Author Topic: Mafia LII:Teen Titans Season One Mafia sign up thread  (Read 16657 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Mafia LII:Teen Titans Season One Mafia sign up thread
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:38:49 PM »
Rules: I will most likely be having a 24 hour day so that people are not affected by timezone issues.
Changing your vote. If you have a vote you need to put un vote in your first vote post and then post your new vote in your new post. If you don't correct this if you have done this by the end of the day then your vote will not count.
Ties will be similar to my last game.If there is a tie then anybody that has voted at the end of the day won't be able to change their vote but anybody that hasn't voted will be able to break the tie. If everybody has voted then anybody can change their vote.There will be a 30 min tie breaking period.If at the end of the tie breaker if there hasn't been a tie break then both people live.

Voting requirements:You must vote once every three days.If you have not then you will be gone from the game.

Signups will go till June 12th and I will start the game on the 13th.
Roles
Townie Roles

Robin:Investigator till the start of Day 4 then will become the Apprentice if Slade is still alive.
If Starfire dies then Robin will stay as the Apprentice after the start of the 4th day. If Slade dies before the start of the 4th day then Robin will stay the investigator.

Starfire: She is the Doctor this game.She can protect someone of her choosing or she can evade to protect herself from harm.She can not evade 2 days in a row.If she dies and Slade is still alive at the start of the 4th day then Robin will be come the apprentice.She can use either her protection or evasion a night but not both a night.

Raven:She will become active if Robin becomes the apprentice.She can kill one person a night or can search someone.  Will be chosen from one of the townies left in the game. If Slade doesn't choose the  apprentice then she will become active on the start of Day 3.Robin will be able to choose her for the team but she will have to live till then to be able to do her damage.

Beast Boy: Will start with 3 unique roles to start the game but can only use one a day and must PM me which they want to use for the day sometime before the day ends.I'm thinking of giving him a set amount of maximum roles he can have total. Maybe 5 or 6.These are the 3 he will start with and can add and swap out so he can custimize himself. Can choose someone and can change the target of said persons role if they have one. He or she will need to PM me and say someones name and then another person for the role to affect.
Can have 2 votes for the day.
Can send a message to me for me to post in the day thread.It has to be in the form of a joke though.Might be helpful might not depending on how one uses it.

Cyborg: Can protect someone from death then he will not be able to use it again the next day. Can message me with a name and I will inform them that person who Cyborg is.Kinda risky that last one but it might help get the townies hooked up quicker.

Villians Roles

This game Slade will get to pick his own team from the avalable roles below.Darkfire will be on the team already.

Slade: Can choose who to kill by sending me a PM of who. He can either choose himself to make the hits or can choose one of his Mafia members to do the hit.He will show up as townie in searches.Once day 4 has rolled around he will chose the investigators searches.

Darkfire: She is the only one that can kill Starfire when chosen to do so.She will show up as a townie in searches.Has the Mafia pretender role.

The Apprentice: Can investigate one person a night. Avalable to Mafia at the start of the 4th day.Show up as Apprentice. He will also not know who the Mafia are until he is perminately a Mafia member by Starfires death.This is to prevent him from going back to being a townie and spilling the roles.His role will be controlled by Slade till he becomes a perminate role. If for some reason Slade doesn't send in a search then the apprentices search will be used.

Cinderblock: Will be able to protect Slade one time if Slade is attacked.He will die after that.Will show up as Cinderblock in searches.

Mad Mod:Will be able to nullify one persons ability a night.Will show up as Mad Mod in searches.

Puppet King: Will be able to switch 2 persons roles. He can not switch townies and Mafia members roles but can switch 2 Mafia members roles or he can switch 2 townie roles.Will show up as Puppet King in searches.

Plasmus: Can pretend to show up as anyone in the game for a day in searches.Meaning their roles. However he will morph back to his regular role the next day. If the person with the role doesn't choose to use their ability the first day then it show up as Plasmus until they choose to use thieir role.

If Slade dies then there will be a vote for a new leader and there won't be a hit that night.If someone is chosen as the hit for the night by Slade they won't be able to use their own abilities that night aside from Darkfire.
 The majority of the roles will be either one a night but not both a night for everybody.

I think that is it.If anybody sees something you want add just mention it in the thread. I'm shooting for 20 players this game so I can have the 5 townie roles and 5 Mafia Roles and 10 normal townies. Anything you want to ask about the roles go ahead and do so.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:58:21 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia LII:Teen Titans Season One Mafia
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »
Players signed up
16 players
Nickmitch
apdude role playing as Blue Beatle
jrlibrarian
Sundolous roleplaying as The Protector
thatguy roleplaying as speedy
Shyguy as Deathstroke
Mary Jane
Ceric
Dispicable
Khushrenada roleplaying as Super boy
Toruresu roleplaying as Mas Y Menos
Unclebob roleplaying as Kcid Nosyarg(Larry)
stevey
insanolord
Golden Phoenix
Mop it up as a citizen of the city.

Helpful links.
Page of the titans
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Titans#Teen_Titans_.282003.E2.80.932006.29
Pretty good site for the animated series. All the characters from the animated series are there.Lots of info from the series and lots of pictures.
http://www.titanstower.com/source/animated/00indexanimated.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:23:32 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LII:Teen Titans Season One Mafia sign up thread
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 10:43:19 PM »
AW MAN but I wanted to sign up as Mad Mod!

That totally ruins the experience.

Anyways, count me in (I'm still getting a Mad Mod avatar btw).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 10:45:03 PM »
You can pick any character that you like but you may not get that role. Also like in my last game roleplaying is encouraged.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 10:46:04 PM »
Ok, thank goodness. I am MAD MOD.

"Hello governor!"

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 10:55:07 PM »
I'm in. And I'll try to actually post this time!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 11:26:21 PM »
Count me in.  I don't know much about the comic, but the package Khush sent (thanks btw!) has some in it so maybe I'll get some insight enough to play along.  Don't know if I'll be able to make many panels this time as I'll probably be traveling for work so I most likely won't have paintshop but we will see.  I'll pick a character later.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 11:43:24 PM »
Damn right I'm in.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 12:30:30 AM »
I think I pretty much PMed everyone that ever signed up for a Mafia game. So maybe we will get some players coming back that hasn't played recently.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 01:41:06 AM »
I'm in!  My knowledge of the Teen Titans is limited to the cartoon as well...I'll have to pick a character some other later on.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 02:01:54 AM »
Just updated the second post with some helpful links.The wikipedia page and another site which has lots of pictures and info from the animated series.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 02:48:33 AM »
I'm in. Maybe as Robin, maybe as Deathstroke.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 03:02:47 AM »
I'm heading to bed but before I go I want everyones thoughts on an addition the Beast boy.He can only choose  the townies roles if they are dead.He won't be able to use any of the Mafia roles if they die though.

I may add some more Mafia roles for Slade to choose from to make his team.

See ya in the morning.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 07:02:29 AM »
I'll give it a whirl, been awhile since I played one of these but I'll reread everything on the 12th.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 08:50:22 AM »
This is the 13th to the 17th right?  I'm not going to be able to play.  I'll be in Las Vegas for my Sister's wedding.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
Yeah it will start on the 13th and go on until we have a winner.Well sad to hear that Ceric.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
Yeah at best I could be a townie but everyone would know I was a townie.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 09:09:01 AM »
Do you have a way to get on your internet? This is after E3 so maybe Nintendo will have the browser up for the 3DS and you can play using the 3DS  if you have one.I'd hate for players to miss a Mafia game if there wasn't a way they could play.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 09:15:50 AM »
Do you have a way to get on your internet? This is after E3 so maybe Nintendo will have the browser up for the 3DS and you can play using the 3DS  if you have one.I'd hate for players to miss a Mafia game if there wasn't a way they could play.
My phone has unlimited data so I can get on the internet more than likely.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 09:20:28 AM »
So can I take it you are signing up Ceric?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Despicable

• Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 01:04:24 PM »
Count me in

Sorry last round i didn't post cus I had alot going on.  :'(
Dad I'm in Space

I'm Proud of You Son

Dad are you in Space?

Yes now we are Family again.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »
Yeah, just don't give me something like Slade.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 03:14:46 PM »
Count me in.  I don't know much about the comic, but the package Khush sent (thanks btw!) has some in it so maybe I'll get some insight enough to play along.  Don't know if I'll be able to make many panels this time as I'll probably be traveling for work so I most likely won't have paintshop but we will see.  I'll pick a character later.

Ha. That Teen Titans strip is probably the worst of the bunch. Wonder woman is also pretty difficult because it is a mass of small text but at least you can make some semblance of the story. The Teen Titans strip is a mess from beginning to end. My favorite is the Adam Strange strip. I loved that. The Flash is also good but I've didn't like the ending and the Supergirl is just good fun.

Of course I'm in. It's been too long since I've finally got to play a game. Not sure what I'd roleplay as since I've never cared much for the Titans.

What the heck. I'll take Conner Kent aka Superboy.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 03:54:57 PM »
I'm in!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading: