Author Topic: Episode 780: The Artist vs. The Thousand Year Truthers  (Read 847 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 780: The Artist vs. The Thousand Year Truthers
« on: July 17, 2022, 12:17:39 PM »

Like all "truthers," they're wrong.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/61011/episode-780-the-artist-vs-the-thousand-year-truthers

This week, twenty minutes spent on news are SOLELY responsible for us being unable to provide you a Listener Mail segment. Clearly, Bayonetta 3 and Kirby's Dream Buffet need to return to the abyss from whence they came. Alas, they will not, so we cover this E3 Direct to start the show. Remember, Nintendo made both of these instead of making an F-Zero game. They are both 100% responsible. Sound off in the comments.

After we roll through that news, we... transformer our hair into... we do New Business. Jon gives us an update on Diablo Immortal and its ludicrous number of currencies. It has more currencies than a Crypto exchange, seconds before North Korean hackers clean it out. And on the current trajectory, about the same real-world values. James is trying to race through his backlog before Xenoblade Chronicles 3 launches in under two weeks. He already finished Future Connected, and now he's started - and completed - Paper Mario: The Origami King. He has thoughts, but they're mostly about the discourse surrounding this game and how some of you are just unfathomably wrong.

After a breather, Guillaume has an update on Citizen Sleeper, which he now feels better equipped to describe. He then moves onto Carrion, a game where you play a flesh-munching tentacle monster, and I will not add any additional jokes here. Lastly, Greg closes out the show with some additional thoughts on ElecHead before moving on to talk monster hunting in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak. He and Jon dive deep into getting going in Sunbreak and how it deviates from the previous content.

As always, emails go here.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 780: The Artist vs. The Thousand Year Truthers
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 07:47:16 AM »
I fully agree with James about Origami King.  I delayed getting the game since I wanted a true RPG, don’t like the overuse of Toad, and the battle system looked meh.  I bought it when it was on sale and ended up loving the game.  The story and dialogue are what sucked me in, it’s one of the few games in the last 5 years that I made time to play.  The playhouse sequence is one of my favorite video game moments, and the death of one of the characters affected me more than almost any other.  Great game that should not be missed, but I still want a true RPG, still don’t like the overuse of Toad, and the battle system was indeed meh.  I guess that makes me a 100 Year Truther.  Maybe 10 year.