Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 176910 times)

Offline Odeix

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #900 on: November 11, 2004, 12:13:38 PM »
I understand that some people get frustrated by the limited save business, but it really does work well to create a tense atmosphere. I think not knowing how much longer you can hold out before saving again is really cool.

Anyway, you can always play on Easy where they give you about twice the number of ink ribbons you'd ever need.
>>>

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #901 on: November 11, 2004, 01:04:15 PM »
It's like "OMG" you're running around the house trying to find toilet paper.  OH TEH SUSPENSE!

The BioZomboid4 typewriters are probably inkless and are hooked up to WiFi routers or some technical stuff like that so it saves you're progress on the local Ganado Online community network.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 11, 2004, 01:49:32 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
It's like "OMG" you're running around the house trying to find toilet paper.  OH TEH SUSPENSE!

The BioZomboid4 typewriters are probably inkless and are hooked up to WiFi routers or some technical stuff like that so it saves you're progress on the local Ganado Online community network.

I was hoping we'd get to use villagers' blood to save progress.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 11, 2004, 06:11:34 PM »
I love that, the more you kill the more you save.  that would be an awesome save system

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 11, 2004, 07:30:38 PM »
New pictures of Resident Evil 4 on the IGN boards.  There's a total of 14 but they're quite small, so don't have an orgasm yet.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 11, 2004, 11:09:34 PM »
I hope that the game is long enough, it should imo be a good 20 hours atleast.
ANd I hope its not too much of a pain getting that girl around, I hope she doesnt behave that stupid and just run around like a retard.
LZ 2005

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 12, 2004, 05:07:41 AM »
Its better than Ico.  Playing as ashley is my fear.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #907 on: November 12, 2004, 08:57:57 AM »
Playing as a young woman in a schoolgirl cosplay outfit surrounded by crazies.  THAT'S Survival Horror.  But what exactly are you supposed to be afraid of... oh....

*o*

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 12, 2004, 11:28:11 AM »
I just hope this game will feel as perfect as it looks
it really should be awesome in any way possible, if you consider the people behind it
and the long development time

And I actually think I will piss myself when I play that game, altough I wonder how it can be scarier thatn RE with the free camera, that made me go crazy on REmake.
LZ 2005

Offline Odeix

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 12, 2004, 12:51:15 PM »
Despite a free camera so you can openly see the environment, I think the game's scare-factor increases because the zombies can actually navigate obstacles to get to you.
>>>

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #910 on: November 12, 2004, 12:59:52 PM »
Yeah, there's a tunnel vision aspect to it all.  If you don't see them coming up from behind you, you might definitely hear them (even the demo was wonderful with Dolby Pro Logic II.  I often hear the swipe of a hatchet miss behind me as I run by).  Creepy?  Maybe.  Keep running to a more secure spot?  or turn around and face a screen-filled onslaught of sickos?

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 12, 2004, 02:39:47 PM »
Interesting scans from Famitsu should be translated very soon.  I wonder why Leon has an inventory full of eggs and fish.  Anyway, the scans are located on Page 24 of the topic in the link in the second post.

-----------------------------------------------------

Here's a new Kobayashi interview:

New Kobayashi Interview:

GW: Why the sudden announcement to make it on PS2?

Kobayashi: In order to help stablize our revenue and create better relations with shareholders and increase the value of our stock we chose to port RE4. It was purely a business decesion.

GW: Despite your previous claims on RE4 being GC exclusive.

Kobayashi: When I made those comments, I was the acting producer on RE4. Having said that, at the time it was a choice we made that RE4 could generate a profit (break even) on the GC. And as a producer, that is my only concern. For the game to be reputable and generate pure profit. And I believe it could have. But there are other factors that were outside of the development staff that caused the game to be ported. This deceision was made by non-developers, those whose job is to ensure the Capcom's future finicial sucess. Apparently, the PS2 was seen as extra profit, and thus we were told to port it. My say is only limited, but at the time, and my perspective I was 100% confident and sure it would remain GC exclusive.

GW: Forever?

Kobayashi: As far as I was concerned, sure. But keep in mind, the PS2 port will come 3 to 5 Quarters after the GC release. In our relationship with Nintendo, they still see this game as Nintendo Exclusive.

GW: Can you comment on these rumors about many of the design staff leaving.

Kobayashi: Personally, I'm upset with Capcom's deceision but as a producer I understand where they are coming from. Regarding the other staff, this isn't a rumor. It's truth. They are moving to Clover Studios. However, that is still a studio that is onwed by Capcom. It's a part of Capcom. Profits and pubslishing is still from Capcom etc.

GW: So Mikami is done with the RE series?

Kobyashi: I do not know. Depending on how well some of our newer large titles sell (DMC3 and Viewtiful Joe 2) determine a lot of future things. I cannot say. But if Mikami wanted to , he can and very well make another RE game. Clover studios has full access to the licensing equipment, brands etc that belong to Capcom, and obviously vice-versa. That is why Dante was in Viewtiful Joe (ps2-port). Dante belongs to Capcom but Clover still has rights to him just like any other Capcom Studio.

GW: Is it true that many of the design staff is upset with the higher "ups" at Capcom?

Kobayashi: No. Definantly not. And Never. They are all hardworking people and ultimately, they all want their game to be played by more people than not. We understand that some Nintendo fans are upset, but that is their problem. They need to understand that a company must maximize each games profit to stablize revenue and generate a higher return so we can continue to make quality and ground-breaking games.

GW: You talk about maxing out each game's potential revenue, so why don't you consider porting the DMC series to Gamecube? Being that it's a multi-million+seller, it could certainly find a home on the GC console as DMC and RE are very similar games in terms of target audience and fan base.

Kobayashi: This could happen at many requests...

GW: And finally, what do you have to say to those that are thrilled about the news, those that are concerned for Capcom, and those that aren't so glad to hear what has happened?

Kobayashi: RE4 has been designed for the Gamecube. Beyond that I cannot say more. But certainly keep that in mind. It will also appear on the GC early 2005, almost a year before the PS2 port. That is still exclusive in business relation terms. We only do this to stablize more profit, so that we can create stronger games and help prepare us for the large R&D costs that come with the next-generation consoles. We hope you'll play RE4, it's a great game I am truly proud of. Please, be optimistic that the RE series will now expand to greater lengths and more people can be introduced to the game series they all know and love, and help support.

------------------------------

There is also a new picture of the chainsaw controller at Lik-Sang located here.  It's $50.00 U.S dollars, $65.00 Australian dollars and $39.00 Euro-dollars.

And lastly, here is some RE4 information.  Just be warned, they may be seen as spoilers.

- Sometimes Ashley acts independently while you play as Leon.  Obviously, like already seen in the trailer, you can control her.  Boys, get ready to eat your hearts out as you let her crawl underneath tables.

- Similar to Resident Evil Zero, when you are playing as Leon, you can give Ashley instructions such as, "Wait" or "Follow".

- Also like Resident Evil Zero, you need to co-operate with Ashley to complete puzzles and all that jazz.  For instance, you could see in one of the pictures that Leon was giving Ashley a boost.  All these commands are done by using the 'action' button, 'A'.

- This time round, you can have some fun in Resident Evil by filling Ashley full of bullets.  Apparently, one bullet is enough to kill her, so watch where you're shooting.  If you do kill her or if she does get killed, the game will be over.

- Remember seeing the monks or villagers carrying Ashley away?  Well if they take her away to another location, the game will automatically be over.

- Like seen in the pictures, Leon keeps in contact with a female agent back at HQ... sort of like what Metal Gear Solid had done.  The woman's name is Ingrid Hannigan, but the spelling of her name may be incorrect.  She'll inform you of what's happening or where you need to go next.

- Already stated, you can save as many times as you want without the use of Ink Ribbons.

- Lastly, if you walk into water your connection with Ingrad will be gone for the rest of the game.  This includes being knocked out of the boat at the lake monster battle... ... ...okay, that was only a lie.  Your connection can never be lost.  

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #912 on: November 12, 2004, 02:51:29 PM »
Leon likes fish omellettes (sp?).

Offline Zero_Plague

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 12, 2004, 03:56:14 PM »
Well the only thing I can make out in that particular scan is that Famitsu have put a large '!?' next to the fish and egg inventory, so they probably don't know what the hell all that is about as well.  In the egg inventory, Leon is even equipped with an egg.

Strange....  

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #914 on: November 12, 2004, 04:14:09 PM »
Well, some eggs do restore health in the demo.

Others hike up your cholesterol...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: November 12, 2004, 08:10:45 PM »
Perhaps you need to collect fod to survive like in MGS3 or GTA3.2?

Zero_Plague: Those are called Euros, not "Euro-Dollars". Not every currency is called a dollar.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 13, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »
If you guys really want to make a difference then you have to get yourselves together and collectivly cry to capcom for some of their PS2 games to go to gamecube.  write letters and write them abundently.  

Offline Odeix

• View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 13, 2004, 11:33:21 AM »
"You guys"? If by that you mean the people who visit this forum, read this thread, and actually bother to write letters to video game companies then we are severely short-handed on any campaign effort.
>>>

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #918 on: November 13, 2004, 12:35:46 PM »
That's soooo last week.  Get back to the real Resi4 talk now.

~~~~~

WHATEVERR!

Offline JGarcia050

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 13, 2004, 06:22:21 PM »
has anyone played the demo of RE 4 yet?

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 13, 2004, 06:32:26 PM »
I have!  its the super cool.  I think I convinced someone to buy a gamecube while I was playing it.  

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #921 on: November 14, 2004, 12:39:43 PM »
I've had the JPN demo for roughly a month, if that counts.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 14, 2004, 05:23:57 PM »
I just played RE4 at a store kisosk today. (pretty eventful day, got some quality time with RE4, DKonga,  Metroid Prime 2, and the DS)

It's the first Resident Evil game I've ever played, or seen in action for that matter, and I only got a few minutes with it.  It's pretty cool.  The environment was really gorgeous.  Leon walks pretty slowly, which provides for some creepy situations, but is ultimatley annoying.  Press R to switch in to "aiming mode' with your laser-guided pistol, which is the only way to really look around (the C-stick moved hte camera up and down, but not side-to-side).  The controls in this mode are not inverted, which is why I had a problem, but it shouldn't be too hard to get used to.  One thing that was missing that would have really helped would be the ability to strafe.  Taking corners without strafing will be creepy, but overall it makes the feeling of moving Leon around too robotic and not lifelike enough (which is apparently THE problem in prior RE games *shrugs*).  Start switches to the map and Y to the menu; I think those two should have been switched.

Overall though it was way cool, but I think for someone without playing a prior RE game like me, it's a better choice to save $20 and get the RE package with RE0 and REmake on it.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #923 on: November 14, 2004, 06:28:24 PM »
If walking is slow, why not run?

If you play the demo enough, you'll realize strafing isn't all that useful/important given the [open] design of the village and the urgency of the scenario.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 14, 2004, 08:45:14 PM »
I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, but someone mentioned in an earlier post that the controls for aiming your weapons weren't inverted (ie. up for down, down for up).  In order to invert the controls, you have to highlight your weapon in the menu, press start, then turn inverted mode on.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?