Author Topic: Wii Sensor Bar that Powers via USB?  (Read 4568 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Wii Sensor Bar that Powers via USB?
« on: November 13, 2012, 12:16:01 PM »
Has anyone seen a Wii Sensor Bar that powers itself via USB?  I've seen some wireless ones that recharge via USB, but the ones I've seen need to be turned on - I want one that's always on so long as there's power via USB.

Thoughts?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Sensor Bar that Powers via USB?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 12:28:35 PM »
Yeah.  I looked for this when I got my second Wii oh-so-long-ago and didn't have much luck.  Figured there still wasn't much out there when I posted this.

As soon as I did, I started googling it and saw the options for making my own *and* found one for sale via Amazon for $25.

But then I found these...

http://www.amazon.com/Nextronics-Sensor-Eyes-Wii-Nintendo/dp/B0047QCI3K/ref=sr_1_11?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1352827489&sr=1-11&keywords=Wii+USB+Sensor+Bar

Powered via USB (which means I can plug them into the TV and have power no matter which Wii is on).  And can be set up to be as wide as the TV.

I think these win.  Seem to have good reviews (lowest is one 3-star, and that's because the first one they received was defective...).
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:52:07 PM »
Yeah.  I looked for this when I got my second Wii oh-so-long-ago and didn't have much luck.  Figured there still wasn't much out there when I posted this.

As soon as I did, I started googling it and saw the options for making my own *and* found one for sale via Amazon for $25.

But then I found these...

http://www.amazon.com/Nextronics-Sensor-Eyes-Wii-Nintendo/dp/B0047QCI3K/ref=sr_1_11?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1352827489&sr=1-11&keywords=Wii+USB+Sensor+Bar

Powered via USB (which means I can plug them into the TV and have power no matter which Wii is on).  And can be set up to be as wide as the TV.

I think these win.  Seem to have good reviews (lowest is one 3-star, and that's because the first one they received was defective...).
I'm going to assume that you will be using these different Wiis on the TV with the USB ports.  More than likely if the TV isn't on its not going to give power.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 01:02:03 PM »
The way I'll have it set up is that the three Wiis (and the Wii U) will all go to the main TV.  Then, optionally, one of each of the other two Wiis will each go to a smaller TV as well (Any Wii on the big TV, or a different Wii on each TV).

This, of course, will generally mean that I'll have the big TV on at any point - but if I'm playing a game that requires the sensor bar, it'd be awkward on the smaller TVs.  But, the only time I can see requiring one of them on the small TV would be for something like Brawl or Mario Kart - online games that don't really use the sensor bar.

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »
I have a question about the sensor bar. If I make my own sensor bar and make it as wide as my TV screen, will shooting games become more accurate because the sensor bar is relative to my TV size?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »

Got these in today.  They work... just like a sensor bar. :D

If you need a really huge sensor bar (which I don't, with the distance from my couch to my TV, the included instructions say to put them roughly the same distance apart as the stock sensor bar) *or* if you need a sensor bar powered by USB, these will do you the trick.

Plugged 'em into the back of my TV and they work like a charm.