Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 457229 times)

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #675 on: May 13, 2003, 12:40:59 AM »
Termin8:Man, I have 9 Knight's Crests! Grrr. And the underwater Hyrule is awesome. I loved that room. Have you gone back to Forsaken Fortress yet? Cut-scenes ahoy! I'm just exploring at the moment, getting maps marked, fighting with the dojo guy, getting money, the usual classic Zelda stuff. I haven't really gone on because I think I'm going round in circles!?!?! Is it the southern marker first, because that's the one I'm going for. Maybe I'm just wrong. And I met the other wind frog god, and got another tune? You figured it out yet?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #676 on: May 13, 2003, 01:12:26 AM »
This is for Shifty ONLY!!

Shifty: i've passed all that. I'm up to the *next half* of the game. You can go to either marker first. I'm just doing the south one first. Which reminds me. Have you been to the fire or ice mountain? If you haven't, go there. And since you've gotten the warp song from the second frog god, you should be able to go to a certain place that lets you go to fire and ice mountain. figure it out. you can do it. if you haven't done anything yet, just ask me. PIAC can tell you stuff, i dunno about Infernal, but don't ask Mario, cause he's only up to the 2nd visit to forsaken fortress.
And if you want some more Knight's Crests, just look for battles with those knights in armours. When you've taken all their armour off (do PARRY MOVES ONLY to do this), get you grappling hook out, and take it from them. You can do this with any enemy. If you want just one more, go to Shark Island, and hit all the switches. It'll be the most intense battle EVER, but there are knights down there.

Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #677 on: May 13, 2003, 01:28:47 AM »
OK check this crime against Humanity, that my dad just emailed me

Big W have still not received their stock of the new Zelda GameCube
title. (as of 11:00 Tuesday 13th may)
You are on the reserved list, they don't know when it is arriving
CAn you fuking believe that? Big W has stil not received their stock. For god's sake, Big W is the biggest department store in the Biggest settlment in WA outside of Perth. I mean 60 000 people live in the Bunbury area, countless numbers of these people are Nintendo fans and yet they dont get any copies of Zelda yet. God I fuking hope they have the limited edition.  
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 13, 2003, 01:33:02 AM »
man. you don't even have Zelda yet?
bloody hell.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #679 on: May 13, 2003, 01:35:33 AM »
It's worse than that, the way things are panning out i wont be able to play it until THE NEXT SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!
Unless I suddenly get given $300 to buy an LCD screen for my cube.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 13, 2003, 02:02:41 PM »
Wow, RABicle, you seriously need to check out mail order sites. One that does COD or something....

Heh, going to see the first session of Matrix Reloaded on Friday. It's going to be a giant crush to buy tickets, but.. Whatever. It'll be worth it.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 13, 2003, 02:26:30 PM »
I wanna see the first session too, but then I'll be going by myself.
I'm seeing it in the afternoon. At least I'll have all day to play Zelda. Yay!
One of my friends is seeing the midnight session on Thursday. Damn him!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 13, 2003, 03:31:44 PM »
I'd love to go see the midnight session at the likes of George street in the city... But I guess seats were booked months and months in advance =P

And the game comes out tomorrow, going to hire it on PS2, since the Blockbuster near me hates GC...

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 13, 2003, 06:27:58 PM »
Nintendo's lineup this year doesn't really excite me too much, since we knew about most of these games already. But thank God they're releasing screens and movies. And it's great news about Pilotwings at Factor 5 eh? Metal Gear Solid looks mighty nice. I haven't seen any movies yet though, since I'm at uni now, but the screens look great. Geist sounds pretty cool too.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 13, 2003, 10:53:20 PM »
I rang the computer store about the Mario Party pack.  There's a catch.  You have to purchase a GC.  Damn!

One of the Melbourne newspaper had a story about the GameCube, one year after its launch today in the TV guide/electronics section.  It was a one page read, and had quotes from Nintendo Australia sale and marketing director.  He basically said that they are disappointed (!) with sales and hoped to have a 15-20% share as opposed to the 6%.  Also, he said they won't follow MS lead because they don't have Windows to fall back on.  The front on the TV guide had a funny cover art.  Mario (frown on his face) in his go-kart with the wheels off on bricks (!), with the PS2 and Xbox controllers on the other two go-karts driving away.

If anyone is interested reading it (it was a fairly short article), or seeing the cover art, let me know and I'll scan it.  I'll email it or Termin8Anakin will be happy to host it on his website.

BTW, the Playstation Player has me worried.  

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 14, 2003, 03:20:19 AM »
Hmm, the PSP looks strange.

A portable PS2/media device? Sounds pricey. UMD, Memory Stick, mini-storage, its all seems to be another niche product.
And a Q4 2004 release, no set price and set specs makes it seem like a pipe dream. I wouldn't expect it to threaten the GBA much.

But that's my opinion. Gimme a GBA and some old-school games! And a CD player.

EDIT:
Going to see Matrix Saturday night! Supposedly heaps of tickets still?!? Better line up early for good seats, not like what happened for X-men 2 (stupid friends getting there at the time the movie starts, and by 'there' i mean rocking up, not sitting in the cinema! Grrr.)

For Termin8's eyes only:I eventually got to the first marker (the south one) and now I have to go BACK!?!?! Ah well. More exploring for me! And Shark Island? Even more exploring!  

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 14, 2003, 03:51:33 AM »
Yeah Aiai, PGC just put up some news about that here. Its a shame really, nintendo easily has the best console. Oh well...

I'll probably see the matrix in a few weeks, after the huge crowds die down a bit. And so far Nintendos E3 lineup is looking very dissapointing, but the show isnt over yet Anyways, im loving the Wind Waker even more now (omg i didnt even think that was possible!). Ive spent the last couple of hours playing around that Windfall place, yay! Best game ever!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 14, 2003, 01:01:36 PM »
That article made me a sad panda.

It's pretty sad when they admit they suck here in terms of sales, and just hope Metroid and Zelda will sell units -_-

And Zelda is pissing me off, I'm just doing little side quests now, and I got the B&W Picto Box (Yeah, I know. I should of got it way,WAY earlier) AND IT'S HARD TO TAKE QUALITY PICTURES FOR THAT OLD FART!

GGGGR, BLARG, HULK SMASH!  

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 14, 2003, 02:50:42 PM »
Hey, Infernal, wait till you have to take COLOUR photos!

I'm sad about NAL's (so thats what we should call them!) admittance that they just sucked. But I guess, like Ben said, it shoudl be expected. This should be a big indicator that they should start supporting morem eh?
And Aiai, did you say you have the cover of teh article? So it was front page news?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 14, 2003, 05:24:00 PM »
yay nintendo of australia :\
lets go take them over AiAi your a melbournite, you go storm NoAusHQ and got WE R TEH PGC AUSSIES, WE ARE RUNNING THE SHOW NOW

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 14, 2003, 10:25:06 PM »
I saw the news PGC put up.  But I know for a fact that I beat Ben to the punch!  So, yeah, it feels good!

Again, I'd be happy to scan the front cover of the Connect section (the TV guide and gadgets part of the paper).  Not front page news though.  Let me know.

And I could go to Nintendo Australia HQ, since it is only a 35-45 drive, just near where I used to work.  Well sort of, they moved after my contract was finished.  But what should I say?

AiAi: Umm, I'm here to see the sale and marketing director.
Secretary: And who might you be?  We don't allow the general public in.  And how did you get past security?
AiAi: What?  You don't recognise me?  I'm AiAi from Super Monkey Ball!  You wouldn't have any bananas around here, would you?
Secretary: Hmmm? Security!
*Get thrown out*

No wonder Nintendo don't advertise much.  Too much money spent on heavy security to keep people like you and me away.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 14, 2003, 10:42:37 PM »
they are cleaver ones allright :\

hehe you should get a monkey suit and a name badge that reads Hi! im AiAi! and then do some self advertising, you would get a news story if its big enough

or arrested

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 14, 2003, 11:45:57 PM »
Or better yet, get a AiAi orange T-Shirt, the one with a big "A" on the front.  AV used to sell them.    Or I could go to a T-Shirt printer shop and have one made for myself.  What a great idea!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 15, 2003, 02:43:21 AM »
Why have only one monkey? How about we get multiple monkey suits, and travel around, acting out various SMB games like Monkey Pool, Monkey Soccer and those ones? Of course, with alcohol-fueled mayhem included!
I can see it now - four or more guys in monkey suits, wreaking havoc at sporting events. Sounds cool!
I have been toying with this concept, but haven't found the right opportunity to unleash it on the world. This is that moment.
How does this sound: "The Super Happy Monkey Ball Tour - Now With Extra Balls!"

Probably could get a better name...

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 15, 2003, 09:00:18 AM »
yo!

pgc is fukcen gayy. i couldnt even type c_elda!!!!!

kick me off rick ya fat loser!!!!AAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHHAHA
"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 15, 2003, 02:09:30 PM »
The Matrix Reloaded was f**cking awesome. Saw the midnight session last night. And they showed The Matrix before that, so I'm pretty much bummed out when I got home at 2:30am, then had to wake up at 5am to take my mum to work. And our other car had a drained battery do I had to take my dad to work as well. So I am in the sh*ts right now.

Although I got the story of it (and it's bloody awesome - not what anyone expected!), I still came out of the cinema confused like I did the first one. But I can't bloody wait till Revolutions!
I think I'll make a thread for it.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 15, 2003, 09:49:12 PM »
I'll be seeing the Matrix Reloaded on Tuesday night.  Guys, when the credits roll, do NOT leave your seats.  Stay till the end as it will have a sneak preview of the next movie, Revolutions.  I found that out from my newspaper.  Did you see that Termin8Anakin?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 15, 2003, 10:23:16 PM »
Unfortunately no. I hate it when that happens. You see a movie, come out of it, THEN you find out that they put in some special stuff right at the end. Damn. Tell me what the footage has when you, or anybody sees it. I wanna see it again, but I'm broke again now. Damn Zelda game. No wait! That's good!
Damn Zelda game. I'm almost finished, I think. Right now, I'm getting all the triforce maps. I've got one more, and thats the one from the ghost ship. Just have to go down a hole, then shoot six torches. Then after that, it's off to Tingle to decode the maps!

I think it's so funny, that Australia and New Zealand gets The Matrix Reloaded before anywhere else in the world, i mean, their thursday midnight sessions won't start for another hour! They're like 18+ hours behind us! Hahaha!

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 15, 2003, 10:48:38 PM »
You have nearly finished TWW?  Holy crap.  I've spent nearly 20 hours on OoT, and I haven't finished the THIRD dungeon!  Yeah, basically I'm taking my time, collecting as much pieces of hearts and these skeleton things.  

I wasted hours trying to figure where to find Jabu-Jabu.  And yeah, I caught a 10 pount fish a few days ago.  I like it when Link's eye light up when he catches a fish!

How long did it take any of you guys to finish OoT the first time?  I'm wondering because it looks like it's gonna take me 50 hours, or so.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 15, 2003, 10:55:30 PM »
BTW, happy one year to GameCube in Australia!  It's been a tough ride, but as long I get the games, I'll be happy.

GameCube GET!