Author Topic: DS Launch Titiles  (Read 10672 times)

Offline Kunoichi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:DS Launch Titles
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2004, 06:05:59 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
I meant that launching the DS with a cute game isn't going to affect anything...

I think it will,. there are a lot of people out there who complain about Nintendo's games for a younger audience, those are the type of people who will not buy a system for stupid reasons like that. It may not be a large amount of individuals, but there are some people who think like that. And again, theres no real need for Nintendo to give away Nintendogs with DS.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: DS Launch Titles
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2004, 09:13:22 PM »
I think they should put it into the japanese version. Japanese women like cute things and japanese in general love gadgets. That would give Nintendo an edge in Japan and especially the much touted female userbase (why do you think The Sims sold that much?).

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2004, 07:26:05 AM »
The problem I see is.  With each built in software within the DS the price to make them is more expensive.  I would rather have more memory to store Linkplay games than another built in program to the DS.

Nintendogs isn't neccessarily a simple low memory product anyway.  It could be a very advanced game that deserves an entire cart to design.

The chat program alone will help appeal to women.  Nintendogs would be the perfect launch game for girls to buy.

Besides women.  Children will love the game.  (And I know that we as older gamers hate the idea, but Nintendo appealing to children is still smart.)

Little girls will love to play with dogs on the go and have virtual pets that act and behave like real pets.  Its literally the next evolution of the virtual pet.  You can interact with them physicall and actually play real games with the animals instead of just push buttons.

Offline Chongman

• LOL Breaking Tables is Cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2004, 07:30:49 PM »

launch lineup is revealed the 7th, right??
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ooberage
------------
in the days of yesteryear I'm still playing SMB3, chrono trigger, and
reading calvin and hobbes

~*~*~*~
PSP vs NDS....c'mon...really...who in their right gaming mind will buy the PSP?

Believe...Nintendo
Stop....whining

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2004, 07:32:51 PM »
correct this thurday.  It'll probobly be before you wake up.  

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2004, 07:50:35 PM »
yeah Japan is actually ahead time wise...  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2004, 08:18:41 AM »
Actually.  We are just speculating that the launch lineup will be revealed.  I don't think Nintendo has actually stated such.  This press conference is actually still quite a mystery.  

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2004, 01:40:06 PM »
Kunoichi? Your in the ds-insider forums too! thats cool
Banned

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2004, 07:22:17 PM »
It does feel good though to finally know the launch lineup, even if it isn't "perfection" as many people were hoping for/expecting.   I'm stoked for Mario 64 DS, regardless of the overly long lame name.

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2004, 07:39:53 PM »
^i agree

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MODERATORS! STOP CHANGING MY PROFILE STUFF! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG! I SAID THAT THERE WAS A DIFFERENT TOPIC CONTAINING STUFF, "My DS idea" REMEMBER? LEAVE ME ALONE!
Banned

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2004, 07:41:16 PM »

Originally posted by: Kunoichi

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
I meant that launching the DS with a cute game isn't going to affect anything...

I think it will,. there are a lot of people out there who complain about Nintendo's games for a younger audience, those are the type of people who will not buy a system for stupid reasons like that. It may not be a large amount of individuals, but there are some people who think like that. And again, theres no real need for Nintendo to give away Nintendogs with DS.

I really wish people didn't suck.

Fuzzy eybrows!