Author Topic: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness  (Read 104271 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2020, 04:24:10 PM »
I found the ladder on someone else's island.

I currently do not have access to the main island creator account.... so we may be doing a complete reset of the game soon. We'll see.

and that sucks because I already have and paid off my 1st house loan. Caught a bunch of fish & bugs. collected fruit, and turnips (@$90ea), planed trees ect ect.

and in the interest of getting this museum open and only having limited time/days to play with my daughter.
I have a quick question about time travel.... if I skip forward a day for the museum to be open, can I go back and still have the museum be open?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:29:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2020, 10:43:19 AM »
The someone is arriving/leaving message is annoying, I agree. It's only a huge problem if you're doing the turnip trade game with random people who have great prices, though. It's a mild inconvenience otherwise.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2020, 12:43:38 PM »
I forgot that turnips are only sold for the first half of Sunday so I missed my first buying window. Anyone time skipping to a Sunday morning anytime soon?

BnM you can get so much done in the first couple days I'd say it is worth resetting. If you have any items that you liked I would recommend storing them in another player's town temporarily (along with all of your bells). Others here could help you get back up to speed. I was warned online so I took the necessary steps, since my wife and sister are much more casual players. I would have been miserable and irritated if they were in charge. And they prefer things this way, as I am much more goal driven to get things unlocked.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2020, 01:56:49 PM »
I was talking about that with my daughter yesterday.
About seeing if I could store everything we've already collected with someone here and just restart.

Unfortunately, I already paid off my house.... :/ So that would be $98k bells wasted, but that was a days work, so no biggie.

But we have a small stockpile of stuff for the museum once that opens. Fossils, fish, and insects.

I'd appreciate if someone could help out in that way if we don't get this second account island Rep issue worked out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2020, 04:09:19 PM »
I'd be willing to help but you probably won't be able to transfer bugs and fish between players. I'll have to make a note to hold on to my extra fossils for the next few days to help make up for that.

I forgot that turnips are only sold for the first half of Sunday so I missed my first buying window. Anyone time skipping to a Sunday morning anytime soon?
I'll be skipping bsck probably. I have mt Switch's clock set like 6 hours behind so shops are still open when I get back from work. Since I mostly play than.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2020, 04:38:40 PM »
About seeing if I could store everything we've already collected with someone here and just restart.
But we have a small stockpile of stuff for the museum once that opens. Fossils, fish, and insects.
I'd appreciate if someone could help out in that way if we don't get this second account island Rep issue worked out.
I could help out, I mostly visit other people so my town has plenty of space for storing junk. However, note that there isn't a way to give fish nor insects to other players.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2020, 08:17:11 PM »
Awesome. If we were best friends, could I not just set the fish and insects down in your town?

Or does it not work that way?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2020, 09:36:52 PM »
I am so jelous of you folks right now. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2020, 10:25:57 PM »
Awesome. If we were best friends, could I not just set the fish and insects down in your town?

Or does it not work that way?
It doesn't work that way. You cannot set them down in someone else's town, nor could you pick up ones placed by the host.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2020, 10:47:14 PM »
ahh ok, I wouldn't know. I visited someone else town, but I didn't try to pick up any fish that were placed.

I just know that if you are "best friends" you can alter the landscape some by digging, so I thought maybe you could pick stuff up.

So I should probably hold all the fish until we figure out if we need to reset. And then sell them in someone elses town for more money, and the have someone hold that money for us so we can atleast get the bells, items, and fossils back?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2020, 10:06:41 AM »
So I should probably hold all the fish until we figure out if we need to reset. And then sell them in someone elses town for more money, and the have someone hold that money for us so we can atleast get the bells, items, and fossils back?

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/unexpected-money/nigerian-scams
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2020, 12:08:10 PM »

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/unexpected-money/nigerian-scams

Hello sir,

I am a wealthy owner of an island out in middle of the sea who is being repressed by draconian Nintendo account and online capabilities. In an attempt to fix my current situation, I reached out to the Local Government officials who told me there was nothing I could do. In the chaos that followed, the Town Representative disappeared without a trace and there is no way for us to find out what happened to her with the limited resources on our tiny island.
We have many fish, fruits, fossils, and species of critters worth untold amounts of Bells that are needed to search for our missing resident and/or move to a new island and start a new life. But to get the full value of our wealth, we will have to sell the product abroad.

If you would allow us to deliver all these riches to your island and sell what we can to your Nook for full value, and then hold our bells, fossils and other items in your storage while we attempt to flee our island, we promise to come back and trade turnips with you at future later date and time.

Thank you

frustrated father trying to save his princesses efforts so far.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2020, 05:58:17 PM »
BnM, I'll start stockpiling extra bells, materials, and fossils so I can donate them to you after your reset. Just let us know when you need the progress-infusion!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2020, 06:49:46 PM »
BnM, I'll start stockpiling extra bells, materials, and fossils so I can donate them to you after your reset. Just let us know when you need the progress-infusion!

This is why I love this forum.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2020, 08:44:12 PM »
update is that it may have to wait till tomorrow morning before we know if we are resetting or not.

She was able to get her account at her mom's house back up and running, but her sister isn't around to share the password for the account as it appears to have changed. So either we log back in and everything is saved, or we can't get back in and the big RESET happens, and we scramble to pawn off everything we have and restart a new knowing we get to at least inherit what we can from the previous version of ourselves :)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2020, 08:58:40 AM »
I had turnips selling at 465 yesterday. I only found out after 8 pm and was too busy to organize/advertise. I didn't even get to exploit random other people's desires to sell high in exchange for gifts, nuggets, and fees!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2020, 12:25:26 PM »
How does this whole turnip thing work anyway?

I bought what I could afford at 90 a turnip.
I'm waiting for an opportunity to go somewhere and sell at a much higher price (like 465 and definitely would've jump in at 8pm to do so ;) )

But I'm hearing about tips and now gifts, etc etc
is that like bribing the host to invite you over? tipping them out for helping you make money?

I've never sold a turnip so I don't know the process. It took me a minute to figure out where to buy them the other day, as was evidenced by my stressful first time AC Switch Online experience. LOL

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2020, 12:51:34 PM »
Anyone I know, anyone on NWR, I wouldn't ask for that.

If I were on a larger gaming forum, like reddit or GFAQs, if I'm going to basically suspend my ability to play to let tons of people sell or buy their turnips, I'd want something in return. For me, not much would be necessary. I've seen people ask for a lot, though.

When I say it was at 8, the trick was it was at 8 and I also didn't have time to go and post about it. I actually asked Mop it up if she thought she could, while I pretty much left the game on, and essentially neither of us had it in us to manage it.

My schedule is weird, but essentially half of all days, my fiance is working, and on those days, I've got time for social gaming. The days she's off, I don't get time to socialize without constant interruptions. Yesterday was the latter, and it was a shock I even had the chance to consider it.

Anyway, now that I have 2 million bells from selling my turnips, what do I do?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2020, 01:20:47 PM »

I'm waiting for an opportunity to go somewhere and sell at a much higher price (like 465 and definitely would've jump in at 8pm to do so ;) )

is that like bribing the host to invite you over? tipping them out for helping you make money?

I've never sold a turnip so I don't know the process. It took me a minute to figure out where to buy them the other day, as was evidenced by my stressful first time AC Switch Online experience. LOL
It is literally the stock market.  Each Sunday I believe you can purchase some.  I don't know if it has changed for New Horizons but Nook can tell you what price the turnips can be purchased for so you need to buy low and sell high.    Really no island should be asking you for gifts for selling your turnips on the island.  Those that do are just asking for extra off the top so to speak. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2020, 01:23:29 PM »
Right than, who has some nice Turnip prices for me to sell at?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2020, 01:52:06 PM »

It is literally the stock market.  Each Sunday I believe you can purchase some.  I don't know if it has changed for New Horizons but Nook can tell you what price the turnips can be purchased for so you need to buy low and sell high.    Really no island should be asking you for gifts for selling your turnips on the island.  Those that do are just asking for extra off the top so to speak. 

Think of it as broker's fees. Like I said, I wouldn't do this with NWR, but if I'm offering turnip prices of 465, you're making a roughly 4-5x profit from your investment. It's uncommon enough that it's worth taking advantage of, and it's a chore to invite essentially random people to just come and go non-stop. As such, people who have high turnip values ask for something in return for the inconvenience, since opening up doesn't really provide the host with any benefit.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2020, 02:20:29 PM »

Same. I'm already hoarding everything I find a-la Monster Hunter so I'll have plenty to spare to help you get up to speed. I'm already getting duplicate fossils so I'll lend you any of those.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2020, 03:16:01 PM »
Good News is we were able to use her new secondary profile to login to the account from her moms house and attach it to the original resident on my copy of AC like it was last time.

So no need to erase the original game and start everything all over!!!
Crisis averted. I appreciate all the offered help and assistance though.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:33:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2020, 03:38:43 PM »

Good News is we were able to use her new secondary profile to login to the account from her moms house and attach it to the original resident on my copy of AC like it was last time.

Yay!! Good to hear!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2020, 03:54:46 PM »

Phew! I start getting my fossils assessed again! @_@
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.