Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1204897 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 12:58:06 AM »
I'm kind of upset.
I don't like going to the movies.
Black Dynamite makes its Canadian theatrical premier on the 14th, and on the 16th in the same cinema they have Dead Snow as a Toronto theatrical premier. Well I can't watch Dead Snow because I have a closing shift on that day, but Black Dynamite??? *shrug*
I will just have to wait for their Bluray releases.

Are they premier only releases?
if not then I don't see the problem... Although Black Dynamite is definitely a "Opening Night" movie. Hilarious audience commentary at the screen is what I'm most looking forward to.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »
Black Dynamite is "One Screening Only". Whatever that means.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 11:58:14 PM »
Black Dynamite is "One Screening Only". Whatever that means.

Damn that sux. I'm gonna go see it opening weekend (possibly Day 1) so I'll let you know how it is.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 12:13:42 AM »
I will look forward to knowing how it was.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 04:36:23 AM »
in tucson we have a hippie ran theatre that shows all sorts of crazy stuff you'd never see in a regular theater
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 11:56:31 AM »
I'm not really hyped by Avatar, but since someone mentioned it, here it is.

Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: James Cameron
Starring: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez, Giovanni Ribisi, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Peter Mensah, Laz Alonso, Wes Studi, Stephen Lang and Matt Gerald.
Release: December 18, 2009
Avatar is the story of an ex-Marine who finds himself thrust into hostilities on an alien planet filled with exotic life forms. As an Avatar, a human mind in an alien body, he finds himself torn between two worlds, in a desperate fight for his own survival and that of the indigenous people.

This next one is one to keep an eye out for if you're into werewolves

The Wolfman
Studio: Universal
Director: Joe Johnston (Jurassic Park III)
Starring: Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt and Hugo Weaving
Release:
Universal resurrects the classic werewolf tale with the story of an American who experiences an unsettling transformation after returning to his ancestral home in Victorian-era Great Britain and being attacked by a rampaging werewolf.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:30:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 07:05:34 PM »
Live riffing of Plan 9 by the MST crew tonight, broadcast into theaters

8PM ET/ 7PM CT/ 6PM MT/ Tape Delayed at 8PM PT.

http://www.ncm.com/Fathom/Comedy/RiffTrax.aspx?utm_source=Rifftrax_Eblast&utm_medium=RT_Email&utm_campaign=Rifftrax_Event_Page
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 12:09:17 AM »
Avatar looks less cool now that i've seen it, im glad my Avatar idea is WAAAAY different

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2009, 02:13:55 AM »
Black Swan
http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/08/kunis-portman-aggresive-sex/

apparently Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman have agressive sex, one of the girls rapes the other at one point too i guess.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2009, 02:43:54 PM »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2009, 09:40:56 PM »
Black Swan
http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/08/kunis-portman-aggresive-sex/

apparently Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman have agressive sex, one of the girls rapes the other at one point too i guess.

I'm not sure if I would watch this movie, but I will definitely look for the love scenes on the internet after it's released.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 09:53:23 PM »
The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
Studio: Stage 6 Films
Director: Troy Duffy
Starring: Norman Reedus, Sean Patrick Flanery, Clifton Collins Jr., Julie Benz, Peter Fonda, Billy Connoly, Judd Nelson, Robert Cochran Marley Jr., Brian Mahoney, David Ferry, David Bella Rocco
Release: October 30, 2009
Cleverly framed for murder by an unknown enemy, wanted vigilante brothers Connor (Sean Patrick Flanery) and Murphy (Norman Reedus) come out of hiding to fight for justice once again, armed and ready to take down any evildoers who cross their path. Bursting forth with tons of action, writer and director Troy Duffy's long-awaited Boondock Saints sequel also stars Julie Benz, Peter Fonda and Billy Connolly.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:11:55 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 02:38:24 PM »
/facepalm
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2009, 04:25:41 PM »
Trailer needs more "****!"

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2009, 12:10:15 AM »
I just saw the first one recently, it was really good but should not under any circumstances get a sequel.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Clash of the Titans
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2009, 09:30:45 PM »
Clash of the Titans
Studio: Warner Bros Pictures
Director: Louis Leterrier
Starring: Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, Sam Worthington, Mads Mikkelsen, Gemma Arterton, Alexa Davalos, Jason Flemyng
Release: March 26, 2010
In Clash of the Titans, the ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Neeson) and unleash hell on earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny.

This sweeping fantasy epic, a remake of the 1981 hit, was penned by screenwriting legend Lawrence Kasdan (Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark) and has visual effect from people involved in The Dark Knight, Terminator Salvation, Incredible Hulk, Gladiator & Saving Private Ryan.

This one I'm excited for because I loved the original from way back in the day. Greek Mythology was one of my favorite things growing up & this movie deserves a quality remake.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
I'm too lazy for all the beautiful formatting that BnM21 does, but go watch the trailer for Ong Bak 2.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »
I just saw the first one recently, it was really good but should not under any circumstances get a sequel.

I'd agree with that. Still, I think it's going to be pretty damn entertaining.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2009, 07:17:56 PM »
new clash of the titans? Blasphemy! Im a huge Harryhausen fan, 2 summers ago I went on a rampage and watched most of the movies he worked on. I still need to see like 3 of them though. I like it when remakes don't have the same name as the original. Red Dragon and Manhunter got that right. Theres a remake for Nightmare on Elm street coming out, it'll be allright with Rorschach as Freddy, but whatever. Its just going to be the same damn movie as the original. If I were to redo it, i would completely re-invent it. Like Freddy wouldn't be designed in even the same way. I write too many scripts that don't get anywhere...i have am idea that has a deadline though...ever hear of a mockbuster? I need to learn to write at least a page a day on scripts. I wrote 4 pages yesterday. I have a 57 page comedy script, an outline of a horror script with 4 pages of a scene thats in the middle of the script. I just need to finish something so that I can get paid.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 07:28:58 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Ong Bak 2 & The Last Airbender (Avatar)
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »
Ong Bak 2
Studio: Magnet (I think)
Director: Tony Jaa & Panna Rittikrai
Starring: Tony Jaa, Sorapong Chatree, Sarunyu Wongkrachang, Nirut Sirichanya, Santisuk Promsiri
Release: October 23, 2009
After warlords slay his parents and the rest of his family, young Thai nobleman Tiang (Tony Jaa) escapes his kidnappers and joins an eclectic band of outlaws, who instruct the revenge-minded youth in a variety of deadly fighting styles. Now a master of weapons and hand-to-hand combat, Tiang hunts down those who robbed him of his kin. Jaa also directs and Sorapong Chatree co-stars in this martial arts thriller set in 15th-century Thailand.

The first one was very enjoyable just for the fight scenes alone. This one looks to turn it up a notch.

p.s. This movie is not connected to the 1st one due to the time at which it takes place (600yrs ago).
Like the trailer says "REAL FIGHT IS BACK!"

The Last Airbender: The Legend of Aang
Studio: Paramount Pictures & Nickelodeon Movies
Director: M. Night Shyamalan
Starring: Noah Ringer, Nicola Peltz, Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Shawn Toub, Aasif Mandvi & Cliff Curtis
Release: Summer 2010
In a world ravaged by the Fire nation's aggression toward the peaceful Air, Water and Earth nations, reluctant youth Aang (Noah Ringer) learns that he's an Avatar -- a rare being who can manipulate all four elements and restore peace to the planet. Now Aang must join with his pal Katara (Nicola Peltz) and other allies to fulfill his destiny. M. Night Shyamalan directs this live-action adaptation of the animated series "Avatar: The Last Airbender."

This is literally M. Nights last chance to do a movie that doesn't make me feel stupid for sitting through the whole thing. He's not a bad director, but if he does one more stupid "what a twist" movie I will never watch anything that he is attached to again.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2009, 03:30:35 PM »
When I saw the "Official Avatar Discussion" thread, I thought it was about the show "Avatar: The Last Airbender." Avatar the movie sounded cool, but it actually looks really stupid.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »
To me, Aang doesnt look like how he should.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 07:11:26 PM »
Some of my students auditioned for that Last Ari Bender movie and I understand why they picked who they picked. But man his martial arts stink! I'm sure he has gotten better, but when he tries to roll his glider through his arms and back like a spear, it is done so badly.

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »
Maybe they'll do something akin to the Matrix? Keano Reeves isn't a martial arts master afterall.

Anyway, I'm going into the Last Air Bender with no preconceptions. I'm not going to compare to the cartoon because nothing can top that masterpiece; it would be pointless.

Really, the only thing I want to see is the Avatar state. I get goose bumps when watching the cartoon and the avatar transforms into his avatar state. The music becomes epic, his voice God like, and in him is the power to do anything. It's really a sight to see, so I hope it's even better live-action.