Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What is your most recent gaming purchase?

<< < (5/486) > >>

ejamer:

--- Quote from: Morari on November 12, 2011, 12:39:11 PM ---I finally picked up a copy of Settlers of Catan and Pandemic the other day. Two widely favored titles that have somehow been missing from my already crowded shelf.

...oh, you meant video games? One word. Skyrim.

--- End quote ---

Pandemic is overrated, but still a great group activity for many people.  Settlers is a "modern classic" for good reason though, especially with Cities and Knights added in.

Morari:
I would generally agree. After a few play-throughs, I've found that Pandemic is pretty light. Still, the cooperative aspect has proven to be appealing amongst my usual group. Settlers has quickly become our "go-to" game to start the night out with. I'm definitely going to look into an expansion pack or two for it.

I just picked up the second Party Box expansion for Apples to Apples as well. I know a lot of people scoff at the title, but it's a great game to bust out at a more casual gathering... or once everyone is starting to get buzzed from the mojitos and mudslides. Besides, I whipped up about 200 custom cards and had them printed out to spice up the game. All kinds of pervy stuff comes up now during rounds.

UncleBob:
Apples to Apples is awesome.

Picked up Punch-Out!! today.  Been trying to find a non-Selects version and finally ran across one while out searching for Skylanders figures.

Also, picked up a 3-in-1 game selector for the DS/3DS.  Early impressions are not that good, but I'm going to give it a few days before I comment too much on it.

Ceric:
This weekend I picked up my Super Mario 3D Land w/ Tanooki suit keychain x 2 (One copy is for my Niece).  Have to say so far I'm not impressed and I'm over half way into the main game.

I also picked up for Skylanders:
Whirlwind (Target Exclusive)
Flameslinger, Stump Smash, and Drobot 3 pack. (My Son insisted on getting Flameslinger.  Its cheaper to get the 3 packs if you want the characters.)

So now I have the Target and Walmart exclusive.

ejamer:
To scratch my casual gaming itch, I grabbed two DSiWare games to fill in time between Ghost Trick sessions.

First was Zenonia. No comment because I haven't played it yet, but my brother recommended the game so I'm confident it'll be worthwhile.

The second was Alphabounce. This seems like a simply Breakout clone and doesn't require much effort or attention, but has nearly endless levels to unlock spread out over a grid-based map, dozens of power-ups available while playing, and extensive customization options based on equipment and weapons that you uncover. I've lost hours of my life to this game already and have only owned it for one weekend. Things look like they are going to get worse before getting better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version