Author Topic: RFN RetroActive Game Nominations  (Read 196378 times)

Offline shinyray01

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: RFN RetroActive Game Nominations
« Reply #425 on: September 26, 2011, 08:50:08 PM »
Nominating CUSTOM ROBO. i really think this is an extremely underrating/overseen game.

Offline guitardeth3

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 26, 2011, 09:10:47 PM »
I nominate Resident Evil Zero.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 27, 2011, 06:27:37 AM »
i would nominate Conker's bad fur day but its pretty rare, copies net around $40-120 depending on the condition you want it in.

how about earthworm jim? the genesis version is on the Virtual console with HD remakes on XBLA and PSN, should be easy to get ahold of.

Pulseman (genesis) would be good too, made by gamefreak and also on the VC.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:56:30 AM by Lithium »

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 27, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »
Starfox Adventures would be...Interesting.

:-\
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 27, 2011, 01:00:14 PM »
I would be happy to second Custom Robo(DS). The DS version is very easy to find worldwide, the Gamecube version on the other hand is not and the DS version is better.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 27, 2011, 11:03:46 PM »
The Gamecube version is hard to find? Glad I got it for $20

Never got the DS one.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Dropkik

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 28, 2011, 01:24:47 AM »

Yes, I am the one person on earth who likes that damn game.
Dancing on the rain-slicked precipice of pretension

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 28, 2011, 02:19:28 AM »

Yes, I am the one person on earth who likes that damn game.

Actually, all jokes about the ridiculous amount of collecting aside, I liked that game in general as well.  It's a decent Zelda knock-off, and there's some pretty funny 4th Wall-breaking dialogue towards the end.  I just wish Nintendo had allowed it to be its own game rather than try to shoehorn the Star Fox license in at the last minute.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 28, 2011, 06:05:28 AM »

I nominate that we never, ever choose Resident Evil 0.

I played this game, okay.  There are no inventory chests!  Seriously, think about that for a second, think about your experiences with this series, and what it means when there are no inventory chests whatsoever.

Yes, exactly that messed up.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Da Jarvis

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #434 on: September 29, 2011, 12:01:24 AM »
Yo guys, there is a lot great stuff here, but I am kind of dissapointed with the lack of portable games on list :(. Since Most of you guys haven't played the first Fire Emblem, I think that might a good one to consider for a Retro Active Discussion. Perhaps you guys should theme this one around solid portable titles, or possibly some missed DS games that not a lot people picked up like Radient Historia or something along the lines of that. I would love to join this Retro Active (would be my first one), but between work and school, unless it's going to be one a Portable, I don't think I will have time to join, especially if it's something like Wind Waker or one of the longer RPGs. I know it's a personal mater and it really doesn't play a facter in your choices, but I would like to hear your thoughs on a exclusive and unique portable game other then Mother 3.
3DS Friend Code: 4038-6986-6300

Offline guitardeth3

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 29, 2011, 12:06:05 AM »

I played this game, okay.  There are no inventory chests!  Seriously, think about that for a second, think about your experiences with this series, and what it means when there are no inventory chests whatsoever.

Think back to my experience with this series? To tell you the truth I just started this series recently( I know that sounds ridiculous with how popular the franchise is) and I've started with zero(No,I didn't nominate it because I'm playing it)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 29, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
Ping Pals lol.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 29, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »
The only way I'd do a RetroActive on Resident Evil 0 is if the objective is to shoot it.

I've had a recent conversation about Star Fox Adventures that lasted about an hour. It continued to return to one moment that turns the entire game into a joke. Not a good joke either. A joke that ends with some kind of mangled punchline.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 29, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »
The DS version is the only version of Custom Robo that was released in Europe. Still inferior to Gotcha Force though.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 29, 2011, 11:14:56 PM »
This is kind of a vanilla suggestion, but has Pikmin ever been nominated?  I'd prefer Pikmin 2, but, sadly, it's fairly expensive to obtain.  I'm glad I still have my copy.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 30, 2011, 03:04:05 AM »

Think back to my experience with this series? To tell you the truth I just started this series recently( I know that sounds ridiculous with how popular the franchise is) and I've started with zero(No,I didn't nominate it because I'm playing it)

Okay...in your best interests, I would tell you to stop playing this game, sell it back to gamestop or whatever.  If you've never played a Resident Evil game ever, it won't seem that bad.  If you have, you will want to kill someone.  Someone not a zombie. Someone responsible for designing that game. 

A lot of people tend to crap on the pre-RE4 games, and a lot of that criticism is deserved, but they're not horrible games.  They're okay games, with eye-candy cutscenes and horrible controls. 

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline guitardeth3

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 30, 2011, 02:02:58 PM »

Okay...in your best interests, I would tell you to stop playing this game, sell it back to gamestop or whatever.  If you've never played a Resident Evil game ever, it won't seem that bad.  If you have, you will want to kill someone.  Someone not a zombie. Someone responsible for designing that game. 

A lot of people tend to crap on the pre-RE4 games, and a lot of that criticism is deserved, but they're not horrible games.  They're okay games, with eye-candy cutscenes and horrible controls.
I can't sell it because it's my older brothers property(he got the good and evil pack a long time ago).It's too late to stop playing because I beat it yesterday.I'm about to move on to the first resident evil  so I should see all the design flaws you've pointed out in zero.though I confess the controls are crappy in the old games they really don't bother me too much.I mean pulling out your gun points you at enemies automatically.The worst experience I have is  running into a wall from time to time.

Offline adadad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 30, 2011, 10:10:35 PM »
The problem with RE0 in my experience was that it wasn't scary at all. The design and mechanics are almost identical to the other games in the series, it just lacks any tension whatsoever. The remake of the first game, on the other hand, is TOO scary, so bad that I couldn't get through it. Playing RE2 on the PS1 currently is a good compromise.

Offline Nbz

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 01, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »
Yo guys, there is a lot great stuff here, but I am kind of dissapointed with the lack of portable games on list :( . Since Most of you guys haven't played the first Fire Emblem, I think that might a good one to consider for a Retro Active Discussion. Perhaps you guys should theme this one around solid portable titles, or possibly some missed DS games that not a lot people picked up like Radient Historia or something along the lines of that. I would love to join this Retro Active (would be my first one), but between work and school, unless it's going to be one a Portable, I don't think I will have time to join, especially if it's something like Wind Waker or one of the longer RPGs. I know it's a personal mater and it really doesn't play a facter in your choices, but I would like to hear your thoughs on a exclusive and unique portable game other then Mother 3.

I would definitely agree with the suggestion of the first GBA Fire Emblem, though finding a copy may be difficult/expensive. But yeah, I think it would be a great game for retroactive and a discussion that I would find really interesting considering my love of the series and that game in particular.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 02, 2011, 10:54:22 AM »
The problem with RE0 in my experience was that it wasn't scary at all. The design and mechanics are almost identical to the other games in the series, it just lacks any tension whatsoever. The remake of the first game, on the other hand, is TOO scary, so bad that I couldn't get through it. Playing RE2 on the PS1 currently is a good compromise.

I agree, the crimson heads would always scare the crap out of me, I always made sure to have my lighter and fuel on me to burn the corpses before that could happen. Lisa Trevor was pretty creepy too.
anyways people give pre-re4 games crap but I actually enjoyed REmake when i played it. I don't remember hating RE0 but i do remember never finishing it, so i guess i didn't like it as much as REmake
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:57:08 AM by Lithium »

Offline keep

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 24, 2012, 04:56:59 AM »
Hello, I'm the annoying Facebook person who keeps on banging about Kirby. I heard Greg talk about Goemon's Great Adventure last week and I think you OUGHT to play Kirby Super Star for the SNES if you liked that. It's a great Kirby game and probably the biggest one in terms of scope and gameplay... all the different games in it, but in particular Milky Way Wishes, Great Cave Offensive and Revenge of the MetaKnight!! The 2P option in this game is the genesis of New Super Mario Bros Wii as mentioned by Iwata in some Iwata Asks, which makes it even more interesting!

I'm not sure if this is available on Wii Virtual Console, but if not there was a DS remake released a few years ago, which does not capture 100% the essence of the original but it does have some other improvements. I would love to hear what you guys think about this game as I think it's, by a mile, the pinnacle of the Kirby series.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 25, 2012, 05:07:38 PM »
Since 2012 will be the year of Resident Evil, I nominate Resident Evil 4.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 26, 2012, 10:55:17 PM »
I nominate Zombies Ate My Neighbors in the same spirit.  I think its on VC and I've only heard about it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #448 on: March 26, 2012, 10:59:39 PM »
I nominate Zombies Ate My Neighbors in the same spirit.  I think its on VC and I've only heard about it.

It's a good game, I own it on SNES and have it on VC. I could never beat the game without a Game Genie though, LOL. It was pretty hard as a kid and I don't know how I would have beat the later levels without unlimited ammo and invincibility. Blasting through everything with unlimited bazookas is a blast.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 27, 2012, 04:45:26 AM »
Cho Aniki.

Make it happen.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:47:33 AM by Lithium »