feature in Rabbids Go Home.