Author Topic: MS announces that you will be able to download XBox titles onto the XBox360 on Dec 4th  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Wow, how come the internet hasn't exploded?

As reported by Gamasutra:

More interestingly, the company has announced that with its latest Xbox Live update launching December 4th, Microsoft will kick off a new "Xbox Originals" campaign that will see the release of downloadable games for 1200 Points ($15) each.

Thus far confirmed titles include Halo, Psychonauts, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge and Fable, with "a growing catalog of Xbox games to download and own over the coming year."

MS is really going all out this generation, and frankly, I'm scared.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Kairon

As reported by Gamasutra:

More interestingly, the company has announced that with its latest Xbox Live update launching December 4th, Microsoft will kick off a new "Xbox Originals" campaign that will see the release of downloadable games for 1200 Points ($15) each.

Thus far confirmed titles include Halo, Psychonauts, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge and Fable, with "a growing catalog of Xbox games to download and own over the coming year."

MS is really going all out this generation, and frankly, I'm scared.

Yeah because competition is scary right?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile

Because most of the games that will be made available are easily found at GameStop or eBay for less than $15 and are already playable on the 360.

The whole appeal of the VC is

A) to buy games that aren't readily available anymore
B) to play them on a current gen console

EDIT:  You can actually buy Crimson Skies for $1.99 at GameStop.com
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

When they're MS? Yeah.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

When they're MS? Yeah.

Because MS has really dominated the MP3 industry as well, right?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Apple is scarier.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Considering MS lacks the historical console libraries Nintendo does this feature is probably the best they can do to combat the VC.  Though they do already have Live Arcade.  It's an option and it's neato I guess but it isn't as cool as the VC.  Maybe if they had more obscure games.  Like vudu said if you can easily find the game for possibly less money at EB then who cares?

Better than not having the feature I suppose.

Offline Sister Mary LeFever

• PS3ROX!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I'm glad to see Psychonauts getting the attention it deserves.

Though, exactly how large are X-Box games? I question the feasibility of loading several onto the normal 20 gigabyte drive...
My signature is a trainwreck

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Considering MS lacks the historical console libraries Nintendo does this feature is probably the best they can do to combat the VC.  Though they do already have Live Arcade.  It's an option and it's neato I guess but it isn't as cool as the VC.  Maybe if they had more obscure games.  Like vudu said if you can easily find the game for possibly less money at EB then who cares?

I'd rather have them focusing on getting ALL Xbox games backwards compatible. Though, I guess this service isn't a big deal because you can just drop the iso on the 360 HDD and the emulator is already there to run it. But nevertheless, lets get that BC list all finished up, then they can worry about other side projects.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Mr. Jack

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

I'd rather have them focusing on getting ALL Xbox games backwards compatible. Though, I guess this service isn't a big deal because you can just drop the iso on the 360 HDD and the emulator is already there to run it. But nevertheless, lets get that BC list all finished up, then they can worry about other side projects.

I definately agree with that, I've been so disappointed in their slow as crap Xbox emulation updates.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile

Because its about as groundbreaking as Nintendo putting Gamecube games onto the VC.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
I think it's pretty "meh"
The VC offers games that you can't buy anymore except on ebay and at flea markets. Plus the Xbox emulation on the 360 is complete garbage. If I did want to play Xbox games I would just buy the discs so as not to eat up all the hard drive space.
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Shift Key

Because its about as groundbreaking as Nintendo putting Gamecube games onto the VC.

In all actuallity that would be cooler.  Then they would have the home button working and might support the Classic Controller.   Also saving on the Wii's internal memory akin to how Sony does it with the non-gimped PS3's.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: ryancoke
I think it's pretty "meh"
The VC offers games that you can't buy anymore except on ebay and at flea markets. Plus the Xbox emulation on the 360 is complete garbage. If I did want to play Xbox games I would just buy the discs so as not to eat up all the hard drive space.

Yes and from what I heard these will be 1,200 microsoft points (15 dollars) and all they are just .iso dumps so they are effected by the defects from backwards compatibility issues that the 360 has.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Ceric
In all actuallity that would be cooler.
Not gonna happen without a hard drive, and that's a scientific fact.