Author Topic: Episode 756: Kawaii Is in the Eye of the Beholder  (Read 1034 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 756: Kawaii Is in the Eye of the Beholder
« on: January 30, 2022, 04:38:00 PM »

ã€ã‹ã‚ã„ã„ã¯è¦‹ã‚‹äººã®ç›®ã®ä¸­ã«ã‚り。】

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/59539/episode-756-kawaii-is-in-the-eye-of-the-beholder

Greg was unable to join us this week, and given how the release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus rendered this episode obsolete within 20 minutes of recording concluding, it's fine.

In an attempt  at staving off the creeping grip of irrelevance, we dedicated the show to our email backlog. This inbox spelunking turned up three gems: "Why are Mario enemies so well-known," "What games would we have loved if they weren't unexpected jerks," and "What games are literally 'baby games for babies.'"

We know the inbox continues to reject your missives, and if this week's impassioned plea for your questions has you motivated, allow this link to facilitate.

Guillaume had a little New Business, so he ended the show with brief thoughts on the iOS version of Ghost Trick and more involved thoughts on Unsighted.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 756: Kawaii Is in the Eye of the Beholder
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 10:14:30 PM »
Editing on point

Offline Cool Uncle Vince

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 08:57:16 AM »
For baby games:
Mario Kart 8 is really good with the auto-accelerate & safe rails.  The kid just moves forward & stays on the track, but has mild control.  My son was able to be "competitive" with me, which was good for his ego.

Mario Maker is also good because you can make a low barrier course where they can just jump around. Or they can draw a crazy course and make giant bosses and make a hellscape & watch their parent try to beat it.  It's hilarious to them. 

Toddlers lose attention real quick & just walk away.

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 08:54:30 PM »
Wow, I was not expecting such a moving speech.

Mario enemies definitely have the advantage of being consistent over the years. Goomba's have always looked like Goomba's, Koopa's walk on their hind legs now, and Thwomp did get a few redesigns, but by and large they do stick to the same style guide; for better and for worse.

I think Wii Sports might be a fun game for a first game, assuming they don't throw the Wiimote into the TV.
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com