Author Topic: Bonus Dicscs out already?!  (Read 4469 times)

Offline Cerberus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bonus Dicscs out already?!
« on: February 09, 2003, 12:39:11 PM »
In a lot of Zelda websites, I am seeing that people already have the bonus disc and have sent the websmasters scans of the booklet thing. I went to my local EB where I pre-ordered WW today to see if they already had the bonus discs yet but they said, "we don't know how these people got them yet, but we're not getting them until the 17th." Is it just my EB that doesn't have the discs right now or are there others of you that don't have them yet? Or are these online shoppers that have (or don't have) them already?
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 12:45:48 PM »
Nintendo shipped out a small number of the discs to the online stores and the actual physical stores. The online stores are being allowed to ship them out now. The physical stores on the other hand are supposed to wait till the 16th to hand them out (why I don't know)  but some stores are handing them out anyway. If the store you pre-ordered at is being cool and handing them out now or is doing what they've been told is completely up to luck. My EB told me they have them but they won't give them out till the 16th. It's worst than your situation because I know they have the damn things in the store they just won't give it to me.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 06:46:09 AM »
I got my bonus disk this morning.  Quite a shock because I wasn't expecting it until Wednesday the 12th.  I ordered through EBGames.com.  I don't like that Nintendo made the inside of the instruction manual so boring, shades of yellow-orange and black and gray.  Just cheap if you ask me, but for getting two free games as a bonus makes up for it I guess.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 07:15:42 AM »
I don't know why people bitch about the art for the box and the manual. It's a free game fer christ sake. We're lucky we didn't just get a paper envelope like Japan did.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 07:31:05 AM »
The box and manual art is fine, it is just the inside of the manual that is boring.  I'm not complaining about it, just disappointed that it was such strange color selection.  I would have preferred just gray scale.  The color scheme does make the screen shot inside rather dark and hard to see what is being shown.  

Nintendo did the different packaging because in Japan didn't they get the bonus disk with the new Zelda game, were as we get the bonus disk early?

[EDIT]  Oh, and the special preview booklet included for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is in full color, by the way.

Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 08:05:26 AM »
I went to my local EB today to inquire about when they were getting their bonus discs in.  Here's a paraphrased transcript of my conversation with one of the clerks.

Ian: "Hi I preordered Zelda for Gamecube a few weeks back and I've read reports of online retailers already shipping the bonus disc.  Do you have any idea when you guys are getting the discs in?"
Clerk: "Um, I think the bonus disc comes in March and the game comes in Aug... I mean April."
I then proceed to give him a look as if he had just took a sh!t on a crucifix.
Clerk: *noticable nervous*  "I, uh, might have the months mixed up.  Let me look it up."  *Looks stuff up*  "Uh, yeah, the bonus disc comes in LATE February [I give him a look] , maybe more like mid February, and the game comes in March.  We'll call you when it comes in."
Ian: "Thank you"

So basically the guy didn't know anything and after wasting five minutes of my time looking stuff up gave me the same "We don't know but we pretend we do" answer that I got when I preordered the game.  Why couldn't he have said "as far as I know we haven't heard anything from Nintendo about getting the bonus disc in early."  That takes two seconds and although the news is disappointing I at least don't leave the store thinking "what a dumbass".  And if you don't know the date a game comes out (and with a major title like Zelda you SHOULD know) look it up right away instead of pretending you know.

Offline Stewpot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 08:54:28 AM »
I just received my bonus disk today!  Like other people, I was expecting to receive it on Wednesday.  I did not realize that there would be previews for other games, although on second thought, it makes sense for Nintendo to do that.  I have had trouble ordering games from EBgames before; this time, they came through.  OoT is one of my favorite games of all time and I am excited to play it once more.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 11:46:31 AM »
Plenty of places to talk about this already.  You can continue this conversation in Talkback.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers