Author Topic: Famitsu-ton!  (Read 13464 times)

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Famitsu-ton!
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 06:05:27 PM »
I should trademark the name.

Then sue everyone.

While I'm at it, I have also accreditted (sic?) myself with Wangmote.  

P-NES + Wangmote FTW.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 08:22:46 PM »
Ok so, I'm not double posting, but var ist ein infoschtag?

$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Famitsu-ton!
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 08:27:10 PM »
Famitsu-ton confirmed a flop. Rev wont have games, so they can't reveal any, it was a joke by the crafty Famitsu guys.

Tekken 6 for PS3 is the big story, everyone is shocked.

... seriously though, some guy has the magazine but hasn't said anything about the Rev stuff, yet he went out of his way to say it had some generic Tekken 6 surprise announcement for PS3. Waiting for someone competent to get the mag and post on the internet.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 09:06:04 PM »
Maybe the games just really suck and aren't worth talking about.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 09:08:35 PM »
To that guy with the magazine: You are a bastardo!

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 09:12:11 PM »
Damn straight!! Death to the one nutted man
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 02:27:28 AM »
Alright, apparently there are two Rev games covered. That Pangya golf game and an exclusive Konami game called "Elebits", possibly a music game, no details yet.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 03:05:46 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Orgasms.  What I was just talking about E3 excitement.  You had to go turn it sexual with your dirty mind.

Actually, this is why they're probably limiting the seating at the Nintendo conference. The poor janitor can't be paid enough for that clean up.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 03:54:04 AM »

Alright, apparently there are two Rev games covered. That Pangya golf game and an exclusive Konami game called "Elebits", possibly a music game, no details yet.

Pictures? Tell me there are pictures.

Actually, this is why they're probably limiting the seating at the Nintendo conference. The poor janitor can't be paid enough for that clean up.

Well, you could give the extra seats to female game journalists only. But I guess that would require the existence of female game journalists.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2006, 05:43:50 AM »
Elebits details

The game is produced by Shingo Mukaitouge, who worked on Guitar Freaks. You hunt cute pikmin-like creatures called Elebits (electricity bits) - energy sources that make the world move (?). You'll be able to find them by moving things in the game world. As you capture the Elebits, the world evolves (?).

According to Konami, the game will make you make you feel like you are touching the inside of the screen, and wouldn't be possible with exisiting controllers.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Strell

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2006, 06:01:13 AM »
Ok, so, one new game.

That was not Famitsu-ton.

That was Famitsu Snap, Crackle, and Pop.

$10 Bet with Khushrenada

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 06:11:43 AM »
Kind of a disappointment, but I must admit that Elebits sounds really interesting.  Can't wait to see more of it.  I don't know if I've ever bought a Konami title before, this could be my first
Quirky game #1 announced.  Awesome.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 06:23:01 AM »
Indeed, Elebits is probably more my kind of game than was Red Whatever

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 08:08:04 AM »
Elebits sounds like a really cool game.  One thing I like about it aside from the fact that it's a unique idea is that its got personality.  Red Steel doesn't have that.  It sounds like a cool game but it's very generic looking.  One thing I love about Nintendo's games is that they have personality.  They stand out.  Elebits looks like it will stand out.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2006, 08:19:14 AM »
I agree that Red steel does look a bit generic. But you have to take into consideration that we only have seen blurry screens. maybe the personality of the characters will be expressed through dialogue and body language.

Red steel also looks like the kind of game that sells on gameplay, not story or characters. After all, the characters in the GTA games are blatant stereotypes with one track personalities, and look how the game sells.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2006, 08:31:06 AM »
That Elebits game sounds really cool to me, I can't wait to see some of its footage from E3.

Another golf game, sorry but I'm not much of a fan for golf.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 08:39:38 AM »
"Red Steel doesn't have that. It sounds like a cool game but it's very generic looking."

I disagree.  Red Steel isn't spectacular (it's hard to involve vivid personality into a FPS game like that) as far as that goes, but it's far from generic.  The style and design looks much, much more distinctive than most FPS games I've seen or played.  It's easy to make something quirky like Katamari or Elebits charming, much harder to give a FPS a distinctive feel.  Red Steel isn't as unique, but it's far from generic.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2006, 08:39:48 AM »
"Another golf game, sorry but I'm not much of a fan for golf."

Golf's the new World War II.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2006, 09:07:22 AM »
I never played pikmin, and elebits doesn't sound too interesting to me... overall this news was very blah  to me.

A golf game... i suck at golf, if it can teach me a good swing so that when i go to the driving range with my monster friends who consistently drive 200+ yards maybe i won't be doing 50 footers anymore then i might rent it.

Elebits... for me this is a i'll wait for more info then probably never pick it up anyway. Red steel however as soon as i got the first rather meager information about the game i wanted it.

Who knows maybe more info about Elebits will change my mind, the only thing that piqued my interest was the "world evolving" mention. how that is developed and integrated into gameplay would be the only thing changing my mind, maybe the hunting aspect too, but it'd have to be coupled with the world evolution.  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2006, 09:34:50 AM »
Without further information, allow me to speculate as to what sort of game elebits is...

Platform gameplay: Elebits allows players to move around and xplore a world in search of the titular creatures
Adventure/Exploration gameplay: Because elebits are hidden and will require players to actively search for them, this is more of an adventure/exploration bit
3D Object manipulation: It's mentioned that elebits are found by picking up or moving objects via the freehand, possibly a 3D object manipulation thing via gestures
Music: The designer's pedigree and the "electric bits" lead me to believe that audio feedback will play at least a minor role in the game
Expanding world: The evolving world statement makes one think that the main purpose of finding elebits is to solve puzzles that open up new areas for exploration
Puzzle gameplay: Perhaps in order to expand the world and unlock new areas players will use elebits to solve puzzles

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »
"I never played pikmin"

Well that's your first mistake.  Magnificent game.
I love quirky titles like Elebits, sounds very much like my cup of tea.  Now, I think the comparison to Pikmin is being taken too seriously.  They're small, but that's it.  Otherwise it's a different game.  They shouldn't have compared the two.
I think Kairon is on pretty much the right track.  Though the evolving world made me think, as you gather these energy creatures elebits, the world will actually evolve.  Not just expand.  It'll become more complex, and finding new elebits to get farther will involve new and more  advanced skills.  They will be less common, and there will be more room to search.
But that's just speculation.  Looking forward to more info

Offline KirbySStar

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2006, 10:05:57 AM »
An original game from Konami for a Nintendo console.  This is ground breaking.  How long has it been since we've gotten one of those?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2006, 10:23:59 AM »
Castlevania on DS?  Like, six months ago.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2006, 10:51:46 AM »

Originally posted by: Caliban
Another golf game, sorry but I'm not much of a fan for golf.

"Another"?  What other Rev golf game has been announced?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline heinous_anus

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2006, 10:55:17 AM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Castlevania on DS?  Like, six months ago.

Home console?