Author Topic: Bandai Announces Tamagotchi: Corner Shop for DS  (Read 4473 times)

Offline LassePalle

• PGC Staff Writer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bandai Announces Tamagotchi: Corner Shop for DS
« on: August 27, 2005, 03:51:47 AM »
It's a mini-game-based shop simulation game with Tamagotchi characters.

Bandai Games Announces Tamagotchi® Shop Simulation    

Set Up Shop with Tamagotchi Characters from the Popular Virtual Pet Tech Toy on the Nintendo DS

CYPRESS, CA - August 25, 2004 - Bandai Games Inc. today announced  Tamagotchi®: Corner Shop (working title), a shopping simulation set in the world of Tamagotchi and developed exclusively for the Nintendo DSTM. In the game, players open specialty shops, and develop their businesses by servicing customers through mini games that utilize the Nintendo DS's touch-screen functionality. Scheduled for release this winter, Tamagotchi: Corner Shop features a colorful, hand-drawn visual style, popular Tamagotchi characters, and a variety of different shops.    

"Tamagotchi fans will love opening shops, playing mini games with the DS stylus, and working alongside their favorite characters," said Laura Yoshioka, Product Manager at Bandai Games. "Tamagotchi: Corner Shop is easy to pick up and play for fans of all ages, and the touch screen creates a unique and interactive experience.    

Tamagotchi: Corner Shop is based on the wildly popular Tamagotchi "virtual pet," which debuted back in 1996 and sold more than 40 million units worldwide. Not only did the Tamagotchi spur a pop culture phenomenon, it launched a brand new toy category and has prompted countless imitators. Based on strong consumer demand, Bandai America Inc. reintroduced the tech toy in late 2004 as "Tamagotchi Connection" to a new generation of young fans.    

In Tamagotchi: Corner Shop, players help Mametchi, Memetchi or Kuchipatchi set up a shop, with the ultimate goal of creating a "royal" shop that is a favorite of Princess Tamako. Players can select from a variety of different stores, including a bakery, beauty salon, dentist's office, flower shop, and more. Once the shop is open, players will help their customers by completing mini games with the Nintendo DS stylus. Players apply makeup, treat cavities, decorate cakes and complete many other shop-specific tasks to earn Gs, the Tamagotchi money unit, and progress towards "royal" shop status! Shop interiors can be customized, and cute Tamagotchi characters will make appearances throughout the game.    

Features for Tamagotchi: Corner Shop Include:    

Selection of different shops - bakery, dentist's office, beauty salon and more    

Colorful, hand-drawn visual style    

Choice of three Tamagotchi business partners - Mametchi, Memetchi and Kuchipatchi    

Shop-specific mini games that utilize the Nintendo DS stylus    

Cute non-playable characters from the world of Tamagotchi    

Shop customization options    

Fun sound effects for each mini game, from cake cutting to filling cavities!    

Fans of the egg-shaped toy that simulates the life cycle of a real pet can currently purchase the new Tamagotchi Connection Version 2 as a single-pack or "True Friends Collection" two-pack. Both allow tweens and teens to collect "Gotchi" points, which can be used to shop for treats and toys, and use secret codes to unlock special shopping areas not available anywhere else in the programming. In addition, infrared technology allows Tamagotchi owners to "connect" with others and have their pets become friends, trade gifts and mate to create future generations to play with.    

Additionally, the new Tamagotchi Mini features programming similar to the original Tamagotchi, but is only one-third the size. It doubles as a unique fashion accessory so it can be attached to cell phones, key chains, backpacks, purses, jewelry and even clothing.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Bandai Announces Tamagotchi: Corner Shop for DS
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 02:12:41 AM »

Fun sound effects for each mini game, from cake cutting to filling cavities!

"Here have some cake I just cut"
"Okay"
"Have some more"
"I like where this is going!"

LATER AT THE OLD MILL

"Hoooooly crap my teeth have been attacked. Attacked by cake"
"Oh dear. TIME TO DRILL"
"With fun sound effects?"
"You know it!"

THEN THE CREDITS ROLL.

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 02:18:41 AM »
Hey, I for one can't wait for crazy stylus dentist antics.  Sleeper hit written all over it!
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Bandai Announces Tamagotchi: Corner Shop for DS
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 04:34:04 AM »
A Plaque Attack sequel on DS would be the greatest thing ever. =o

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 01:09:19 PM »
Oooh, I played that on the PS2 Activision Anthology game!  That was actually a lot of fun!   (I played it so much that I actually managed to win the patch for it.)
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
RE:Bandai Announces Tamagotchi: Corner Shop for DS
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 02:27:55 PM »
this actually has been announced for quite a while...i don't think any press release was ever given, but while looking at nintendogs at gamespot a month or two ago it said "also consider" and this was listed, with screenshots too...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42