Author Topic: Lost  (Read 117990 times)

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Lost
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2006, 06:53:53 PM »
OH MY GOD SEASON FINALE!

Just I thought the show was starting to go downhill...wow, what a comeback. I didn't know of the existence of http://www.valenzettifoundation.org/, or Bad Twin, or anything! Still the best show on TV. Won't leave any spoilers here just yet...suffice it to say, if you've missed it, find your way to a torrent site! Insanely great comeback.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2006, 09:51:46 PM »
This episode(s) just plain rocked it tonight.  Can't be more pleased.  Plenty of questions answered, and plenty more brought up.  It's great.  No spoilers here either, but suffice it to say that these next few months are going to be crazy as we wait in anticipation.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:Lost
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2006, 11:35:12 PM »
How can it just end like that? And it only answered 2 1/2 questions... what happens when you don't push the button, what the button is for and how/why the plane crashed* and then touched on a few more.

Questions that I have that weren't addressed:
What the hell is the security system?
who the hell are the "others" aka "hostiles" aka "the good guys"?
what the hell is the Dharma Initiative really about?
How do they know who everyone is?
why do they only want certain people?
how did a pirate ship get in the middle of the island
if the magnetic force is soo strong, how did they manage to build a steel and concrete bunker around it?
why set up a test to push the button? if it was so important why not automate it?
why set up a "listening post" to observe the button pushers?
why kidnap Claire and then try to steal her baby?
how is it that an island that big can not be found by satellite?
what is the sickness that was supposedly going around? Roseau mentions it alot.
why would the "others" need costumes and fake beards?
what caused the very specific dreams that Loc and Echo had?

ahhhh, there are so many more questions that will probably never be explained, but thats probably better because everytime tey try to explain something it only makes room for more questions.

New questions that need answers:
they say they found it, but what exactly were they looking for?
what exactly would cause the sky to change color like that?
what exactly would create such a noise.
Why would the "others" worry about real names or appearances?
why can't the survivors venture to the other side of the island?
why have they set-up a fake camp and fake bunker?
what did they do to Micheal's son?
what the hell was that bird, and why did it sound like it called out Hurley's name?

*I kinda figured out why the plane crashed a while ago but it was only a hunched that is now confirmed

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2006, 05:21:11 AM »
BlackNMild:

Don't forget they also pretty much finished Michael and Walt's story on the Island.  They are gone.

I don't see this season finale as the finishing of a great storyarc and season...but the midpoint of a story arc leading into season three.

We know that the others have Jack, Kate, and Sawyer near a beach and that is where Sayid basically is.  I have a feeling we are opening up season three with Rambo rescue mission.  Final answers about the hatch, and then we will be moving on.

A friend of mine believes season three will be more supernatural again, since season two was mostly scientific, and I think it is a good direction.

The show finale was amazing, and truly left you questioning everything you saw.

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2006, 04:52:43 PM »
Yeah man...they can't answer too much, they have tio give ppl reasons to watch the show...if they answered all those questions, the new questions that they bring up have to have enough weight to totally replace them, which in my opinion, these don't. What they do accomplish is that they broaden the story outside of the 'island', which should make for a VERY interesting third season.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2006, 05:49:03 PM »
It would make a bit of sense considering the way the show has broadened so far.  Watch Season 1 again, not a single hint of technology or hatches for the vast majority of the season.  It really is amazing.

Season 1 had a lot more scary sounds and tree's falling down, however.  Lot more "how do we survive" type of thing, and also - anyone remember the caves?  

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2006, 05:56:01 AM »
Third Season starts tonight anybody else excited? I'm interested to see where they are going to take the show. If it doesn't start picking up again though I'm done with it. The 1st season was amazing and the beginning of the 2nd was good, the rest has been crap. But I have high hopes for tonight and I expect some action which will be nice.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2006, 11:12:19 AM »
Hell yes.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2006, 02:18:44 PM »
I almost forgot about it. Sweet.

6 uninterrupted episodes, then taking off until the spring... then they come back with rest of the season uninterrupted.

The writers said it'd be less mythological and more action. Probably a good thing, too. They kinda lost me when the monster turned out to be a black puff of smoke.
"wow."

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2006, 05:12:56 PM »
Hmm dont know what to say about this episode. It was pretty interesting but I feel like over three seasons we have gone nowhere. I feel even more in the dark now than ever before. If we don't get some damn answers soon I think I'll just wait until the rest of the episodes air for the first part of this season then watch them all together.  
Check out PixlBit!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2006, 02:01:19 AM »
Amazing episode as usual, really if you people are looking for answers then I suggest you look else where. Lost is a character driven show that is more focused on the people and their reactions to what is going on around them, it is completely unique from most shows on TV. Yeah their are mysteries and questions, but what makes Lost great are the characters, not how the story is progressing. I sure hope that people haven't pressured the writers into completely ruining it with making it more action packed.  

::rant::

What Lost does not need is it to be dumbed down for the ADD people out there that can't stand not being spoon fed answers and don't appreciate the depth of the characters, which I find to be far more interesting than "What is going on" even if that is engaging as well. Lost was built around characters and it should remain about characters, and I would sure hate to see the whiners ruin one of most unique shows EVER because they don't appreciate the dialogue over the answers (and actually makes you think). I would rather see the show cancelled before it becomes what some people want it to be. So I say if you are one of those peoples who dislike it because it "hasn't revealed much in the way of answers" well I would be thrilled if you watched another show and instead turn that show into generic garbage through your complaints (Or maybe it already is, so you don't have to. YOu can be satisfied from the get go). I seen the same thing happen with Smallville where its 2nd and 3rd seasons were more character driven, yet after complaints that have turned it into a more "me happy, have lots of action" type of show.

::end of rant::
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2006, 07:03:32 AM »
VG, I fell in love with Lost the first season and it always felt like you were learning little by little about the island and about the people. The second season felt like a stand still, the show didn't really go too far and in general I found myself becoming bored with what was being offered. To me at least, it doesn't seem like there is a master plan for the show. Every episode introduces more and more questions and almost no answers. I just feel like some loose ends should be tied up before new questions arise. I most certainly don't want Lost dumbed down and I don't think action is the answer either, it needs some of the magic it used to have. Before, the shw was about man against the element and the people had to work together to survive. I always found that interesting. Aside from that, we knew something was not quite right with the island and the little clues that popped up here and there made it all the more interesting. I want to have some clue about "The Others" and what their deal is. Knowing nothing about them for an entire season at this point is just frustrating. Like I said I didn't like the second season and I think the show spun it's wheels for so long that now I am hesitant to spend time watching. The one thing I will say is that there is still enormous potential for the show I just think the writers need to decide where they are taking the plot and then run with it. Though I'm not an anime fan (my fiancee is), the one thing I like about their style is that they have a story to tell and they tell it without wasting time. Whether it will air for 5 years or 5 weeks it tells it's story and that's it, no filler. Lost seems like a show they could wrap up by the end of this season or in 1 more season, but I can see them just wasting time in order to make more money for ABC. I just want to wrap up by saying that I'm not hating on Lost, I love the show, but I just don't want to see it waste it's potential by losing direction that it seemed to have in the first season.

In the meantime I will enjoy Prison Break, and hopefully Lost gains back the direction it seemed to lose somewhere down the line.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2006, 11:16:54 AM »
Mr. Jack you should watch the Season 2 DVD of Lost, it will show you there is indeed a plan for the show and will help you appreciate Season 2 even more. Don't believe me? Well you should check out this review he felt the same.  

Here is a little snippet:

Starting with Disc One after some nine months of seeming disappointment with the show, I originally looked at the task of reviewing the show as an unenviable and unenjoyable one. Thankfully, I was wrong; the series plays much better on DVD, where one can watch as much or little as one wants (or has time for), and where the extra features actually expand and explain the conception of the show as it transitions into Season Three. The bonus materials remind fans that there is an actual plan to the show's flow, and that there are forces both creative and technical at work designing the intricate and secretive tales that expand the Lost mythology. This is definitely one of the best TV-to-DVD sets of the year, and a must-have for inveterate and uninitiated Lost fans alike.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2006, 12:31:01 PM »
Wow, that sounds very interesting VG, I will have to pick up the DVD's then. Like I said, I really like the show and I would love to have some more incite into the show. That reviewer hit the nail on the head with how I felt, so maybe this will help right some of the wrongs in the show. Thanks for the heads up!
Check out PixlBit!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2006, 12:37:37 PM »
No problem, really though out of all the ones dissapointed with Lost you definately have the most legit reasons. I just get upset when I hear people complain about it being more dialogue driven and how they want to completely change the show to more action/oriented when it is not meant to be that.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2006, 01:19:01 PM »
Yeah I agree, that is most definitely not the answer. There are enough action shows out there. Lost is all about the people and the crazy island they are on. More action would water down the show and then I really wouldn't care about it. Hopefully most of my worries with the show will be solved by the Season 2 DVDs.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2006, 05:48:28 PM »
I guess why I get kind of touchy about it is that I was a huge fan of Smallville (my favorite seasons were 2 and 3), and I seen it shift from characters to being more action oriented. The reason for this was because people didn't like the slower moving seasons so they brought in some writers who worked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer to make it more action oriented. Do I still watch the show? Yeah I do, it is still fun to watch but it is almost a shell of what it once was, and I would hate for Lost to fall into that trap.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2006, 12:11:45 PM »
ok now..i wanna see whats going on back at the camp!!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2006, 02:05:06 PM »
I agree about last season. The problem for me was all the breaks and reruns, and they didn't have as many "critical" cliffhangers. It felt like time went very slowly, even though it wasn't.

First episode this season was good for starters. It should be better this time with the new scheduling, too. Jacked for tonight's episode!
"wow."

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2006, 06:14:52 PM »
BUCKS ON LOST!!!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2006, 10:02:55 AM »
did they kill Ekko? !!!!! M*ther F#cker!!!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2007, 07:57:03 PM »
Not sure if you guys have seen the last two episodes, but they have been stellar so far (especially the last one). Should be quite interesting to see how the revelations in the last one impact the series in the long run, both the philosophy behind the show and the characters.

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2007, 03:41:54 PM »
Lost is so good.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2007, 06:39:57 PM »
Did something interesting finally happen? Maybe I'll go watch it on my DVR box now.... in a little while.... maybe.

edit: So what was so good about the last episode? I like Hurley too, but still the story just never really seems to move along. Ohhh, yay!!!! Now they have a car!!! and 6 year old stale, flat, warm beer!!!
Now I have more questions.... how did the dog get into the car to steal Rogers arm, and how were the keys still in the hand, since for one: the only open window and therefore access to the inside of the car was the driver side window, and two:why weren't the keys still in the ignition since it would seem obvious that Roger was driving the car when it tipped over and probably died because of the wreck.

Once again, they have managed to raise more questions without answering any. Its a vicious cycle that is losing them viewership.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2007, 08:59:57 PM »
Did Lost come bursting back to justify the 14/15-week gap? No.