Author Topic: Lost  (Read 117991 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE: Lost
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2006, 04:38:44 PM »
yeah,  look  for  her in a  flash back...

also  libby has been  accused of  being a  habitual  liar...she may not be a shrink.........  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Lost
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2006, 05:06:11 PM »
Amazing episode, especially compared to the garbage that was the last episode.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2006, 01:07:49 PM »
Claires gonna have Locke's baby!

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2006, 03:17:40 PM »
I know, and Lockes' like 46 years older than her.

lol sorry bout earlier on aim perm, my cousin raped my computer, you're un-blocked now.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2006, 04:11:58 PM »
right now the episode i s  doing pretty good,  for me i t jsut  started

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2006, 04:15:53 PM »
Amazing.
I love Sayid.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2006, 06:16:22 AM »
Ok.  I love this show, and thought to pop in and give my thoughts on the latest episodes.

So some spoilers may be given.

DAVE is the most standalone episode this show has ever had.  I think the writers gave us a few interesting character reveals, but most of this episode was about messing with the fans.

They obviously toyed with us about the Island being all a dream, a previous theory...and about the Island being Purgatory.  Henry's rant to Locke "Do you think God can see us here?"  or something like that.

Finally I believe they are messing with us about the theory of the button.  Either one of two things is happening with the button.

1)The button isn't real and it is a psychology experiment.  That would mean that somehow the survivors found the one of the least important hatches on the island, and the experiments going on/ or WERE going on with the other hatches are all more important.  I really can't get into this theory, though if its true it would fit with the mind games that Lost writers are giving us.  (Best mind games since X-Files by the way.)

2) The Button and hatch DO something.  We just don't know what yet.  Henry could be lying to Locke and he really has pushed the button.  Locke's character theme is that he is looking for a friend or family that he can trust, and he is gulliable and can't let things go.  Perhaps Henry has gotten to him by staying and saving his life.  And now Henry has an ally to manipulate.  Remember, he wouldn't have suspected that Sayid would have dug up the grave...who would defile a grave?  

The second option is that Henry didn't push the button and it STILL does something or is in the process of doing something and we don't know what it is.  This is personally what I believe...and I say we may or may not ever find out if this is true or not.

But too many wierd things are going on with the Island for this one experiment to be as simple as a test to see if a 2 man human team would continue to push a button indefinately.  Humans thrive for a purpose in life, and I have no doubt that given the right circumstances that someone told to push a button would create that as their purpose.

Of course...if there is no purpose to it...like Jack said at the end of Season one.  We are about to have a Locke problem.  And this Locke problem is going to be very big, and very dangerous.

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2006, 03:23:31 PM »
God I love this show.  The Lost writers are in some trouble though, revealing so many questions without very many answers.  It's gotta be hard work tying up so many open ends.  :-P  For example, Boone's back story was insanely mysterious and there were several questions raised about him.  With his death, fans thought that Shannon would be the key to Boone.  Now Shannon's gone too, and the way it seems, we're never going to get those Boone questions answered.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2006, 07:34:06 PM »
You don't want to reveal all the mysteries of the characters ever, because then there is no mystery or magic to them.  Now Shannon and Boon live in a special place of speculation within all of us.

The show is much like X-Files for every clue and answer it gives the show produces 3 more questions.  And although the mysteries seem too great to ever unfold, you also have the since that they are just a few episodes away from revealing everything.  Seriously, I believe they could reveal the secrets in a proper way super fast whenever they need to, and it would work.

They won't because toying with the fans is what keeps the show fun and alive.

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
Tonight's a Rose/Bernard episode.  That should be interesting.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2006, 05:42:08 AM »
And it was.

Finally Michael is back.  I loved his character and Walter.  

Will we be getting Walter back at the end of the season?

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2006, 04:51:39 PM »
I actually didn't enjoy it.  I don't like these useless filler episodes.  I like plot, and this is really superficial of me to say, but I prefer action to character development.  I didn't even enjoy the Michael thing at the end because I called it before hand.  But of course that set up the next episode to be an amazing one - Michael undoubtedly has tons of answers for us now and judging by the preview, they're going on another expedition to save Walt.  The season's winding down, expect these last 6-7 episodes to be full of thrills.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2006, 12:16:17 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
And it was.

Finally Michael is back.  I loved his character and Walter.  

Will we be getting Walter back at the end of the season?

I wonder.

The rumor is that Walt has gone through a growth spurt and his voice is changing, which would complicate things since it's only been "2 months". I guess you could blame it on the island, but that's kinda weak.  
"wow."

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2006, 01:40:31 AM »
Wow. Talk about spoiler of the century.

Season 2 hasn't even started here.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2006, 07:19:32 AM »
Sorry Plugabugz.

We forget that people are behind us.

BigJim:  They could do one of two things...find another actor for Walt.  Or just go with the same actor and remind everyone "Hey its TV stuff like this happens when using child actors...and don't take us TOO SERIOUSLY anyway."

I don't want Walt and Michael's story to end.  There is too much mystery to it, and too much left unanswered...if Walt doesn't return.

I have heard alot of people complain that Season 2 was mostly filler.  I remember them taking 3 episodes just to really explore and explain the hatch and it drove me crazy at first.  But then I realized...this show isn't about the island its about the people.  And the writers are going a great job of continually building up character interaction and drama in subtle ways.

For instance.  People thought the Jack and Sawyer poker scene was weak.  But in truth it points out the rivalry between the two.  Sawyer conned everyone into the guns and medicine and now Jack was getting him back.  Another interesting twist is that although Sawyer says he is a bad guy and he definately does evil things...NO BODY IS AFRAID OF HIM.  He either really isn't that bad or people know how to deal with him and that makes him a nonissue.  And guess what Sawyer sees that and HATES it.  He wants to matter and be important.

This season is slow, but great.  Tons of things are answered about the island and about the castaways...and it has been slowly building to a huge climatic season finale.  Something season one never did.  It was great throughout, but I never felt it was building up to something.  The season finale could have been a regular episode.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2006, 07:03:57 PM »
(Don't read this post if you don't want spoilers. )

The storytelling is still good, but the show lacks continuity this season. Most cliffhangers don't lead into the next episode. They're dropped indefinitely and eventually come back to it. For example, the monster. Never heard from or even talked about again. What about the army they're building? We got Libby's surprise at the end of Hurley's episode, but that wasn't carried over. Like the other things, it's dropped until some random episode in the future.

I understand that answers should create new questions, but the gaps in continuity accomplish it in a way I find annoying rather than "must tune in next week." The stories themselves are good but I don't like stuff being dropped for half the season.

There's been Henry Gale for the last several weeks, which is good. And it looks like the last 5 episodes will build up to something cool.

Still, I tune in. Glad to see Michael's back.  
"wow."

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2006, 01:06:40 PM »
Well, the monster nobody is traveling deep into the woods as much...or atleast not exploring the direction the Monster is attacking...remember there is a centralized area of where the monster is.  It isn't dropped the main explorers just have more going on.

The army was put on back burner, because of Henry.  Hey when you have caught a potential other then you need to get information from them...

Besides the army comment was just a line Ana Lucia talked about and never had real support.  I don't think even Jack supported it...he was just upset that Sun (One of the few nurturing figures on the island) was hurt.  And when everyone saw they were played by Jack the idea for an army kinda died...along with the firearms to keep it going.

But now Michael is back with locations to where the others are and news how to fight them.  The last four episodes could be the fabled war with the others that we assumed would occur.

I don't plot devices are being dropped I think they are being seeded.  And seeds need time to grow or they will die quickly.

The pacing of this show is great, because it "feels" right.

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2006, 11:41:27 PM »
I'm sure all of those things will come to fruition. Like I said the stories are good, it's just the format that drives me nuts.
"wow."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2006, 11:59:53 PM »
Because i hear so much about how this is such a great show(the 1st season atleast) I am currently in the process of obtaining the 1st season which I will probably start watching sometime monday nite (after 24 & prison break of course)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2006, 05:49:17 AM »
BlackNMild:  From what I understand it really is a love/Hate kind of show.  I know people that love it and literally live and breath Lost.  And I know people that watched one episode and said enough.

I can't get enough of it.  You can watch the show several times and pick up more and more stuff that you missed.  This is especially true about season one.  

Season two is different...it has all of those elements again, but so much more is going on with the survivors it is really is hard to keep up.  Everyone is doing something different, and just like trying to keep up with 20 something survivors its difficult to put everything into place.  

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2006, 02:42:43 PM »
They could...you know, kill him.  Or say that experiments were being conducted on him by the Others.  It would be really wild if like they found him and he was now played by like a 20 year old actor, like the Others did something.  I guess that'd get rid of the old actor and serve as a decent way of explaining it.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2006, 07:09:57 PM »
jesus cristos, con dios!!!!!

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2006, 08:13:49 PM »
Yeah, what the crap.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2006, 09:48:44 AM »
i hope those blankets save libby from dying, because Hurly needs his action. Sawyer got some from Analucia..therefore she must die. Plus we need someone to rat out michael and ruin hte others plans, and her character hasn't even been flashbacked yet. Live Libby!

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2006, 10:53:32 PM »
Locke still remains the best character of all time while Jack needs to stop trying to be Stalin as well as give up being an ass.

Too many coincidences and dreams for Locke and everyone to just be there for no reason.  I think that the button really does do something incredibly important and that is why people observed it being pushed or that pushing the button will lead Locke and co. to what is really important.